2010 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS - Mika in Cornwall @Eden , 27-JUN

robertina

I had a totally awesome time! Mika was amazing!

I was with my fellow fokkers and Caz told you what happened until she went off to be a big girl so i'll follow it up from there.

People were pushing in-which I felt was unfair for everyone who had queued but luckily after going through an assalt course (which was a hick up with the barrier) we got front row to the left.

After hearing Diana Vickers sound check we were dreading her warm up but I was pleasantly surprized-infact a little fan girlie after I got some good eye contact:teehee: I felt sorry for her as she kept on popping out of her top as she really was a sweatheart.

Diana didn't come on till 7.45 and Mika wasn't on till 9.15 so there was a lot of waiting inbetween but we amused ourselves hoodie spotting- we were so made up that Yasmine and Andy were wearing their hoodies- I felt so proud to be a fokker- well done Bossy you have done a fab job :biggrin2:

Mika eventually came on and he was on fire!-I'll let the others tell you about the playlist as I can't really remember the order. Dan, bab, Sarah, Sara and I were having a great time dancing and during doctor john jimmy looked over and saw dan, bab and I doing our little dance and he was like WTF it was soooo funny we couldn't stop laughing.

Mika then decided to play OMS and decided on the spot that it would be nice if everyone held a flower so he grabbed a flower pot and after some struggling managed to get the flowers out and throw them into the audience. I managed to get a massive sunflower:biggrin2:

Mika at one point introduced the band but forgot Cherisse so we were shouting Cherisse at him and he was like what? and eventually the penny dropped and he introduced her as his favourite (suck up:naughty:)

Mika forgot to do GGG which I was a little bit miffed at as Dan and I had planned our dance moves but he came back on for the encore and did KICKASS! My voice is now hoarse as I was singing along at the top of my voice- It was amazing! I was jumping like a loon- and for a big girl that takes some effort! Defo my highlight:biggrin2:

At the end we waited at the barrier for Mika and we waved, got a big grin ( i didn't want anything else TBH) and noticed that he had Maria's hoodie on with pink lettering- it was sooo funny and I felt relly proud to be a Mika fan- he is such a good popstar:wub2: He was so lovely to everyone in the queue and as I have had lots of experiences I stepped back and let newbies and others have their fill. John also said hello to us and then after being trapped in like cattle behind the barrier we walked off into the night and had pasties! (love ya bab)

Big thanks to my girls- I had a wonderful time with you:wub2:

Forgot to mention how amazing Caz was as a big girl- you rocked Diva Fokker!

Hi Jemma!! Glad to see you got home okay after the horrible traffic in the sticky weather. Yeah it was so funny seeing people backstage wearing their Fokker hoodies lol. I knew Andy was getting one but didn't realise he already had it, so it was a nice suprirse to see him wearing it.

And don't you start Americanising your spelling with me! :aah::roftl:

Hello:biggrin2:

What an amazing weekend. What a beautiful place. What incredible weather!

I LOVE seeing Mika in different venues and this one was awesome. The beautiful weather really was the icing on the cake.

This reminded me a lot of Arras - I guess because it was a larg(ish) outdoor venue - and also, from where I was standing I had a sideways view of Mika as I had at Arras. However, having not queued at all I didn't expect in anyway to be on the front row so that was a definate added bonus. I just wandered up at 7pm and found myself at the barrier - amazing.

I did think that Mika's voice wasn't quite up to it's usual amazing standard - particularly in Touches you and Rain..............but given the amount of performances he has given in the last few months I hardly find that surprising. But in terms of effort - 150% as usual.

A brilliant gig.

Thanks to everyone.............it is alaays a pleasure to meet up with you all. Can't wait for the next time :biggrin2:.

Vicky and I had a lovely chat with David at the airport this morning. We were on the same flight.:thumb_yello:

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/album.php?aid=181072 Is that better?

Little addition to my report, as you can probably see from the pictures the lollipop girl went up right in front of us. It wouldn't inflate properly though and was just blocking our view for about 5 minutes before they finally deflated it:boxed: And it was a shame the screen didn't work, instead of the normal projections we got a range of computer error messages until the tech guys eventually switched it off.

this is what is displayed to me:

This content is currently unavailable

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

are you all ok? :blink:

caz, you're welcome. :blush-anim-cl:

this is a gig of the heart for me, i so wanted to see cornwall, it's something special. i'm fond of this gig, even if i could not go :wub2:

this is what is displayed to me:

This content is currently unavailable

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Damn. I'll put them on photobucket.

All sounds 'FREAK'ing awesome!!!!

Wish I could have joined you all but was in bed poorley.. AGAIN!! (and for a while to come yet it seems :annoyed_h4h:) ...sooooo fed up it is untrue...can't even get to sit in the sunshine :tears:

....but loving the tweets so Thanks! to those who kept the No Go-ers updated.

The pics are superb! There is no need for paps anymore..they should just use MFCers! :roftl:

Was a shame more MFCers weren't front row tho...as some have never been there yet. I heard some of the flowers MIKA threw were caught further back so all is good in the end.

can't wait to see more pics and vids :biggrin2:

xxx

Try again with the pics.

Photobucket album link http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/gater_h/Eden/

Photobucket 'Slideshow' link http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/gater_h/Eden/?albumview=slideshow

Just a sample

DSCN0432.jpg

DSCN0438.jpg

DSCN0443.jpg

:biggrin2:

there are a couple of pics of me and my friend Zoe as big girls on your photos, any chance i could copy them to my PC and post them on my facebook? dont want to do it without permission but would like my non MFC friends to see the pics if possible

can you let me know? thanks x

there are a couple of pics of me and my friend Zoe as big girls on your photos, any chance i could copy them to my PC and post them on my facebook? dont want to do it without permission but would like my non MFC friends to see the pics if possible

can you let me know? thanks x

Yeah that's fine :biggrin2: If you PM me which ones I can send you the original files. They're bigger pics and might be a bit better quality:wink2:

Actually you might be able to get them straight off my facebook http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/album.php?id=533526271&aid=181072&s=140&hash=078a624adb990771335f5a8f4d90ff2c

Yeah that's fine :biggrin2: If you PM me which ones I can send you the original files. They're bigger pics and might be a bit better quality:wink2:

Actually you might be able to get them straight off my facebook http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/album.php?id=533526271&aid=181072&s=140&hash=078a624adb990771335f5a8f4d90ff2c

thank you :thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Loving Caz and Ingie's huge reports. Sounds like you had some really nice moments backstage. And the contrast between Caz and Ingie's stories about Ingie dancing made me LOL :roftl: I'm looking forward to the vid.

Did Andy ever get to talk to Rose?

I was just going to give Mika a wristband at the end, but vickylovesmika managed to throw one up on stage and he picked it up wore it for the rest of the gig

IMGP1089.jpg

Aww...you must be so chuffed he wore it and loved it!

IMG_2002.jpg

The bands look great. I had no idea you were doing these. The glow in the dark is a nice bonus.

Mika forgot to do GGG which I was a little bit miffed at as Dan and I had planned our dance moves but he came back on for the encore and did KICKASS! My voice is now hoarse as I was singing along at the top of my voice- It was amazing! I was jumping like a loon- and for a big girl that takes some effort! Defo my highlight:biggrin2:

I was hoping for this kind of reaction from people. That's exactly how I was when I heard it. :biggrin2: Definitely a highlight.

Thanks for the pics and reports everyone. :thumb_yello:

Thanks Christine! I got vids of Relax and Billy Brown...with Relax I got a few shots of the crowd fist pumping and hand clapping and with Billy Brown I just recorded the crowd during the chorus...everyone waving their arms...lovely.

As far as Andy coming to talk to me, didn't happen!:sad:

Saw him walking over the the sound tent, and he waved, but I think they must have been having problems, as the projections didn't work all night.

As far as Andy coming to talk to me, didn't happen!:sad:

Saw him walking over the the sound tent, and he waved, but I think they must have been having problems, as the projections didn't work all night.

Argh, shame. :thumbdown: He was at the sound board all the time in Japan. No camera work at all I don't think.

i am trying to keep up with thread on my phone as i have no internet access at home. Not easy for a technophobe. Looking good though. Great pics. Thanks for posting x