Mika's personalized exercise books

mellody

Mine-

DSC00060.jpg

Would never have noticed the number if Freddie hadn't said

wow, you got a lot of stickers! :shocked: on mine, there's nothing on the backside, just on the front.

lol, that thing with the feather looks funny, i first thought it might be a dog because of the tongue, but it has human ears. :blink:

and aww, he put a tear under his own eye - hope that doesn't mean he's in fact sad. :sad:

found an interesting article on such doodles: http://drawsketch.about.com/cs/tipsandideas/a/doodle_2.htm - so to analyze mika's most used drawings, here are 2 quotes from this website:

Eyes:

Drawings of eyes are practiced a great deal by artists, and may suggest a frustrated artistic talent. They are sometimes regarded as showing a wish to be desirable. A feeling of being watched might be shown by a staring eyes, or especially an eye through a keyhole - you feel your privacy is being invaded.

Hearts:

You're in lurve... generally, hearts are drawn by people in love, but may also indicate a romantic disposition.

most of his hearts on those books don't look exactly happy though. :sad:

those interpretations are like horoscopes to me though, might have a bit of truth in them, but surely not 100% reliable. maybe all the drawings are just relations to his songs - like the eyes for "blue eyes", for example. :bleh: still found the eye interpetation interesting though, because they're saying that it's often used by artists.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, these days you've got to figure that anyone drawing would know or guess some of the things, especially "hearts suggest a person in love" and use them to confuse people. At first I assumed the feather had been stuck on after the drawing but you can see that it wasn't

What does putting your own initial in your eye drawings mean do you think? Self obsessed? :naughty:

Freddie got LOTS more hearts than me.

Here is mine. When I was at the merch stand and asked for an exercice book, the man explained to me that they had some personlised one and he was waiting to have them, asked me to come back in 10 mins which I did :biggrin2:

I wanted to have a look at them befre but I've been given one so I bought this one.

<a href=1002528.jpg' alt='1002528.jpg'>

aww TTel, yours is fab!! :shocked: he drew an eyepatch, so funny!! :lmfao: also love the forms around the planet, can't recognize if it's supposed to mean anyting? :blink:

and that voodoo doll with the many "ouch"'s, lol! :roftl: also love what he made of that yellow planet thingie, it reminds me of one of those english children's books i used to have when i was a kid... "mr something"... there were different misters, don't remember, but i think there was one who looked a lot like the one that mika drew. :bleh:

I love the personalised exercise books... not sure I'd pay that much for them though...

I agree...25 pounds is not a little amount for an ex. book.......and ok if i have to be honest(sry)...i don't like them............looks like they were done in a hurry :shocked:...maybe it is just my opinion....maybe in reality they actually look nice...

I'm sorry about my huge pic, if someone could explain to me hw to post the pic but smaller, that would be really nice.

i think you have to make it smaller on your pc and upload the smaller version. :dunno:

I agree...25 pounds is not a little amount for an ex. book.......and ok if i have to be honest(sry)...i don't like them............looks like they were done in a hurry :shocked:...maybe it is just my opinion....maybe in reality they actually look nice...

i think they do look nice, and not like they're done in a hurry - like, on mine, the way he has filled the raindrops, the eyes and other things with a ball-pen (or actually with 2 different ones, a blue and a black one)... or on other books, the way he emphasized the writing by going over it with the ball-pen several times. he did make an effort to do this, he could've made it much easier for himself if he had wanted to. but the way i see it, it's not just a normal autograph and not just some scribbles on an exercise book, but a personalized artwork by mika himself - like an original drawing for his album or something like that. he's not just a musician but also a painter, because he does his own artwork for his albums, and this is like a personal painting from him - if you see it like that, 25 pounds don't seem that much. :bleh:

Love how he drew a marshmallow being toasted above the sun :naughty:

marshmallow? :blink: sun? :blink: do you mean the eyepatch?! :lmfao:

love the different ways his drawings can be interpreted. :roftl:

Maybe I shouldn't say this but I'm biased on the 'personalised' notebooks. I like the idea of the notebook itself. It's very conceptual and 'holistic' when it comes to Mika's explanation where his whole artistic inspiration is based on. When it comes to the 'personalised' version I must say I'm not even tempted to buy one. Maybe three years ago I would have been thrilled by the idea. Now I'm not because Mika spoiled me rotten, if I may put it that way. 'Personalised' has become a new meaning for me when it comes to all things Mika. So I asked him to sign my bag after a gig last summer, which he kindly did. It's an item which I used a lot before because I really like it. And I use it in the same way and frequency now. I like the idea to have his stamp on something I lay my hands on often. It wouldn't occur to me to hang it up somewhere nobody can touch it for looking at it only. It makes me smile each time I pull something out of my bag because it makes me remember. I used to say I don't care for Mika's signature on random stuff and I don't get why people want it. I do know now.

marshmallow? :blink: sun? :blink: do you mean the eyepatch?! :lmfao:

love the different ways his drawings can be interpreted. :roftl:

Well considering he drew flames around the sun, I assumed he drew a marshmallow above it. It's a marshmallow. :shun:

Maybe I shouldn't say this but I'm biased on the 'personalised' notebooks. I like the idea of the notebook itself. It's very conceptual and 'holistic' when it comes to Mika's explanation where his whole artistic inspiration is based on. When it comes to the 'personalised' version I must say I'm not even tempted to buy one. Maybe three years ago I would have been thrilled by the idea. Now I'm not because Mika spoiled me rotten, if I may put it that way. 'Personalised' has become a new meaning for me when it comes to all things Mika. So I asked him to sign my bag after a gig last summer, which he kindly did. It's an item which I used a lot before because I really like it. And I use it in the same way and frequency now. I like the idea to have his stamp on something I lay my hands on often. It wouldn't occur to me to hang it up somewhere nobody can touch it for looking at it only. It makes me smile each time I pull something out of my bag because it makes me remember. I used to say I don't care for Mika's signature on random stuff and I don't get why people want it. I do know now.

in a way, i know what you mean, though differently. for me, the most "personalized" thing was the autograph i got in berlin last year, the one in my signature. it can't get any more personal than this special drawing that (as far as i know) only i got, and no one else, ever. :fangurl: the notebook he didn't make for me, but for some random fan who would buy it. so it's not that "personal". i still am happy with it, for the reason i just wrote above - i see it not as an autograph, but as an artwork. and i am planning to make it more personal, by a) using it as a tour scrapbook, put all the memories in it, let my friends sign at the gigs, etc. and b) by asking M to add a personal autograph with my name on it. :wub2:

then, you're right, it'll just lie around here, or i'll frame it and hang it on my wall - but it'll always be a fab memory of this tour for me, because i won't leave it empty but make something special out of it. :wub2:

i never tried the "ask him to sign some everyday item" though, maybe i should, because so far i don't understand the fascination with this either. :bleh:

Well considering he drew flames around the sun, I assumed he drew a marshmallow above it. It's a marshmallow. :shun:

that's not the sun though, but saturn. :naughty: and if you look closely, you can see an eye under the eyepatch. :fisch:

but we can find a compromise and say it's an eyepatch that is made out of a marshmallow, which is roasted over the burning saturn. :biggrin2::roftl:

in a way, i know what you mean, though differently. for me, the most "personalized" thing was the autograph i got in berlin last year, the one in my signature. it can't get any more personal than this special drawing that (as far as i know) only i got, and no one else, ever. :fangurl: the notebook he didn't make for me, but for some random fan who would buy it. so it's not that "personal". i still am happy with it, for the reason i just wrote above - i see it not as an autograph, but as an artwork. and i am planning to make it more personal, by a) using it as a tour scrapbook, put all the memories in it, let my friends sign at the gigs, etc. and b) by asking M to add a personal autograph with my name on it. :wub2:

then, you're right, it'll just lie around here, or i'll frame it and hang it on my wall - but it'll always be a fab memory of this tour for me, because i won't leave it empty but make something special out of it. :wub2:

i never tried the "ask him to sign some everyday item" though, maybe i should, because so far i don't understand the fascination with this either. :bleh:

Yeah, I know what you mean. The one and only signature from Mika I have is very special to me :wub2:

I figure nothing can beat it so I don't bother asking :naughty:

However, I do agree that the exercise books have little works of art on them, so I really want one.

that's not the sun though, but saturn. :naughty: and if you look closely, you can see an eye under the eyepatch. :fisch:

but we can find a compromise and say it's an eyepatch that is made out of a marshmallow, which is roasted over the burning saturn. :biggrin2::roftl:

Well, I'm sure Saturn is hot enough to roast a marshmallow.

Okay, okay. It's an eye-patch-shaped marshmallow. :glasses2:

I saw the drawing in your siggie au naturel right before my eyes and I can't but agree: It's sooo special and I love how it reflects your and only your costume for the last tour.

About the notebook and your plans about it, I think it might become sort of if not everyday, then someday object and I really like that approach. You know, it's so Mika with all the 'taking things to a new level', altering and developping them :biggrin2:

I can only recommend it. Mine makes me smile in unexpected situations. Like: grumpy ticket inspector asking for your ticket --> open bag *smile for no obvious reason* - find ticket, show ticket, feel good.

Or: Buying that ridiculously overpriced but gorgeous pair of shoes -->open bag *smile for no obvious reason* -pull out purse, pay for shoes without being in major pain.

:roftl:

Thanks, Mika! :thumb_yello:

oh. :sad: shame that he finds it annoying... the way he tweeted about it, it sounded like he'd enjoy doing all those little drawings. but i'm thinking, either he needs the money, then he'll go on doing it, because 25 pounds for a few drawings is relatively easily earned money. :fisch: or he enjoys it (and maybe just sounded annoyed because it generally wasn't really his day on sunday :teehee:), then he might keep on doing it because of that. :dunno:

didn't see a number on mine anywhere. :dunno:

hehe, i love the "i hate mrs. brown"... that would be billy brown's wife then?! :naughty:

like the "i love mr. jones" on mine - already wrote that on the reports thread, that i asked him after the show "who is mr. jones?", and his reaction made me even more curious about it. :lmfao:

maybe "dr john" was originally "dr jones", and he just changed the name for the song?

or he just felt inspired by that bone sticker and it's an allusion to indiana jones? :naughty:

btw, what kind of pen is that for the "math prep", is it a golden one?

What was his reaction?

Not sure if I would buy one at $35 but they seem cool! I agree, they are a bit rushed and I don't think they are worth that much but it depends... I would love that eyepach one posted. XD

My exercise book to me, is special as it kind of was the only chance to get something like this. I was fascinated by them and as mellody said, they're a piece of his artwork.

But also I knew that (as sad sas this may be) anytime soon I won't be able to meet him and ask for his autograph on something like others have. But I feel very lucky to have seen the gigs, and this notebook was like a one chance to get something that has been "personalized" by Mika. Even if it does sit around, it'll give me my memories of going to the gig etc.

I reallyyy do like mellody's idea of putting pictures of the tour in though. That is pretty sweet ! xD

Archived