REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika at Leeds Academy 2010-FEB-21

Blue Sky

I wanna know who sings Toy Boy with Mika? Martin, David or Jimmy??? Just curiosity :teehee:

thanks for the pics, reports and videos! :flowers2:

I've wanted to know that for a long time....Martin I guess?

think Jimmy doesn't sing that much in gigs...

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've wanted to know that for a long time....Martin I guess?

think Jimmy doesn't sing that much in gigs...

I think it's Martin if I recall correctly.

Thanks!!! I think Martin's voice suits (I don't know if "suits" it's the right word :teehee:) with Mika's voice! :wub2:

Martin :fangurl:

:naughty:

Thanks!!! I think Martin's voice suits (I don't know if "suits" it's the right word :teehee:) with Mika's voice! :wub2:

Yes I agree with you. I don't like Mika harmonizing with himself on the recording. Having Dan on the acoustic tour was an improvement, but these performances with Martin are the best Mika's done since the first time he sung it in LA. They've always had great chemistry together right from the early days.

Yes I agree with you. I don't like Mika harmonizing with himself on the recording. Having Dan on the acoustic tour was an improvement, but these performances with Martin are the best Mika's done since the first time he sung it in LA. They've always had great chemistry together right from the early days.

oh i totally agree. i love how their voices sound together.

:fangurl: time

He also keeps putting in all these new little elements, like last night, during Relax, he suddenly started singing a few lines from the "I just died in your arms tonight" song. That was pretty unexpected :lmfao: but I loved it.

That's so awesome :wub2: I hope someone got that on video.

Loved your report, thanks for sharing. :)

I'm so not suprized that you begrudged us our moment. Our early admission into the venue was our reward for the effort in undertaking the job they asked us to do. Anyone can have a go but it's also a one off chance. I was sad to have to leave at the start of Dr John which is my fave song but I was there to do a job and so off I went and reported for duty whilst you enjoyed the rest of the show.

We've been here before but when we arrived at the venue we stopped to have a chat with Freddie before going in to rehearse but no-one offered to put a number on our hands........just like no-one did at Brixton in 2008....the first I knew of the numbering system was when I saw a few of the other Big Girls with numbers and thought..."here we go again!!".

At Manchester we arrived and joined the queue and got third row places which is okay as we got there as early as we could but others were there before us and that was fine. At Birmingham on Thursday we will be able to arrive a bit earlier than for Manchester and Leeds and we hope that we'll get a spot closer to the front but again, we'll join the queue like we always do....and get the spot in the venue that we get......and not moan about it.

You don't actually have a monopoly over the front centre spot at every gig, nor have you been employed as the gig queue police but I have no doubt that you'll continue to find something to be unhappy about at every show.

I had an amazing experience last night but reading your report has left me deflated and I can't even be bothered relaying my story on here now. :boxed:

I need to pick you up on something here .....

The issue was the lady that was helping me run this was a bg , in her excitement she went in and took the list , pen with her .....

The system was working just fine .. it was one of those things

I had been doing that for a good 5-6 hours in the freezing cold before you turned up , the big girls were taken maybe 10 mins before you turned up.

I had no idea of the conversation that you had through John , at all .....

Its the same as the 3 Q systems , these things blind side us when they happen.

Edited by FREDDIESDOUBLE

WHAT A GIG! WOOOO! Best one so far! Vids going up overnight at the usual place (http://www.youtube.com/user/lozzington90) and I'll post the photo link as soon as they start going.

M&G was super chilled and very nice. Lovely stuff. Really well organised, staff were super helpful, really nice and I got a setlist and a balloon so it's all great.

wow i watched it, couldnt get sound as i am at work but cant wait to see him in concert. Really clear lovely picture :thumb_yello: thank you for posting

Leeds. It was cold. In fact it had been snowing overnight, hence the snowman. There was a smallish queue at midday, which steadily grew. Glad to see sariflor, Danika and Bab had arrived safely this time after their nightmare journey to Sheffield. Went back to hotel to meet Kath and Vickylovesmika after they had made several circuits of the Leeds inner city loop. Then back to queuing.

The O2 priority queue thing caused chaos again, but a security man let me go as a "guest" of an O2 user. So ended up in the front row, just left of centre. This was the first gig I have been to where I had actually made it to the front row, and it was great just for once to have an uninterrupted view..

The gig was wonderful, his voice just seems to get better and better. And he is putting in some sexy dance moves, not just during Touches You :mf_lustslow:

IMGP0752.thumb.JPG.1f9fa8a696abb99bc087afe3965317f8.JPG

Though I love the little dance with Imma at the end of GGG

IMGP0755.thumb.JPG.1523dce4a1090853cd31fa1ff402f209.JPG

He did admit to be a bit manic due to lack of sleep :naughty:

IMGP0767.thumb.JPG.3393e5bd836bd189608381c7431e81e2.JPG

And as mentioned, he suddenly sang a few lines from "Died in Your Arms" during "Relax"

Beautiful version of Toy Boy, complete with ugly puppet

IMGP0776.thumb.JPG.cbbdd56298b4b3a3778f94e0b1bf1065.JPG

IMGP0767.jpg

during which song was that pic taken? :blink: first thought it was i see you, because of the umbrella, but watched the video and he's only sitting on the piano, not lying on it like in your pic. :blink:

during which song was that pic taken? :blink: first thought it was i see you, because of the umbrella, but watched the video and he's only sitting on the piano, not lying on it like in your pic. :blink:

This scene was in WAG, just saw it.

Originally Posted by vixenbbw

Here's the link to my photos from last night and Manchester on Friday.

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/f...w/Mika%202010/

the same for me! :(

Sorry, can't get it to not need a password without making every one of my personal pics public!!

So here are a few of the best.

DSC05722.jpg

DSC05725.jpg

DSC05742.jpg

DSC05748.jpg

DSC05787.jpg

DSC05800.jpg

Edited by vixenbbw