2010 - REPORTS/VIDEOS/PICTURES: Mika in Antwerp - 5 May

dcdeb

Wow!

I think it was Camille who posted on the Strasbourg thread, too, that Mika looked really emotional that night.

It seems that he really is taken by the audience reaction at some gigs, especially when it is on such large scale. :original:

PS It is great to read these early reports. Step, Droopsy and Ingie - thanks for posting them.

It was the same in Nice. :thumb_yello:

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got home from Antwerp and I have really not much to add to Droopsy's report. It was just unforgettable. What a night and what a vibe. The crowd wen totally ballistic. Amazing. Am still having butterflies in my stomach.

Lots of interaction with the audience, and Mika was just soooo happy!!! jumping like a kid.

What a night. Didn't get much sleep, I can tell you!

Afterwards I got to give him my gift and he was soo sweet, just beaming at me saying 'thank you so much'...he even turned to pose for picture BUT MY STUPID FLASH WAS TOO SLOW....so I got his backside. hmm. :aah:

But all that doesn't matter, it was just totally amazing.

(I wonder if our new young friend had any sleep at all last night) :teehee:

I was a Big Girl!!! I was actually chosen as a lollipopgirl, but there where too many lollipopgirls and the other girls where really skinny, so I could be a small big girl with my mom.

We arrived at the venue after 12 o'clock. I got number 42. I saw some MFC members I recognised from pictures on the forum. But I don't post often and I'm really shy around people I don't know, so I didn't say much. Sorry.

Around 17.15 I saw a cab driving by and I saw Mika's mother sitting in the front and Mika and two other people in the back.

Around 17.30 a woman and Mika's mother came to chose girls and boys. There where a mother and daughter who where chosen to be lollipopgirls. The she wanted also other mother and daughters to be that, so me and my mom where chosen too. And also another mother and daughter couple. I'm so glad my mother wanted to do this for me. We were taken inside. But then there were to many lollipopgirls. Mika's mom said that maybe I could be a small big girl, the other girls where to skinny. I had rather be a lollipopgirl but it is better than nothing and I was just really happy I could dance on stage.

We were told we had to sign a contract and we would be paid a euro for it. we weren't allowed to talk to Mika or the band unless they would speak to us first.

Then we were taken to the venue. We had to practise the Death March and after that we had to practise it with the mask. I saw Mika doing something on stage. He looked so good :mf_lustslow: I know I had to pay attention, but I couldn't stop looking at him. But hey, girls can do more than one thing at a time :wink2:

After that we were taken backstage to our dressingroom. It looked all very nice there, only our room was a little small for 15 (I think) people. We had to fit costums. Mika's mother helped. She was so nice. She such a sweet lady. I was a little afraid that maybe I couldn't be a big girl, because all the corsets were too big, but she found one that fitted. I saw Mika a few times walking around backstage and he came into the dressingroom to get a bag. He looked so good :wub2:. Sorry, but I can't stop thinking how good he looked :blush-anim-cl:

We had to sign the contract and then we had to go into the audiance and be back backstage at 8 pm. Then we had to get into our customs. The corset was a little too big at the top and it made me look bigger than I actually am. But they were nice. We got black coats on. We looked like we were members of a secret society :naughty:

Then we had to get back into the audience and be backstage after I See You. I think the Death March went good. I hoped someone filmed it.

Then we got back in the audience and be back backstage again after Toy Boy.

Then we had to dance on stage for Lollipop Girl. Dancing with the mask on was a little hard, I couldn't see very clearly. But it was so much fun :biggrin2:

After that we had to watch the the other song backstage. It was really cool to see how everything goes backstage. When Mika came off the podium we were applauding to him and he gave us dumbs up. He looked so happy. He was similing.

What I have seen of the show was so good. And Mika looked really really happy. and that made me really happy :biggrin2:

After the show was over we had to change quickly. We had water and some food in our dressing room. We got paid.

Then we had a grouppicture in two groups. I was next to Mika. He had his arm around me and I had mine around him. That felt so good. He looked so good. He wore baggy throusers and a blue shirt. The whole short time he was there I couldn't stop looking at him :blush-anim-cl: His eyes, his smile, his beautiful curly hair, his smoothless skin, his body, how good he looked in those clothes, how nice and sweet he is... :stretcher:

We had to give a woman our tickets, so Mika could sign them in his dressing room. After we had our tickets back, we had to go.

I thought about waiting outside for him. Inside everything went to fast and I just wanted to thank him ans telling him how I loved tonight. But I was really tired and I know Mika was too. So I went home. And I will be seeing him tomorrow.

It was a really amazing night. It went so fast and now it looked so surreal. The girl with whose camera the picture is taken will be on holliday for the next five days, so she can sent the picture somewhere next week.

Edit: I also wanted to say that Mika spoke in French and in Dutch. I don't understand much of French, but his Dutch...:wub2: I sounded really good for someone who doesn't really speaks good. I loved it.

How exciting!

Glad you had a great time!

I'm not going to do a big report now, because I'm so tired and want to rest before Amsterdam and Luxembourg.

But I can tell this: BEST GIG EVER!!!!! :woot_jump:

Ooooh, exciting! Do you know if Priscilla ended up getting any pics of David for me? :wub2:

:lmfao:

I doubt it :aah:

It was so nice meeting you :wub2:

You mean the guy who was drooling on your shoulder :naughty:

I think he'll be in Mika heaven for a very long time :wink2:

Here's a video of the little M&G, thanks to Katrien :wub2:

(still processing)

I'm gonna work on the others now :original:

Let me start by saying: I've said a lot of times that this was the best gig ever, but it's always true, and a lot has to do with the belgian audience. And NO I'm not saying that because I'm from belgium, other people have said the same. I was front row right, in front of imma/jimmy.

He said this was along with bercy the biggest show of the tour, and let me tell you, I was in bercy as well, the atmosphere there seemed to be nothing compared to this! The crowd was on fire from the beginning but just exploded a little more during every song... I don't know how to say it properly in english but you understand me, I guess :wink2: My voice is totally gone, I'm dead tired... it was so intense!

Mika looked soo so happy, just looking over the entire venue going crazy, he kept his breath a few times, not knowing what to say or what to sing, just looking at us like 'omg is this for real???' He let the audience sing about 70% of the show, he said everything in french and dutch which was so funny because you had him going: bonjour c'est mika et je suis mort, and then hallo, het is mika en ik ben dood :aah: It was so funny how he said everything twice :teehee:

What we expected, happened, the audience didn't want to let him go. It's always the case here, so they came back after lollipop to do relax. After that kick ass with the band, and mika stayed on the stage a bit, looking slowly in every direction, to absorb the audience for the very last time :wub2: At one time I thought he was going to sing along to kick ass, he grabbed for his microphone but then just didn't, damn :aah:

iMMA was so so so great!!!!!!!! she always is but tonight she was so into it. She rocked as never before, during happy ending she sung so loud and powerful, gorgeous! She did a lot of interaction with us, which was great. I really love her (tbh I have a bit of a girl crush :blush-anim-cl:).

Mika decided to hang the puppet on jimmy's bass.... That was very cute and funny to see, but I don't think jimmy liked it that much after a while! He had the puppet on the bass for two songs, and in the beginning he was playing with it, like dragging the puppet across the stage as if the puppet was walking etc, and it really was great to see, but he couldn't get the damn thing off again!! He really was struggling with it... But then somewhere during lollipop he got it off. I don't know if the puppet survived tho...... :fisch:

Some had been big girl/lollipop girl/bride etc but I'll let them tell you their story. They asked but he said maybe he wouldn't do a m&g afterwards because he was so tired. But he still came out! even though he really realllyyy was tired, when he spoke it was like he was going to doze off every second. I told him it was the best gig of his I ever went too, and that I went to 'a few' so I had enough material to compare :aah: His tired face lit up for a moment and said thanks very very silently, I do really think he's saving his voice, so thank god he had the entire sportpaleis singing for him :aah:

For the people from the breakfast club: I'm sorry guys, we did everything possible. We went to two gigs now with the book, we asked the big girls/lg to tell him about it, but they didn't see them/weren't supposed to talk to them. We even asked John to help now, waited a long time in the cold :aah: but we still didn't get to give the book... we only have 2 gigs left so I hope it will still work but I'm not sure :(

Thanks Droopsy!:thumb_yello:

Your report has made me really excited to see the vids from last night.

Thanks.

Wow! There's some great pics! And I spy some David pics too! :teehee:

Thanks for posting!

(still processing)

Nice vid! Geez he looked cute... though tired...

Edited by nico_collard

I was also a big girl, woohoo!!!! :mf_lustslow:

I won't write a whole review, because I don't have anything to add to Marly's wonderfull review. Thanks Marly, you saved me a lot of time, haha :thumb_yello:

I have some pics from Qing and the venue here:

http://s842.photobucket.com/albums/zz341/melissa_holland/Mika%20Sportpaleis%20Antwerpen%2005-05-2010/

Thanks everyone for a wonderfull day and I'll see you all tomorrow again in Amsterdam!

I was also a big girl, woohoo!!!! :mf_lustslow:

I won't write a whole review, because I don't have anything to add to Marly's wonderfull review. Thanks Marly, you saved me a lot of time, haha :thumb_yello:

I have some pics from Qing and the venue here:

http://s842.photobucket.com/albums/zz341/melissa_holland/Mika%20Sportpaleis%20Antwerpen%2005-05-2010/

Thanks everyone for a wonderfull day and I'll see you all tomorrow again in Amsterdam!

Awww, nice pics! And congrats on being a big girl!

Nice vid! Geez he looked cute... though tired...

And I know ... he was so tired, I really thought he wouldn't come out, or that it would be like in Düsseldorf (leaving after a few minutes because people were all over him ..) but he did and it went quite ok .. He was so sweet! :wub2:

have had a quick glance at my pictures and some came out wonderfully! will work on them this afternoon.

Aaah, great! Can't wait :biggrin2:

(still processing)

Sorry it's all shaking ... :teehee:

You can see him almost literally bump in to the camera :aah: He looked so cute :wub2:

Sorry it's all shaking ... :teehee:

You can see him almost literally bump in to the camera :aah: He looked so cute :wub2:

Aaah, don't worry, it's wonderful :wub2:

It just all went so quickly :aah: And yes, at the end you were a bit in the way :bleh::naughty::roftl: (he was standing really close to the people tho :aah:)

Then Mika was very clear said: "No pictures, will only sign 1 thing for everyone and I decide what I'm gonna sign next, not you"

Oh, I didn't hear that he said that ... otherwise I would have respected it and would not have taken any pictures ... feel sorry now.