REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS: Mika @ Gasometer, Vienna, Austria - March 29 2010

Droopsy

thanks for the report! so he didnt' answer your question after all your effort? :naughty:

That's what I was wondering, too! Thanks for the report, Sabine! :thumb_yello:

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now I want to write a short report because I have not much time. First of all I want to say that I really really enjoyed to queue with all the people who were there. Faball, Vonnic, Tiibet, Suzie, Bianca and her mother, Jazzy,Allegra, Eva and all the other you are fantastic people!!!!! I hope to meet you again very soon.

Vonnic and I stayed at Faballa´s place and so we started queueing together in the morning. The weather was nice and not too cold and we met Tiibet and Bianca at the Gasometer. We talked a lot and time went by so fast. The only thing what wasn´t very relaxing was the end of the queue when the security guys seemed to ignore John´s wishes with the separate door for the numbered queue. First one guy told us they wouldn´t open the door where we stood. Then we watched the securitiy preparing themselfes to open the door for the unnumbered queue. I must say I felt a bit panic...... and I adore how quiet Tiibet was. Suddenly John appeared inside the venue and the security had to change their plans ( I´m pretty sure they really wanted to ignore John´s order when he weren´t there). So John stood beside the door til the last one of us got in.

Faballa, Vonnic and I got good spots front row on the left side in front of the piano like in Munich again and we were very happy. The day before we decided to do a little joke and ask Mika about the name of his puppet and I wrote a poster with the question which we wanted to show him before Toy Boy. So this spot was absolutely perfect for our plan.

The support act didn´t impress us much and so we waited patiently for Mika. And what shall I say Mika was simply wonderful fantastic explosiv....... All the people before me told you everything about it.

So before he could start with Toyboy we showed him our poster and sshouted the question. He looked at us read the poster, he came to the front of the stage and wanted to have the poster and a securityguy gave it to him. Mika went back to the piano asked us whether we really want to know the puppet´s name, showed the audience the poster and told us " you are very very strange people ". Then he said the text he say most of the time and started the song. I think you can see it in a few vids.

This gig was the total blast for me!!!

Sorry, I have not longer time to write because I have to work again.

You can find my vids on youtube Sabililo

Great report, Bine. I'm very happy to hear that you had such a fantastic experience!

The tv shows.

What, in general? All of them? I've been going to these shows for years, even without Mika being in the picture, and I even offered you tickets in the past to go to them. Are you really seriously saying that you are suspicious as to how I got them?

I honestly can't believe this. If it wasn't so super ridiculous, I'd be very offended, but this is now like some bizarre tv parody, like Faulty Towers or something along those lines :roftl:.

Ok, if you really must know, I will tell you then. I'm having a hot, steamy affair with the guy who distributes them, so he always saves me a few :thumb_yello:. There you go. Mistery resolved. Now can we all go back to the lovey dovey stuff and the one big happy family concept?

Ah no, wait, I forget :doh: that won't work because there will always be some petty person who needs to have the upper hand, and if things don't work out for them the way they expect, they will lash out and attack others who they consider more fortunate. Silly me. Of course the idea that maybe people are just more disciplined in their approach, or have better strategies to get things is just too much to accept and it's far easier to go with the conspiracy theory.

You call it being human; I call it being ridiculous and petty. As Christine said, it's a pity that things have come to this, but it's the reality. If people are going to react like this and accuse us of crap that we haven't done, then they deserve whatever they get back.

Thanks for your report, Sabine! I've just decided that the puppet's name is Phillip. :freak:

Wow, how nice to see that this thread is back on topic. :sneaky2:

huh no!!!!! that's my son's name... spelt exactly like that!!! :sneaky2:

he's no plastic/papier mache/wood puppet!!! :aah:

igor perhaps? :teehee:

Great report, Bine. I'm very happy to hear that you had such a fantastic experience!

What, in general? All of them? I've been going to these shows for years, even without Mika being in the picture, and I even offered you tickets in the past to go to them. Are you really seriously saying that you are suspicious as to how I got them?

I honestly can't believe this. If it wasn't so super ridiculous, I'd be very offended, but this is now like some bizarre tv parody, like Faulty Towers or something along those lines :roftl:.

Ok, if you really must know, I will tell you then. I'm having a hot, steamy affair with the guy who distributes them, so he always saves me a few :thumb_yello:. There you go. Mistery resolved. Now can we all go back to the lovey dovey stuff and the one big happy family concept?

Ah no, wait, I forget :doh: that won't work because there will always be some petty person who needs to have the upper hand, and if things don't work out for them the way they expect, they will lash out and attack others who they consider more fortunate. Silly me. Of course the idea that maybe people are just more disciplined in their approach, or have better strategies to get things is just too much to accept and it's far easier to go with the conspiracy theory.

You call it being human; I call it being ridiculous and petty. As Christine said, it's a pity that things have come to this, but it's the reality. If people are going to react like this and accuse us of crap that we haven't done, then they deserve whatever they get back.

Yes, you have, and that was very kind of you.

What I'm saying is, that for some I have applied for, that are Mika related, when it's been announced he's on, I've been told they have been booked out way in advance. I just found it strange that you guys managed to get hold of tickets for the same shows, having the same amount of notice than the rest of us, when they are apparently, unavailable!

I don't think you can say that's being ridiculous and petty, I'm sure a lot of other people find it odd too.

I think everyone should get a fair crack of the whip, there are lots of people who would like to go to these shows, but don't seem to be able to. It's nice when the ticket fairy can help out, but understandably that can't always happen.

I would love it if all of us in the UK could get to these tv shows, but sadly that can't happen, for whatever reason. But it would be nice if a lot more who could manage to get to them, so Mika could see a lot more fans in the audience.

I vote for Igor :lmfao: He's TOTALLY an Igor. Totally :thumb_yello:.

Oh yeah. Igor Kannivor :naughty:

Oh, I totally forgot that I changed its name to Jacques!

There you have it: Jacques the puppet. :biggrin2:

Igor? Yeah...no thanks. :teehee:

Yes, you have, and that was very kind of you.

What I'm saying is, that for some I have applied for, that are Mika related, when it's been announced he's on, I've been told they have been booked out way in advance. I just found it strange that you guys managed to get hold of tickets for the same shows, having the same amount of notice than the rest of us, when they are apparently, unavailable!

I don't think you can say that's being ridiculous and petty, I'm sure a lot of other people find it odd too.

I think everyone should get a fair crack of the whip, there are lots of people who would like to go to these shows, but don't seem to be able to. It's nice when the ticket fairy can help out, but understandably that can't always happen.

I would love it if all of us in the UK could get to these tv shows, but sadly that can't happen, for whatever reason. But it would be nice if a lot more who could manage to get to them, so Mika could see a lot more fans in the audience.

Rose, I find it ridiculous and petty because we have always had the same amount of notice as everyone else, but quite simply, have just worked at it, which is why I take offence to all these implications about there being something dodgy. And yet, no matter how many times we explain this, you guys keep bringing this up. I give up.

Everyone has a fair chance, and the same chance. It's just down to individual motivation and resource. End of.

But it would be nice if a lot more who could manage to get to them, so Mika could see a lot more fans in the audience.

I wonder if Mika gets sick/creeped out by seeing the same people in the audience all the time (myself included) :naughty:.

Oh yes I'd go with Igor. Reminds me of Young Frankenstein.

Marty_Feldman.jpg

How could anyone have possibly made that puppet thinking it looked like Mika? :roftl:

UNCANNY!!

:lmfao

Jacques Igoreaux :lol3:

Now that's a nice, classy name for Ugly Puppet :thumb_yello:

Isn't Igor the name of that fat, purple donkey in Winnie the Pooh? :roftl:

Don't you DARE insult mybeloved EEYORE, you...you...YOU :lmfao:

pffff someone is NOT a winnie the pooh fan i see :sneaky2:

igor the donkey :lmfao:

Pooh pissed me off. He never wore pants, or shirts that fit. :sneaky2:

Funnily enough, the donkey was my favourite. :teehee:

Wow, how nice to see that this thread is back on topic. :sneaky2:

Pooh pissed me off. He never wore pants, or shirts that fit. :sneaky2:

Funnily enough, the donkey was my favourite. :teehee:

:teehee:

I'm just messing. I'm going to sleep now, because I should probably see SOME daylight tomorrow/today, despite being a student.

:teehee:

I'm just messing. I'm going to sleep now, because I should probably see SOME daylight tomorrow/today, despite being a student.

I know. Guilty. :teehee:

Off-topicality seems inevitable at this point.

Okay not to stir the thread, but since my name was dragged across pages and pages, I figure it's not asking too much to be allowed to throw my two cents in. :freak:

The issue at hand is people passing negative judgement on real life events in Mikaland, from the comfort of their homes and computers, when they only have secondhand information to go on. And it seems like this is happening more and more frequently as of late.

Like the situation with Greta's ticket in Stockholm. Someone came on MFC asking for my contact information because I had Greta's ticket, and soon people - I believe it began with Laurel - were saying, oh, poor Greta, it's so sad that she has to buy another ticket, that's just not right, etc. Essentially painting a picture of Evil Mana screwing someone over.

When in reality, Greta had never asked for my phone number, never contacted me to make plans as to where and when she'd get the ticket and how she'd pay me. I asked around to see if she was there when I arrived at the venue and no one had heard from her - I didn't even know for sure if she was indeed coming to Stockholm. I knew that the show was far from sold out, and since we'd never exchanged any money I was of the opinion that she could buy a ticket from the box office if she happened to turn up just as easily as she could buy one from me - heck, maybe even easier since a box office can accept other methods of payment than just cash. That's why I wasn't concerned when I went inside at 5pm to be a BG - at the end of the day it was putting ME out more, having a spare ticket go to waste. :dunno:

The problem is, people on MFC just read some thirdhand information that had been conveyed by text message - and such spotty information painted the picture that I had taken Greta's money and left her stranded outside the venue, unable to get in. When the real circumstances were far from that.

And I see the same sort of thing is playing out again. Someone mentioned Suzie making suggestions about the gig, and someone else - I believe it was Laurel? - assumes that Suzie is overstepping her place, dictating what is and isn't appropriate audience behaviour. When, interestingly, it doesn't appear that anyone who was AT the gig was offended by what Suzie had to say. And so again we have this situation where people are sitting at home and reading about these gig goings-on and passing judgement when they weren't there and can't possibly have all the information. It's not even about native speakers vs. non native speakers. Even when you have people relaying events in their native language, things can get lost along the way.

Moral of the story? Of course we're going to share gig experiences, that's one of the best things about MFC. I love that community aspect, and that we can all live these gigs through each other. But if you think something dodgy or wrong is going on, it's best to take a moment to realize that unless you were there, you only have part of the story. This applies to gig goings-on and to the other issue that has cropped up here - tickets to TV events and such. Unless you were there, you just don't know, so keep that in mind when passing judgement.

And in other news - yes, I think Igor is a great puppet name. Good name for a monster, and let's be honest, it looks a bit monstrous. :teehee:

I love him though. He's just misunderstood. :wub2:

Edited by lollipop_monkey

Now I want to write a short report because I have not much time. First of all I want to say that I really really enjoyed to queue with all the people who were there. Faball, Vonnic, Tiibet, Suzie, Bianca and her mother, Jazzy,Allegra, Eva and all the other you are fantastic people!!!!! I hope to meet you again very soon.

Vonnic and I stayed at Faballa´s place and so we started queueing together in the morning. The weather was nice and not too cold and we met Tiibet and Bianca at the Gasometer. We talked a lot and time went by so fast. The only thing what wasn´t very relaxing was the end of the queue when the security guys seemed to ignore John´s wishes with the separate door for the numbered queue. First one guy told us they wouldn´t open the door where we stood. Then we watched the securitiy preparing themselfes to open the door for the unnumbered queue. I must say I felt a bit panic...... and I adore how quiet Tiibet was. Suddenly John appeared inside the venue and the security had to change their plans ( I´m pretty sure they really wanted to ignore John´s order when he weren´t there). So John stood beside the door til the last one of us got in.

Faballa, Vonnic and I got good spots front row on the left side in front of the piano like in Munich again and we were very happy. The day before we decided to do a little joke and ask Mika about the name of his puppet and I wrote a poster with the question which we wanted to show him before Toy Boy. So this spot was absolutely perfect for our plan.

The support act didn´t impress us much and so we waited patiently for Mika. And what shall I say Mika was simply wonderful fantastic explosiv....... All the people before me told you everything about it.

So before he could start with Toyboy we showed him our poster and sshouted the question. He looked at us read the poster, he came to the front of the stage and wanted to have the poster and a securityguy gave it to him. Mika went back to the piano asked us whether we really want to know the puppet´s name, showed the audience the poster and told us " you are very very strange people ". Then he said the text he say most of the time and started the song. I think you can see it in a few vids.

This gig was the total blast for me!!!

Sorry, I have not longer time to write because I have to work again.

You can find my vids on youtube Sabililo

Thank you Sabine for you lovely report!!! I had so looked forward to meeting you and other girls before the gig, and I really enjoyed our chatting during the queueing :wub2:

It's often a bit nervous moment before they open the doors, isn't it? The venue security have to change their normal routines, and to do so they actually need someone to supervise them. I knew John would be there so I wasn't panicking this time. And we knew the name for the security guy who had instructions, so it was easy tell the others "We have agreed about this, Max knows about it" :teehee:

John has helped MFC so many times now :wub2: I just don't want to take his help for granted, because he must have other and so much more important things to do and helping us is really very extra work to him. Lol, I love it when there is only a couple of minutes before they open the doors and suddenly we can see John and the whole queue says "awwwwww, John...." :roftl:

Has this been posted already? I searched but didn't see it:

I see lots of familiar faces in the front there :wub2:

:teehee: there was a film group during three first songs. I was hoping they would show a whole song or even two or three but they made a clip.

Well, I added non-native speaker because the sentence must have sounded like I instucted her which I most definitely did not do. And I know that she did not mean that when she wrote that sentence in one of her posts. You do not need to take it into consideration if you want to be involved in solving this mystery. I added it because I wanted to enclose all the details on the background to this story for people who spend hours trying to come up with various arguments on why I behaved improperly.

I personally find this whole thing ridiculous and feel sorry for people who have no better thing to do at 3 am in the morning than trying to figure out what I said to someone else at one particular gig.

Dear Suzzie,

I am so sorry about this whole thing..which seems to me like a storm in a glass of water.

I was so glad to have met you and you seem to me a such nice person .

I am sure Bianca didn't mean to say in a rude way that you suggest ...whatever it was suggested. The point is that it was well received and accepted and it didn't bothered Bianca whatsoever. In her report she mentioned that..without any intention..perhaps just to say how well organized we were and how respectfull we been. No offense at all.

What happened to that wonderful feeling of being there at the gig and having fun, meeting you good people, becoming friends with each other. I don't want to spoil this feeling. Would totally bitter our memories.

Bianca will get back to you, right now she is at school holding some important tests..that's why she wasn't online...but I morally felt obliged to come up with these explanations because I know her very well and I am sure she didn't mean to say that in a critical way.

Suzzie, please accept my appologises for all the inconvenience you had to suffer due to this thing who grew whithout any sense.

With kind regards and wishes for a Happy Easter !

Bianca's mom

Edited by Bianca's mother
correction of ortography