Kick Ass! Preorder Yours Now!

mari62

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So it will come in quite high and then just fall out of the charts, because people will be over it by then? :blink:

Why would they be over it when it hasn't even started to get on rotation on radio yet? We are the only people paying attention to this song at the moment and waiting for it to be released. :naughty:

I noticed on play.com that you have to purchase the entire album for download so I don't think you'll be able to buy the Kick Ass track until May.

EDIT: I first heard Grace Kelly on radio in November 2006 and it wasn't released until January 2007. It didn't exactly hurt its chances for success.

Why would they be over it when it hasn't even started to get on rotation on radio yet? We are the only people paying attention to this song at the moment and waiting for it to be released. :naughty:

I noticed on play.com that you have to purchase the entire album for download so I don't think you'll be able to buy the Kick Ass track until May.

EDIT: I first heard Grace Kelly on radio in November 2006 and it wasn't released until January 2007. It didn't exactly hurt its chances for success.

Aah the whole album - unusual these days for an album to be offered in its entirety :naughty:

In that case the single might do OK

may 3? :blink: i thought it was march 29? :blink: have they changed it, or did i miss something?

I think the whole soundtrack comes out on March 29th, but Kick Ass on its own comes out on the 3rd May...

Yes it is a bit confusing, but that is it. 29th March for the album, 3rd of May for the single.

Oooh, if WH Smiths get it in, I can get it, with my gift card!

Result!!!:thumb_yello:

Just saw an email I got from mikasounds, thanks for posting:thumb_yello: Is there going to be a physical release too? Please God, don't make it be like it was with BIOTG :crybaby:

omg, for real. Management need to sort it out big time. the single should be released this week IMO...it's the Easter Holidays for us Brits and the film comes out on Wednesday (I think we had special previews over the weekend...my cinema isn't showing Kick Ass today OR tomorrow...:blink:)

Therefore, kids off school = busy time at cinema. That means that Kick Ass is probably gonna get a bit more popular. Mika's single will promote the film AND Mika himself.

Why release the single when the hype will die down?

It used to be "self-titled" but the last few years it is written eponymous even though I have never heard anyone use that term in conversation. I mean NEVER. And I used to work in the marketing department of a record company. :naughty:

Sounds like it's only a download. :dunno: Maybe if pre-order demand is high enough they will consider releasing a CD.

:naughty: awesome pic~~:thumb_yello:

why~ i want cd~~

Does the addition ost?!

omg, for real. Management need to sort it out big time. the single should be released this week IMO...it's the Easter Holidays for us Brits and the film comes out on Wednesday (I think we had special previews over the weekend...my cinema isn't showing Kick Ass today OR tomorrow...:blink:)

Therefore, kids off school = busy time at cinema. That means that Kick Ass is probably gonna get a bit more popular. Mika's single will promote the film AND Mika himself.

Why release the single when the hype will die down?

I get your point, but, the song hasn't had much airplay yet. I don't think it will matter if the song comes out a bit later than the movie. The song is good enough to stand by itself, and so is the video. It just needs to be out there for people to hear, and the vid needs to be on the music channels.

I think, let it get some airplay for a while, then people will want to buy it, even if they don't want to be bothered with the movie itself.

I get your point, but, the song hasn't had much airplay yet. I don't think it will matter if the song comes out a bit later than the movie. The song is good enough to stand by itself, and so is the video. It just needs to be out there for people to hear, and the vid needs to be on the music channels.

I think, let it get some airplay for a while, then people will want to buy it, even if they don't want to be bothered with the movie itself.

LOLZ I forgot about airplay :aah:

May 3rd does seem an awfully long way away.

I want it NOW.

AND I want it on a proper CD.

AND I don't want the buzz surrounding the movie to have died down by the time it's released.

AND I don't want people to have downloaded the album in which case they won't re-download it as a single.

I JUST REALLY WANT IT TO BE A HUGE HIT!

May 3rd does seem an awfully long way away.

I want it NOW.

AND I want it on a proper CD.

AND I don't want the buzz surrounding the movie to have died down by the time it's released.

AND I don't want people to have downloaded the album in which case they won't re-download it as a single.

I JUST REALLY WANT IT TO BE A HUGE HIT!

+1 :thumb_yello:

(I've always wanted to post that :roftl:)

Archived