Mika: "What does Alan McGee know about me?"

marian538

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100% behind on this!

What Mr McGee said about him, was absolutely NOTHING to do with his music, just a personal attack on him for no reason whatsoever.

Fair play to Mika for defending himself, yes he could have sat back and said nothing, but then that could have been construed as open season for all his haters to follow suit and go for the jugular.

You have to draw a line somewhere.

Get In Mika :thumb_yello:

Well said , the man is a complete prick

He may have discovered Oasis , they done a few good albums then lost the plot totally and now .. no more

Woah, Fred!

He's really rattled you, I never knew we could get away with saying that on here, ha ha!!!

I do agree though.

I hope Mika wins it now and says something really sarcastic in his speech, not mentioning names though.

100% behind on this!

What Mr McGee said about him, was absolutely NOTHING to do with his music, just a personal attack on him for no reason whatsoever.

Fair play to Mika for defending himself, yes he could have sat back and said nothing, but then that could have been construed as open season for all his haters to follow suit and go for the jugular.

Exactly! You have to draw a line at some point so that people like McGee know that they cant get away with anything. And if you can defend yourself in a decent, intelligent and fierce way just like Mika did, so much for the better:thumb_yello:

Woah, Fred!

He's really rattled you, I never knew we could get away with saying that on here, ha ha!!!

I do agree though.

I hope Mika wins it now and says something really sarcastic in his speech, not mentioning names though.

Grace Kelly comes to mind...:fisch:

"What does Alan McGee know about me? "Why would what I do relate to him? And why would what I do deserve an opinion from someone like him? "I make music that comes from the circumstances I have lived with.

"My music is a direct result of the life I have had and continue to have.

"I have always done it from a very organic place that I have been very proud of and without thinking about other people's opinions.

"I am a target for certain types of people to criticise. They feel that it increases the attention and column inches they get.

"I'm not willing to take part in their little game or retaliate in any way except to say that I don't care.

"Let him go off and club with every supermodel in London and rest on the cool laurels that he has laid for himself like prickly thorns. He can keep that life. I'm happy with mine."

:clap: I love how he said all this. He delivered a swift boot to the crotch! A figurative boot, but still! :naughty:

GO MIKA!

100% behind on this!

I agree. Normally I would say that people should ignore stupid comments like the ones made by McGee, but now and again I do think it's necessary to just make a small stand, to stand up for yourself, just to let people know you won't be pushed around or slagged off. Just as long as one does it with eloquence and intelligence and without resorting to insults.

Well said Mika! Now forget Alan McGee even exists.

Very sharp and witty reply. Personally, I probably wouldn't have bothered to reply at all...but then again, maybe I would have. I certainly can't blame him for fuming over it. :sneaky2:

Tbh the article headline is quite misleading because it doesn't sound as though he's fuming at all. It sounds like he just raised an eyebrow, shrugged his shoulders and offered a classy comeback that shows just how pathetic and inferior Alan McGee is.

I mean yeah, he discovered Oasis, but does he not realise that one good album does redeem a couple of snotty nosed little boys of a life time of attention seeking arguments and poor music that they arrogantly tell us is good? And apart from that, what's he done for man kind in the last 15 years? Nothing, by the sounds of it.

Tbh the article headline is quite misleading because it doesn't sound as though he's fuming at all. It sounds like he just raised an eyebrow, shrugged his shoulders and offered a classy comeback that shows just how pathetic and inferior Alan McGee is.

I think you are right - I suspect the paper rang him up expecting to get an angry reaction, and instead they got a Mika shrug. I think he may even have giggled a bit. They forgot to change the title of the article to match Mika's response :biggrin2:

I think you are right - I suspect the paper rang him up expecting to get an angry reaction, and instead they got a Mika shrug. I think he may even have giggled a bit. They forgot to change the title of the article to match Mika's response :biggrin2:

Yepit should definitely be changed:

MILDLY BAFFLED MIKA FIRES BACK AT McGEE ; Singer's slight giggle at Brits rant

Yepit should definitely be changed:

MILDLY BAFFLED MIKA FIRES BACK AT McGEE ; Singer's slight giggle at Brits rant

LOL I love it. Not nearly as sensational but definitely a lot more accurate.

I'm so glad he said something, and I'm so glad it was such a classy comeback, cos of course he's gonna get slagged off left right and centre, he's a controversial guy and we love it, but Alan McGee couldn't even bring himself to slag off his music.

Personally I think he's repressing homosexual tendencies and seeing Mika on the television had brought them out full force in a massive man crush, which, as an angry sort of guy, he probably doesn't deal with very well, so instead wants to kill the problem at its source, ie, our handsome devil's birth.

Personally I think he's repressing homosexual tendencies and seeing Mika on the television had brought them out full force in a massive man crush, which, as an angry sort of guy, he probably doesn't deal with very well, so instead wants to kill the problem at its source, ie, our handsome devil's birth.

:biggrin2: And why does that sound plausible??? :naughty:

:thumb_yello:

Archived