Mika takes off- the rise of the Prince of Pop

Sephira

Thanks for posting -- this is one of my favorite articles on Mika, ever. In-depth

enough, really well-written and researched, and totally sympathetic to him. :wub2::wub2::wub2:

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
very interesting article, fab to read, thanx! :thumb_yello:

i love this quote that the journalist says about mika:

"He's an enigma wrapped in a puzzle"

so true, and that's one of those things that are so fascinating about him. :wub2:

and he's not picky? hellooo mika :das:, you have a great choice of all different kinds of people here on mfc, just start dating us one by one! :lmfao:

We'll all adopt the baby :mf_rosetinted:

love this aritcle! the writer just gets him- and the descriptions sound very much like Mika, I can actually see him saying those things...

thanks a bunch for posting! :flowers2:

and he's not picky? hellooo mika :das:, you have a great choice of all different kinds of people here on mfc, just start dating us one by one! :lmfao:

You know what I think he keeps avoid saying, but might very well be true in his head? that the date shouldn't be his fan. :aah::roftl:

I love this man. And I am in awe of this woman who could sum up what has taken us 3 years to fully discover, in what sounds like one interview with him.

Brilliant article. Thanks for posting Sephira.

Thanks for posting -- this is one of my favorite articles on Mika, ever. In-depth

enough, really well-written and researched, and totally sympathetic to him. :wub2::wub2::wub2:

I completely agree!! So lovely!!!

:fangurl:

Thanks for posting!!!

Oi, you're married!

Tsk, as if that's an issue :shun: In many cultures, poligamy is totally accepted. Maybe we can be part of one of those :mf_rosetinted:.

Or, we could establish the "3 way marriage", now that sounds like a funny idea doesn't it?

*agrees*

:thumb_yello:

Yep, my fav quote too. I truly believe it. And he has said so a few times, no? That his mother said that he'd either be famous or in jail, or something along those lines. Same concept, IMO.

Could someone please explain what these words mean?

Article from the evening standard http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/lifestyle/article-23814306-mika-takes-off.do

Mika takes off - the rise of the Prince of Pop

Hermione Eyre, ES Magazine

his ungainly cosmopolitan voice half-estuarine

brimming with theories about golems, kabuki

arpeggios,

topped off with a trilby,

Somewhat portentously

the wicker sofa

In fact, a Melkite. The Masses are in Aramaic.

Thanks a lot!!:blush-anim-cl:

-----

he's working on a song inspired by a French short story, about a girl who falls in love with all the members of a rowing team in France in the 1920s, starts sleeping with them all and then becomes pregnant and doesn't know who the father is, so they all decide to adopt the child'. screwed up without it.

Sounds like the movie Three Men and a baby, which was originally a french movie...

Alice in Wonderland? Again someone mistakes LG for Alice:teehee:

Mika's new single Kick-Ass' is out on 3 May

Hope he will play it in Amsterdam at the 7th!

Mika-jump-415.jpg

I love this man. And I am in awe of this woman who could sum up what has taken us 3 years to fully discover, in what sounds like one interview with him.

Brilliant article. Thanks for posting Sephira.

perhaps this lovely lady has been coming here secretly for 3 years, who knows?:wub2:

thanks for posting! really in luv with this interview!!

so, this "ES Magazine" is out already???

That's a really good interview. Well written and interesting reading. It kept me wanting to read more. Usually I lose interest.

Jeez, I thought I was the only one to collect smells! I have a small bottle of Tosca perfume that is nearly 40 years old in my bedroom drawer!

Great interview! And lovely piccies :wub2: thx for posting :flowers2:

Perhaps one day he should write The Little Book of Mika.

yes, yes, yes :naughty:

In an attempt to make things look nice, my mother painted everything white; the TV that I had spray-painted, the table, everything.'

:roftl:

He is single and claims to be going through something of a drought.

Single? sure about that? :naughty: changes all the time...

going through a drought? aawwwww :huglove:

Mika's new single Kick-Ass' is out on 3 May

:yay:

Absolutely one of the most brilliant interview I've read about Mika!

He's not treated like a weirdo or labelled somehow...instead he's presented like a deep person with his ideas and feelings...which is absolutely worthy!

I LOVE THAT!

T4p!!!!

T4P Sephira!:thumb_yello:

I love reading all & any articles about Mika.

But it is especially gratifying & interesting when the person interviewing "gets Mika."

They don't have to like him.

But as long as they approach the interview with an open mind, listen & really study him enough to understand a piece of the enigma.

Bravo Hermione Eyre!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Archived