REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS: Mika @ Festival Mawazine, Rabat 22 May 2010

Christine

The hilarious thing about the video of Jimmy falling over (
) is that when he's walking up...you can see his mind working...just walking around...then...OOH BALLOON!!! JUMP TIME!!! And he jumps on it then KERSPLAT right on the face! :lmfao: What makes it even funnier is that Mika is completely oblivious! :roftl::roftl: and iMMa just turns round to see Jimmy laying on the floor :roftl::roftl: Oh dear, this is way too much. And also how Jimmy just gets up and starts shouting "We are Goooooolden, we are Goooooolden!" like as if A) nothing happened and/or B) That he's like, yeah f*ck you guys, I'm still cool!

:roftl::roftl:

EDIT: I also love how you can actually HEAR Jimmy land..."Do you still think that you know...Looking for treasure - BANG."

Okay, NOW I have to laugh :roftl:

KERSPLAT?? Brilliant, have to remember that one :roftl:

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No! :roftl: I won't forget tho, that's for sure :naughty:

I think Iago says it in the English version of Aladdin...when he's with Jafar...talking about...something :aah: "And then kersplat! Wham!" they're in Jafar's chamber I think...and I think he just choked out some crackers :roftl:

EDIT: No!!! It wasn't!!! It was when Iago was demonstrating the Sultan's death as he jumps off the chair and lands on the floor...on his face...a bit like Jimmy :aah:

Ohhh thank you Disney for an amazing word.

No!!! It wasn't!!! It was when Iago was demonstrating the Sultan's death as he jumps off the chair and lands on the floor...on his face...a bit like Jimmy :aah:

Ohhh thank you Disney for an amazing word.

Yeahhhhhhh I remember it!! :roftl::roftl::roftl:

In italian it was: "SPLASH"... but kersplat is better!! :roftl:

http://www.lemagazinedumanager.com/index.php/actualites/694-festival-mawazine-mika-met-le-feu-sur-la-scene-de-lolm-souissi-

Translation:blush-anim-cl:

Mika is on fire on the OLM-Souissi stage.

He came here to sing for the first time in front of the marocan public, during the 9th edition of the festival. The amaricano-lebanese singer litteraly put the fire, saturday night, on the stage of the OLM Souissi.

By: Ali Hassan Eddehbi

His voice is soft and his moves are rythmics combined with a busrtibng creativity (costumes, stage designs, choreographies), Mika transforms the live performance into a 3D video clip and achieved at the very first minutes of the show to stimulate the euphoria, to the great pleasure of the crowd who had all the reasons in the world to go see hm.

It's probably those assets that made him, at only 26 years old, an international star appreciated all around the world by a public that goes from "7 to 87 years old", like he loves to states himself.

Mika (whose real name is (Michael Holbrook Penniman) doesn't have the big head. Before going on stage, he seduced us with his press conference held in the afternoon at the Villa des Arts de Rabat.

Humble, smilling, available, Mika achieved during this meeting with the press to have a friendly moment and give some hints about what he was going to do on stage a few hours later.

When asked how he felt about singing at the Mawazine besides international musical artists (Julio, Santanna, BB Kingà), the singer surprises us by saying that he's happy, but a little bit scared of singing besides his idols.

"I'm happy to be in the same place, but i try to stay a little further back because i'm always a little bit afraid when i realize that I'm going to sing beside artists that i grew up listening to their music", he says in front of everyone not without pride.

Apart from his pop performances, Mika, who's also writting and composing his songs, is also a fan of arab music."I grew up with music from Oum Kaltoum and unfortunatly i couldn't arrive in time for the show of Majda Roumi that i consider like the second Fayrouz and is an artist that i love alot."

Born in Beirout on August 18 1983 from a lebanese mother and an american father, Michael Holbrook Penniman is one year old when his family moves from Lebanon to Paris, where he goes to kindergarden. He lives in the French city for 9 years and then moves to London.

In 2007, he won 3 World Music awards, the most ever won by any artist and the first one to win them all in only one year.

En 2008, he recieves the internation breakthrough artist of the year at the NRJ Music Awards and breakthrough british artist at the Brit Awards. In 2010, he was nominated at the NRJ for international male singer of the year.

) is that when he's walking up...you can see his mind working...just walking around...then...OOH BALLOON!!! JUMP TIME!!! And he jumps on it then KERSPLAT right on the face! :lmfao: What makes it even funnier is that Mika is completely oblivious! :roftl::roftl: and iMMa just turns round to see Jimmy laying on the floor :roftl::roftl: Oh dear, this is way too much. And also how Jimmy just gets up and starts shouting "We are Goooooolden, we are Goooooolden!" like as if A) nothing happened and/or B) That he's like, yeah f*ck you guys, I'm still cool!

EDIT: I also love how you can actually HEAR Jimmy land..."Do you still think that you know...Looking for treasure - BANG."

this made me laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lmfao:!!!

exactly what i think!!:lmfao:!!!

thanks for translating LilStar!

In 2007, he won 3 World Music awards, the most ever won by any artist and the first one to win them all in only one year.

I didn't know this! That's quite an achievement!

http://www.lemagazinedumanager.com/index.php/actualites/694-festival-mawazine-mika-met-le-feu-sur-la-scene-de-lolm-souissi-

Translation:blush-anim-cl:

Mika is on fire on the OLM-Souissi stage.

He came here to sing for the first time in front of the marocan public, during the 9th edition of the festival. The amaricano-lebanese singer litteraly put the fire, saturday night, on the stage of the OLM Souissi.

By: Ali Hassan Eddehbi

His voice is soft and his moves are rythmics combined with a busrtibng creativity (costumes, stage designs, choreographies), Mika transforms the live performance into a 3D video clip and achieved at the very first minutes of the show to stimulate the euphoria, to the great pleasure of the crowd who had all the reasons in the world to go see hm.

It's probably those assets that made him, at only 26 years old, an international star appreciated all around the world by a public that goes from "7 to 87 years old", like he loves to states himself.

Mika (whose real name is (Michael Holbrook Penniman) doesn't have the big head. Before going on stage, he seduced us with his press conference held in the afternoon at the Villa des Arts de Rabat.

Humble, smilling, available, Mika achieved during this meeting with the press to have a friendly moment and give some hints about what he was going to do on stage a few hours later.

When asked how he felt about singing at the Mawazine besides international musical artists (Julio, Santanna, BB Kingà), the singer surprises us by saying that he's happy, but a little bit scared of singing besides his idols.

"I'm happy to be in the same place, but i try to stay a little further back because i'm always a little bit afraid when i realize that I'm going to sing beside artists that i grew up listening to their music", he says in front of everyone not without pride.

Apart from his pop performances, Mika, who's also writting and composing his songs, is also a fan of arab music."I grew up with music from Oum Kaltoum and unfortunatly i couldn't arrive in time for the show of Majda Roumi that i consider like the second Fayrouz and is an artist that i love alot."

Born in Beirout on August 18 1983 from a lebanese mother and an american father, Michael Holbrook Penniman is one year old when his family moves from Lebanon to Paris, where he goes to kindergarden. He lives in the French city for 9 years and then moves to London.

En 2008, he recieves the internation breakthrough artist of the year at the NRJ Music Awards and breakthrough british artist at the Brit Awards. In 2010, he was nominated at the NRJ for international male singer of the year.

Thank you so much for the translation :thumb_yello:

Translated the youtube video as well:blush-anim-cl:

TV news Anchor: Mika galvanized the stage of Rabat. A young audience that all sang with the americano-lebanese artist his biggest hits.It was a heartstopper for the third day of the festival.

Journalist: Mika being in Rabat is an artistic event that attracts alot of medias from all over the world. A press conference with the new king of pop doesnt go without surprises with alot of stories and even jokes. *girl dancing during press conference*

But a show from the young lebanese-english singer is even more spectacular. Video screen, giant dolls, choreographies, Mika isnt scared to step into the theater and circus universe. A fairytale mega-show like a sweet dream that satisfies all the kids there.

*Kids talking/yelling lol*

Kid 1: he's the prettiest singer in the world!!

Kid 2: no, Mika is the second king of pop!

Kid 3: No he's the first king of pop!!

All kids: WE LOVE MIKA He's amazing!!

(that part cracks me up, sorry :lmfao:!!!!!!!)

Revealed by a first album, LICM, Mika captivated an audience of many generations. His acid pop is an hymn to life that doesnt make him forget his arabs root.

Mika: There was always alot of Feirouz (??? correct the name please!!) in my living room, in my kitchen. Everywhere, there was always his music. For my mom it was Feirouz(??) for my dad it was Oum Kaltoum. There was all sorts of music. It was also vey normal to have alot of traditionnal egyptian music in my house.

Journalist: Big Girl, Grace Kelly, Love Today, Relax, international hits sang by all the public...

Thank you everyone for reports/pics/vids/press!! :wub2:

And a special thank you goes to Roxane for translating and to Miro for recording and uploading!! :flowers2:

Edited by mari62

Omg, this is just too much indeed, especially when he gets up and continues as nothing happened and Mika, he didn't even notice?? :roftl::roftl::roftl: And David looks priceless... Oh dear, but it's easier to laugh now, because we know he is okay! Just more fame to him :naughty:

Thank you for translating, LilStar!! :thumb_yello:

Thank you everyone for reports/pics/vids/press!! :wub2:

And a special thank you goes to Roxane for translating and to Miro for recording and uploading!! :flowers2:

Wonderful girls! Thank you very much:flowers2::wub2:

And here a wonderful quality for WAG

Ooh! Sounds like he's changed the beginning? The drums don't come in until later...? :blink:

It was amazing!!

And I liked all the show.

Mika was incredible of energy, talent and presence (Sorry it was the first time I saw him on stage :biggrin2:) but I'm too tired to say whatever clear now, I'll try to write something later but in French, it's too difficult for me to write in English :teehee:

Thank you so much for the beautiful pics and vidéos, I took nothing unfortunately :no: as I said, it was my first show and I made a lot of error of beginner , I'll get organized better the next time :bash:

Thanks for sharing! Your English is great. Glad you had fun. :wub2:

Hello everyone,

I attended Mika's concert yesterday in Rabat. I really loved it, one of the best concerts I've ever been to. In a word it was AWESOME!! But I can't find the link to the "happy ending" video, does someone have it?? (it was one of the best parts!!).

Thanks

Welcome to MFC! So glad to hear you enjoyed it. :wub2:

Thanks for translating. :flowers2:

So nice to see the pics and Mika in a fesitival setting

He seems to get better looking every day! :wub2:

Ain't that the truth. You said it, Fredster. :teehee::naughty:

I wasn't at home yesterday so I just saw the video of Jimmy 5 minutes ago. Poor man! But very funny :teehee:

I think it's very sweet that Imma makes a sign with her hands to ask if he's all right :original:

OMG they put it on Youtube :roftl:

And I spent an hour uploading it :aah:

But at least we got a good quality one :naughty:

Can I just say that he looks very good, I mean he fits so well in that landscape with all the palmtrees and stuff? :teehee::blush-anim-cl:

Has this been posted yet? it's an excellent quality Happy Ending vid

his expression at the beginning of the vid when the audience is singing along:wub2:

Wow the stage looks awesome