Mika's personalized exercise books

mellody

thought i'd start a thread for those personalized exercise books you can buy on the tour as merch (they were 25 pounds in london), as each seems to be different, and i'd love to see more pix, of what all the other copies look like. :wub2:

if someone had told me about it but i hadn't seen it, i'd have thought that 25 pounds is too expensive, but when i saw them in london, i just HAD to buy one, it's like a personal painting from mika, for 25 pounds, that's really not much. :fangurl: i'll make that book my personal tour scrapbook for this tour, let people sign in it etc. - that's gonna be fab! :wub2:

i took a pic of the copy they had hanging at the merch stand (the first pic), and a pic of the one i bought, here they are:

book2.jpg

book.jpg

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how I will be able to explain my mother that those notebooks of 8pounds aren't the ones I like :roftl:

don't know if I'll be able to explain her at all that I might be intrested in the merch :boxed:

I probably shouldn't mention the m&g-possibility either. :sneaky2:

ok, now I feel stupid.. when i saw the sign I read signed exercise book , so i got a normal, plain one, for my daughter and got it signed by mika for her. :blink:

if I knew they were personalised, I'd have got such one too... :boxed:

Ohhh the drawings are lovely :wub2:

mine

DSC01802.jpg

cool, i love the headdress+earrings for the voodoo mask! :biggrin2:

on mine, that moon in the lower right looks a bit like a fluffy cat - anyway, that's what i see in it, hehe, exactly the right thing for me! :naughty:

actually when i decided to buy a book, i thought i'd get the one that was lying on top of the pile, it had 2 hearts on it, which were next to each other, like they were cuddling - someone else bought it before me though, and they didn't have another one with 2 hearts, so i took this one instead. am happy with it now, though i'd have loved those cuddling hearts as well. :teehee:

i missed it in london, on the 28th they were sold out before i reached the merch desk... :tears:

aww :huglove: i'm sure you'll get your chance at one of the other gigs. on march 1st they still had several left when i bought it, and that was when already most people had left the venue. maybe it just was such a limited amount because it was the last day of february, and they didn't want to make too many with "february" on them. :dunno:

mika customizes them before any gig, and he never does many :no:

and he may be well fed up with it before milan!:sneaky2:

i asked in london, ,and he said it's such a long work (in an annoyed way)

so i don't put my hopes up....

I saw them and wanted one...Although I did dither for a minute until I thought go for it. Didn't regret it coz I love mine !! :biggrin2:

actually when i decided to buy a book, i thought i'd get the one that was lying on top of the pile, it had 2 hearts on it, which were next to each other, like they were cuddling - someone else bought it before me though, and they didn't have another one with 2 hearts, so i took this one instead. am happy with it now, though i'd have loved those cuddling hearts as well. :teehee:

Oooh, that may have been me. Lolz. Here's mine:

DSC00792.jpg

Can I ask if yours are numbered or anything, coz in the merch thread someone's was...

mika customizes them before any gig, and he never does many :no:

and he may be well fed up with it before milan!:sneaky2:

i asked in london, ,and he said it's such a long work (in an annoyed way)

so i don't put my hopes up....

oh. :sad: shame that he finds it annoying... the way he tweeted about it, it sounded like he'd enjoy doing all those little drawings. but i'm thinking, either he needs the money, then he'll go on doing it, because 25 pounds for a few drawings is relatively easily earned money. :fisch: or he enjoys it (and maybe just sounded annoyed because it generally wasn't really his day on sunday :teehee:), then he might keep on doing it because of that. :dunno:

I saw them and wanted one...Although I did dither for a minute until I thought go for it. Didn't regret it coz I love mine !! :biggrin2:

Oooh, that may have been me. Lolz. Here's mine:

DSC00792.jpg

Can I ask if yours are numbered or anything, coz in the merch thread someone's was...

didn't see a number on mine anywhere. :dunno:

hehe, i love the "i hate mrs. brown"... that would be billy brown's wife then?! :naughty:

like the "i love mr. jones" on mine - already wrote that on the reports thread, that i asked him after the show "who is mr. jones?", and his reaction made me even more curious about it. :lmfao:

maybe "dr john" was originally "dr jones", and he just changed the name for the song?

or he just felt inspired by that bone sticker and it's an allusion to indiana jones? :naughty:

btw, what kind of pen is that for the "math prep", is it a golden one?

oh. :sad: shame that he finds it annoying... the way he tweeted about it, it sounded like he'd enjoy doing all those little drawings. but i'm thinking, either he needs the money, then he'll go on doing it, because 25 pounds for a few drawings is relatively easily earned money. :fisch: or he enjoys it (and maybe just sounded annoyed because it generally wasn't really his day on sunday :teehee:), then he might keep on doing it because of that. :dunno:

didn't see a number on mine anywhere. :dunno:

hehe, i love the "i hate mrs. brown"... that would be billy brown's wife then?! :naughty:

like the "i love mr. jones" on mine - already wrote that on the reports thread, that i asked him after the show "who is mr. jones?", and his reaction made me even more curious about it. :lmfao:

maybe "dr john" was originally "dr jones", and he just changed the name for the song?

or he just felt inspired by that bone sticker and it's an allusion to indiana jones? :naughty:

btw, what kind of pen is that for the "math prep", is it a golden one?

I thought he was enjoying it...And yeah I understand aswell if he needs the money, I mean I thought it was a tad expensive but worth it. xD

And that's alright then. I thought I saw a number on someone's in the merch thread.

Hehe. Same. I was like oooh. Maybe he's giving his fans clues, and if we piece all the exercise book clues together, there'll be like some big secret. Am I conspiring too much? :wink2: Ooh that's a good theory. Dr Jones was also a song by Aqua aswell. :roftl: Although I don't think it'd have anything to do with that. It looks like gold-ish but it's just a blue biro. You know when you go over it several times and in the light it goes bronzey...That's the best way I can describe it.

cool, i love the headdress+earrings for the voodoo mask! :biggrin2:

on mine, that moon in the lower right looks a bit like a fluffy cat - anyway, that's what i see in it, hehe, exactly the right thing for me! :naughty:

I'm glad it's not just me...Mika sure has lots of time in his hands, too...:mf_rosetinted:

They're lovely, both yours and Freddie's..:mf_lustslow:

Cool idea for a thread, melody, that's why he's a sucker for you...

Archived