Mika's new "kick-ass" single

LilStar

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I genuinely don't know what I prefer. I mean, I fell in love with Grace Kelly Mika :blink:

I still love him, of course I do, I just feel differently about him now. I also think meeting him changed my perspective on him too. Not in a bad way at all, I'm glad I have met him and have had the privilege to meet him several times (an opportunity I never had in the first 2 years) but...I don't know. There was a mystery about him when I hadn't met him. Now he's almost too real. It's something I don't quite know how to explain...

I don't regret ever, ever meeting him, but I knew of him when he looked more boyish but I met him when he was looking more like man. I never knew the boy version and I think that's why I kinda miss him, because I never got the chance to know "that" Mika. Not that he's probably changed in personality at all...I don't know. :dunno:

But what I love about the Grace Kelly video is that it's just Mika being himself. In fact, when I first saw that video, I thought that he'd probably be an arse but he was an arse that I found attractive. (There are arses that you just want to punch but then there are some arses that you just wanna succumb to. Again, something I don't know how to explain. An arse that has charisma, I guess.) He just performed and didn't give a damn. The Grace Kelly video is different to all the other videos he's done.

In We Are Golden he was also being himself...but there's such a difference between WAG and GK videos. If someone can explain it better than me, please be my guest, because I'm being rubbish at the moment.

Okay, I think I have it now and forgive if it sounds a bit too sexy. I like Mika best when he's being controlling and demanding. The "I know what I want" Mika. The "I'll say what I like and if it's not good enough it's going out" Mika. That's what I like and that's the impression I got from him the first time I saw his video. We Are Golden was cute and silly and fun. Grace Kelly was hot and serious. Or seriously hot, whatever :blush-anim-cl:

hehehe, hit the nail on the head in the last paragraph.

i would just like the chance to meet him. and the bit where you say about him being in control and demanding :swoon:. but yeah i dunno either. i've always fought everything myself. fought bullies/ teachers/ friends/ parents... when he stepped to the plate in '07 i felt like i belonged. he bought out the best in me? that probably sounds clique. it doesn't mean to be. but i've just been in control of everything so far in life. even if it seems to me like it isn't.

he came and sang his songs, made me feel good about being the outsider in my group of friends, made it ok to be wierd. he created a world in '07 where most people feared but others embraced. now... he opened yet another to that world. the dark part if you like. shown the demons in his closet, those teenage years. it's a dark place, and it has changed him slightly. he has a real sense of darkness.i liked him before, but now... i dunno? i'm completely in love with him. that dark place in his world is where i spent my time.

this all probably sounds like crap, and people reading this will be like 'wtf is she on about?' but it does all fit into place. i think he's like wine. get better the more mature he gets. or am i thinking of something else?!

xx

hehehe, hit the nail on the head in the last paragraph.

i would just like the chance to meet him. and the bit where you say about him being in control and demanding :swoon:. but yeah i dunno either. i've always fought everything myself. fought bullies/ teachers/ friends/ parents... when he stepped to the plate in '07 i felt like i belonged. he bought out the best in me? that probably sounds clique. it doesn't mean to be. but i've just been in control of everything so far in life. even if it seems to me like it isn't.

he came and sang his songs, made me feel good about being the outsider in my group of friends, made it ok to be wierd. he created a world in '07 where most people feared but others embraced. now... he opened yet another to that world. the dark part if you like. shown the demons in his closet, those teenage years. it's a dark place, and it has changed him slightly. he has a real sense of darkness.i liked him before, but now... i dunno? i'm completely in love with him. that dark place in his world is where i spent my time.

this all probably sounds like crap, and people reading this will be like 'wtf is she on about?' but it does all fit into place. i think he's like wine. get better the more mature he gets. or am i thinking of something else?!

xx

Back in 2007 Mika was all "I'm just me", but now it's all "I'm a freak but a beautiful one" and I'm like :huh:

It's making other people go "I waaaant to be a freak tooooo because I want Mika to loooove me :mf_lustslow:" but that's just creating another label and that's something I want to steer away from, and not Mika always said he didn't like labels. It's how I've always felt too.

Like you I've had to fight people off me as well so I relate to Mika quite well. Maybe not the same extent but to some, at least.

I don't really know where I'm going with this, because I love it when Mika geeks off as well (in Australia he's always geeking off in interviews lol) but I love him when he's serious too. I've always admired and adored people who know exactly what they want and they'll do anything they can to achieve it.

Like when people were helping Mika paint planets in Toronto and he was all like "if you don't think you can do it, don't do it" or when he told his mum off for doing it wrong (:aah:) I so wish I was there lol. Not because I just want to be in his company, but because I love how disciplined he is and how he makes others work. I just like his work ethic.

The following is part of the conversation between Nightbird & Mika last night at the M&G after the Hamburg Show.

"We talked a bit about Kick-ass and he said it's amazing that people stay at the venue to dance and party and that they don't leave before the songs ends."

Yahoo!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

And so it begins!

Hahahaaa, you always make me smile Wonka!:roftl:

I know it is blood, but since I started hearing (and telling about it!) God on your knees, there seem to be more and more people who hear it too. I like/love to follow the discussion!:biggrin2:

:huglove:

The following is part of the conversation between Nightbird & Mika last night at the M&G after the Hamburg Show.

"We talked a bit about Kick-ass and he said it's amazing that people stay at the venue to dance and party and that they don't leave before the songs ends."

And so it begins!

Wonder if he'll do it after every gig from now on??? Mika, hint, hint, Lisbon is 20 days away...:mf_lustslow:

Edited by willywonka

OH MY GOD REALLY?!

I knoooow, like he used to be 23 (duh) and it was so close to 20, and now 27...so close to 30...

It's not that bad being that close to 30... :boxed:

I'm actually kind of looking forward to being 30...

Fbeye is a bit distracted, here's another one you missed...

sp7oyq.jpg

:lmfao:

*resists the urge to correct the picture*

Having God on his knees makes no sense! Having super knees doesn't really change the way you run, your would need God in your quads or hamstrings. Not that I am an expert on God or running, but I do have sweet knees.

I just watched again and about 3/4s of the way through you can read his lips, he definitely makes a BL shape with his mough.

It just fits, you were down with skinned knees but you are up running anyway.

Hence your username! :teehee:

Excuse me, only my opinion here, but I think you are exaggerating a bit

I have depression, I just turned 30 and I didn't cry on my birthday! What matters is how old you feel (I know some think that's a lot of crap but is true)

And why everyone will cry when Mika turns 30? he is the type of person who looks be younger than he really is, and he will continue like this, when he turn to 30 he will still will look like 25 or even less, and I think when he uses shorter hair, he looks even more younger.

I'm 30 years old, I seem to be 18 and I feel with 15, and I'm fine with that.

I have no intention of crying when I hit 30... Admittedly it's not till 2013, but anyways!

I reckon 30 will be good fun!

And I just realised... I don't feel like I'm almost 27, I still feel like I'm in my early 20s... :blink:

I genuinely don't know what I prefer. I mean, I fell in love with Grace Kelly Mika.

I still love him, of course I do, I just feel differently about him now. I also think meeting hi changed my perspective on him too. Not in a bad way at all, I'm glad I have met him and have had the privilege to meet him several times (an opportunity I never had in the first 2 years) but...I don't know. There was a mystery about him when I hadn't met him. Now he's almost too real. It's something I don't quite know how to explain...

I don't regret ever, ever meeting him, but I knew of him when he looked more boyish but I met him when he was looking more like man. I never knew the boy version and I think that's why I kinda miss him, because I never got the chance to know "that" Mika. Not that he's probably changed in personality at all...I don't know.

But what I love about the Grace Kelly video is that it's just Mika being himself. In fact, when I first saw that video, I thought that he'd probably be an arse but he was an arse that I found attractive. (There are arses that you just want to punch but then there are some arses that you just wanna succumb to. Again, something I don't know how to explain. An arse that has charisma, I guess.) He just performed and didn't give a damn. The Grace Kelly video is different to all the other videos he's done.

In We Are Golden he was also being himself...but there's such a difference between WAG and GK videos. If someone can explain it better than me, please be my guest, because I'm being rubbish at the moment.

Okay, I think I have it now and forgive if it sounds a bit too sexy. I like Mika best when he's being controlling and demanding. The "I know what I want" Mika. The "I'll say what I like and if it's not good enough it's going out" Mika. That's what I like and that's the impression I got from him the first time I saw his video. We Are Golden was cute and silly and fun. Grace Kelly was hot and serious. Or seriously hot, whatever

Funny you should say you fell in love with Grace Kelly Mika, I fell in love with Q Awards Mika ft. straight hair :das: (my god, I don't think he's ever been that sexy!)

Interesting... he didn't look particularly boyish when I met him in 2007, though in a lot of pics from 2007 he does look a bit boyish...

I love that he's looking more mature and more like a man now :das:...

Back in 2007 Mika was all "I'm just me", but now it's all "I'm a freak but a beautiful one" and I'm like :huh:

It's making other people go "I waaaant to be a freak tooooo because I want Mika to loooove me" but that's just creating another label and that's something I want to steer away from, and not Mika always said he didn't like labels. It's how I've always felt too.

Like you I've had to fight people off me as well so I relate to Mika quite well. Maybe not the same extent but to some, at least.

I don't really know where I'm going with this, because I love it when Mika geeks off as well (in Australia he's always geeking off in interviews lol) but I love him when he's serious too. I've always admired and adored people who know exactly what they want and they'll do anything they can to achieve it.

Like when people were helping Mika paint planets in Toronto and he was all like "if you don't think you can do it, don't do it" or when he told his mum off for doing it wrong. I so wish I was there lol. Not because I just want to be in his company, but because I love how disciplined he is and how he makes others work. I just like his work ethic.

I really don't like how people say the bold bit... It's like they want to be an individual, like all the other individuals! :doh:

Sorry to the people who like to think of themselves as beautiful freaks, but I just don't like it...

And yes, he does love to get his geek on in Oz :das:

Excuse me :aah: only my opinion here, but I think you are exaggerating a bit :blush-anim-cl:

I have depression, I just turned 30 and I didn't cry on my birthday! What matters is how old you feel :wink2: (I know some think that's a lot of crap but is true :biggrin2:)

And why everyone will cry when Mika turns 30? he is the type of person who looks be younger than he really is, and he will continue like this, when he turn to 30 he will still will look like 25 or even less, and I think when he uses shorter hair, he looks even more younger.

I'm 30 years old, I seem to be 18 and I feel with 15, and I'm fine with that. :kachinga:

Is he? I mean...I WILL never EVER forget the first time I saw him on tv, I thought he is a very weird guy who looked kindof old. :teehee: And he does, when he puts his hair off his face. It really does make him look older...not very flattering...but he's still our Moosie! :pinkbow:

I'm Ok with Mika turning 30 (tho I really don't think we should discuss this...he's just 26, remember? :aah: ) ...I'm close to my early 20's too...so it's not that big deal. Someone has a very cool siggie around here (unfortunately can't remember who): "Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional." The thing is that Mika is exposed to a very flawed bussiness, and risks losing that huge inocent part of him on the way, but having his family (and I like to think...us too) with him, will help him a lot to preserve his inner 23 year-old Mika we've all fell in love with. :wink2:

And so it begins!

Thats really cool :wub2:.. thanks for posting it

50 doesn't seem as bad though, because you've already passed the milestone of being 30. I think there's something cooler about being 50...it's like you develop a certain elite-ness.

Elite, because there are much fewer your age around? :naughty:

So whereas some 50 year olds are digging their gardens and worrying about their pensions, I will just continue to grow old disgracefully! :biggrin2:

I LOVE THIS! Describes me to a T.

I'm growing old DISgracefully... Sorry, Mom. :roftl:

I miss 2007 Mika as well, he's definitely losing that boyish look about him and turning into a man lol

Mika, stop cutting your hair uber short. Longer = better and makes you look younger (Not that I think you look like a pensioner or anything...)

And I much prefer Mika in ordinary, day-to-day clothes as well rather than the theatrical ones. He still looks fine, but I think the normal clothes make him look hotter

These pictures, IMO = FTW

mikacar.jpg

HOLY!! He looks super young in that pic!! He looks like my age! His hair is also a lot more brown! It normally looks closer to black than a light brown.

fine 2006 hair

mikalong.jpg

Bad 2006 hair

mikalong2.jpg

:roftl: I now want to see more of these 2006/7 pics! :roftl:

that just doesn't seem to suit him

but he can have it which ever way he likes as look as he doesn't:

shave it

grow it

straighten it

perm it

tie it up...

xx

Oh gosh, can you imagine it being tied up! :shocked:

Funny you should say you fell in love with Grace Kelly Mika, I fell in love with Q Awards Mika ft. straight hair (my god, I don't think he's ever been that sexy!)

Mika... with straight hair?? Pics?

Is he? I mean...I WILL never EVER forget the first time I saw him on tv, I thought he is a very weird guy who looked kindof old. And he does, when he puts his hair off his face.

*snarffles* When I first saw him on the Graham Norton show (BBC America, it was old) I just thought, Oh, another music guest, maybe for once it will be good. XD And then I thought he was mad! :roftl: And I thought the song (Love Today) was ok/good. (It's now my favorite!) and my Mom said he looked cute and I said, "I guess he's ok" (I think I said that...) Man, have things changed! Who knew that 2(? 1 1/2?) years latter (Wow has it been that long since I first saw him?? :shocked: I've only been a fan though for a little over a year now). I would... well be here. :naughty::blush-anim-cl::wub2:

Is he? I mean...I WILL never EVER forget the first time I saw him on tv, I thought he is a very weird guy who looked kindof old. :teehee: And he does, when he puts his hair off his face. It really does make him look older...not very flattering...but he's still our Moosie! :pinkbow:

I'm Ok with Mika turning 30 (tho I really don't think we should discuss this...he's just 26, remember? :aah: ) ...I'm close to my early 20's too...so it's not that big deal. Someone has a very cool siggie around here (unfortunately can't remember who): "Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional." The thing is that Mika is exposed to a very flawed bussiness, and risks losing that huge inocent part of him on the way, but having his family (and I like to think...us too) with him, will help him a lot to preserve his inner 23 year-old Mika we've all fell in love with. :wink2:

It's inevitable that Mika will grow older, but I personally think he gets more handsome all the time. Going from being a boy to a man is okay imo and I happen to think that a lot of the change in his looks is down to his increased self-confidence, rather than him actually looking older.

I actually think Mika will age very well and will still look good at 50. If you look at pictures of his mum (and I've seen at least one of her) she looks young still, so Mika has good genes, and that will help him stay young looking. But Mika will always have that boyish streak and the love of cartoons, comics and anything strange and weird. So he's not going to change into someone we don't recognise.

It's inevitable that Mika will grow older, but I personally think he gets more handsome all the time. Going from being a boy to a man is okay imo and I happen to think that a lot of the change in his looks is down to his increased self-confidence, rather than him actually looking older.

I actually think Mika will age very well and will still look good at 50. If you look at pictures of his mum (and I've seen at least one of her) she looks young still, so Mika has good genes, and that will help him stay young looking. But Mika will always have that boyish streak and the love of cartoons, comics and anything strange and weird. So he's not going to change into someone we don't recognise.

Ohh I just posted similar in another thread!

yes agree:thumb_yello:

The shy shy man i saw early 2007 is still there but not near as much

Ditto!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

You know .. some men get better and better with age ... I think Mika is far better looking now that on the picture next to the car.

I suppose your looking at cute and handsome .. two different factors

Oh, I LOVE how he looks in the pic with the car...:wub2::wub2:

Oh, I LOVE how he looks in the pic with the car...:wub2::wub2:

You do ? I suppose me being my age I dont notice his looks as much when he was young until he has got a little older ....

You being a youngling will see it more

He looks mega fresh , I wounder when that was taken?

You do ? I suppose me being my age I dont notice his looks as much when he was young until he has got a little older ....

You being a youngling will see it more

He looks mega fresh , I wounder when that was taken?

I'm wondering the same thing! He looks more like he's in his teens than he looks like a 2something year old . :wub2: