WINNERS magic numbers

Sylvana

:sad:

:boxed::sad:

ok, i finally 100% agree with everyone who said that this game sucked! i got my place no.17 back just before it ended but didn't help anything. :sad: probably just the top 10 or so. :dunno:

anyway, congrats to the winners, i hope it's some mfcers too!

and i really hope they'll send me my mika video message, so all the time+money spent wasn't completely in vain!!

I didn't win...even I've been on 15th place...which seemed a very good place... I just wanted to meet him :((

maybe they'll put up a new contest soon...

Not even the whole of top 10. I was number 9th and I got nothing, not even the m&g that was supposed to be for the first 10. They don't comply with their own rules and it sucks.

I cannot believe it :shocked:: not even number 9 had not been taken. And you Mellody, it's a shame you don't have a place too, with all the fan support you've done !!! I'm disgusted ! What did I expect with my 36th place...?:sneaky2:. Clearly should have spend much more time on MFC instead of mikasounds !!! (like some of you said long time ago)

I think I can guess why the discretion...so the "private" gig does not end up being a public one. :fisch:

Yeah I really don't get that at all. :no:

I'm even wondering now if they will really make that gig ... or just pretend for discretion so that with no news, we'll just said to ourselves that the winners jsut kept it secret, while no one has had this gig :thumbdown:

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm even wondering now if they will really make that gig ... or just pretend for discretion so that with no news, we'll just said to ourselves that the winners jsut kept it secret, while no one has had this gig :thumbdown:

I hope that the winners won't be asked to keep it a secret after the gig so hopefully we will hear about it later. I don't think they even announced the winners of the M&G competition in North America but I met some of the winners along the tour so I know they followed through on the prizes. I am pretty sure they wouldn't lie about people winning the top prizes. :thumb_yello:

Not even the whole of top 10. I was number 9th and I got nothing, not even the m&g that was supposed to be for the first 10. They don't comply with their own rules and it sucks.

:shocked: Not even the top ten! Good God, that is unbelievable.

sure, the gigs were worth it in any case... but the uploading of all my photos+videos on mikasounds.com was just for the magic numbers, which took a lot of time, and THAT would've been in vain. well, like i said, i hope i'll get the video message... i *should*, since i reached the 100,000 already in summer, and e-mailed them for the prize. i'd really be very disappointed if that didn't happen! :sneaky2: but for now, i'll just try to be patient, as always. :rasta:

how about the others of you who got 100,000 points, did any of you get your video message yet? guess you had to request it via e-mail though, so if you didn't do that, i guess you won't get it. :dunno:

btw, i'd love to know about when the gig/m+g is going to happen, not the exact day of course (i understand that this should be kept secret), but maybe the month (and year :naughty:)? so we know about when we can expect reports from the winners. :fisch:

I know how you feel.. i ended up at the 20th place and indeed.. it took a LOT of time.. I uploaded for days.. i'm also over 100.000 and i didn't got my video.. I already emailed them.. but i think they won't do something with it.. I'm a bit disappointment..

I know how you feel.. i ended up at the 20th place and indeed.. it took a LOT of time.. I uploaded for days.. i'm also over 100.000 and i didn't got my video.. I already emailed them.. but i think they won't do something with it.. I'm a bit disappointment..

I know a person who received the video, but it was a long time ago,but atleast that means the video exist.

I hope you get yours :wink2:

That's unbelievable! :shocked:

I didn't make a chance at all, so I didn't focus on it... but I feel really sorry for you.

Perhaps the winners were people who scored over a specific amount, you know, nominal, not ordinal?

:blink:

I have wondered that myself because originally the prize was only meant for people over 500,000 points so maybe they took a different value in the end. :dunno:

Anyway I'm sorry for Ingie, Mellody, Sylvana and I'm sure many others who spent so much time on the contest and haven't collected tangible prizes. I really hope you get your video messages.

Damn, that's crazy. Can't wait to here more though, the prize better be EPIC.

I didn't win...even I've been on 15th place...which seemed a very good place... I just wanted to meet him :((

maybe they'll put up a new contest soon...

I really hope they don't. I'm very disillusioned by this one.

I suppose I was a bit naive, but I took it at face value, no pooling points, no spamming.

The way I understood it, the competition was to reward fans who had supported and been loyal to Mika. People who have gone to gigs, bought merchandise, cds and dvds. Oh that's me, I thought, I do all of that, I'll give it a shot.

Not for people who had the time to sit on the internet all day writing comments on Mikasounds, uploading photos and videos which were not their own.

I am sure there are winners who do support Mika in the right way, but I suspect there are others who got the majority of their points using methods that didn't support Mika in any way.

It just stinks.

:shocked: wow, i would've thought at least the top 10 would get something... :boxed: so maybe it was just the top 5, or like heve & christine said, the ones over a certain amount of numbers. that really sucks for the ones who were in the top 10 but didn't get anything, guess if i had been, i'd have been convinced i'd win something! :aah: do we have anyone who was in the top 5 but didn't get an e-mail either? :teehee:

for me personally it makes me feel better about it, since i know now that i didn't just miss the prizes by 2 places or so. :rolls_eyes:

but well, who knows if there'll be anything apart from the gig for the person with 500,000 points... maybe they just got our hopes up by saying that the first few would get something, regardless of the points, to make more money because we'd try harder in the end. :aah:

I think I can guess why the discretion...so the "private" gig does not end up being a public one. :fisch:

yeah, i agree with that - they'd be bombarded with PM's to tell people where+when the gig would take place. :aah:

I am sure there are winners who do support Mika in the right way, but I suspect there are others who got the majority of their points using methods that didn't support Mika in any way.

It just stinks.

^The reason why I didn't even want to try. Only got a few points from two CDs. You could see the way the contest was headed.

I suppose I was a bit naive, but I took it at face value, no pooling points, no spamming.

The way I understood it, the competition was to reward fans who had supported and been loyal to Mika. People who have gone to gigs, bought merchandise, cds and dvds. Oh that's me, I thought, I do all of that, I'll give it a shot.

Not for people who had the time to sit on the internet all day writing comments on Mikasounds, uploading photos and videos which were not their own.

It just stinks.

Agreed :thumb_yello:

It just stinks.

:thumb_yello:

It just stinks.

Completely agree with Babs. I was put off by the entire thing when my pages were spammed by idiots & my pictures put up by ppl who I don't know & worst refused to take em down after repeatedly been notified.

Anyhow, I hope the winners are decent MFC members.

It just stinks.

Agree

It just stinks.

I will just add my agreement :biggrin2:

It just stinks.

I also agree :emot-sad:

I never really believed in the rightness of this contest :no:

Only hope that the winners will enjoy...

so what to say ? :aah: congrats to winners and sorry for the people that are disappointed and were very close to the top of the list... I don't want to imagine how this thing cost ? I mean to get 500 000 points it really deserve a show, with all of this money I would probably travel to japan, stay there one week in a beautiful hotel and buy me there a mika show... anyway hope you have big and beautiful house for him to play music... and I am sure you will have a beautiful time seeing him playing for you as he is a very smart person :thumb_yello:

It just stinks.

I agree 100% with all that Bab said here :thumb_yello:.

I ended up at number 14 (even though I was higher than that for a while), but again, am very disappointed with the way in which this has been run.

Like many others, I was missing many points for merch that I bought and was supposed to come with tokens, or with iTunes albums which would not validate for me (I even sent them numerous emails attaching my iTunes receipts and asking them for help, which was consistently ignored), and a good number of gigs which also came without the required points....I tried uploading some of my gig videos and decided that it was pointless, as they would never approve them, or they would only approve one batch of 3 out of 50, and I had to enter the same vids over and over again. It was pointless and highly frustrating.

I have a busy full time job and hence no time to be sitting on the Mikasounds site all day, adding pointless comments or pictures that 'vaguely' resemble something that could perhaps be Mika related in some world or time. Or that are clearly not Mika related. Or even adding relevant Mika things (a rare minority on Mikasounds this last one, though).

Stupidly, I figured that it was a more productive use of my time to actually support Mika by going to the gigs, and in my naivety I thought that this would be ok. Clearly not :roftl:.

Also, I strictly disagree with these contests being for "winner+1". Wouldn't it make more sense to have 10 winners for example who ARE ACTUALLY FANS, rather than say 5, who will come up with a random person who is not actually a big fan who has put time and effort into the competition?

It may just be me, but I would find that much fairer. If they had said for example: let's invite the top 10 winners.

And don't get me wrong. I am not complaining becauase I am bitter that I am not going.

Not at all-I would be delighted if someone who has played the game and played it fairly (according to what the spirit of the competition was supposed to be) and is a big fan of Mika goes to the gig and has a whale of a time. I just can't but feel a little irritated that a lot of people who thought they were playing fairly, and doing things as theyw ere meant to be done, and who have spent the past few years supporting Mika in situ don't get the coveted rewards :dunno:

Yeah, that I find particularly appalling!!!

so what to say ? :aah: congrats to winners and sorry for the people that are disappointed and were very close to the top of the list... I don't want to imagine how this thing cost ? I mean to get 500 000 points it really deserve a show, with all of this money I would probably travel to japan, stay there one week in a beautiful hotel and buy me there a mika show... anyway hope you have big and beautiful house for him to play music... and I am sure you will have a beautiful time seeing him playing for you as he is a very smart person :thumb_yello:

Well, I did that in June. Spent a week in Japan and went to 4 Mika gigs, for which I never got my points (even though I sent numerous emails to Mikasounds,etc...) :sneaky2:.

I agree 100% with all that Bab said here :thumb_yello:.

I ended up at number 14 (even though I was higher than that for a while), but again, am very disappointed with the way in which this has been run.

Like many others, I was missing many points for merch that I bought and was supposed to come with tokens, or with iTunes albums which would not validate for me (I even sent them numerous emails attaching my iTunes receipts and asking them for help, which was consistently ignored), and a good number of gigs which also came without the required points....I tried uploading some of my gig videos and decided that it was pointless, as they would never approve them, or they would only approve one batch of 3 out of 50, and I had to enter the same vids over and over again. It was pointless and highly frustrating.

I have a busy full time job and hence no time to be sitting on the Mikasounds site all day, adding pointless comments or pictures that 'vaguely' resemble something that could perhaps be Mika related in some world or time. Or that are clearly not Mika related. Or even adding relevant Mika things (a rare minority on Mikasounds this last one, though).

Stupidly, I figured that it was a more productive use of my time to actually support Mika by going to the gigs, and in my naivety I thought that this would be ok. Clearly not :roftl:.

Also, I strictly disagree with these contests being for "winner+1". Wouldn't it make more sense to have 10 winners for example who ARE ACTUALLY FANS, rather than say 5, who will come up with a random person who is not actually a big fan who has put time and effort into the competition?

It may just be me, but I would find that much fairer. If they had said for example: let's invite the top 10 winners.

And don't get me wrong. I am not complaining becauase I am bitter that I am not going.

Not at all-I would be delighted if someone who has played the game and played it fairly (according to what the spirit of the competition was supposed to be) and is a big fan of Mika goes to the gig and has a whale of a time. I just can't but feel a little irritated that a lot of people who thought they were playing fairly, and doing things as theyw ere meant to be done, and who have spent the past few years supporting Mika in situ don't get the coveted rewards :dunno:

Totally agree with you, and I have to mention specially the bolded part. I mean, if they wanted 10 people there, it should be the top 10 in the Mikasounds website, end of story. It must be beyond frustrating being in a situation like Ingie's!! :sneaky2:

I also agree 100% with Babs. This was just...bad! :boxed:

I totally agree with the +1 sentiments Sara. I think it would be much better to have the top 10 people going to this gig than having the top 5 plus their random guests...I guess they assume they will take their partner, but heck, most of us never take partners to gigs, so I wouldn't be starting with the special secret gig :roftl:

Anyway, whoever is going, have a wonderful time, and if you are a MFCer, I hope you will feel comfortable coming back here and reporting:biggrin2:

Totally agree with you, and I have to mention specially the bolded part. I mean, if they wanted 10 people there, it should be the top 10 in the Mikasounds website, end of story. It must be beyond frustrating being in a situation like Ingie's!! :sneaky2:

I also agree 100% with Babs. This was just...bad! :boxed:

Yes, it's just really bad thinking, IMO, and rewarding the wrong thing :dunno: Or rather, not rewarding the right one.

I totally agree with the +1 sentiments Sara. I think it would be much better to have the top 10 people going to this gig than having the top 5 plus their random guests...I guess they assume they will take their partner, but heck, most of us never take partners to gigs, so I wouldn't be starting with the special secret gig :roftl:

Anyway, whoever is going, have a wonderful time, and if you are a MFCer, I hope you will feel comfortable coming back here and reporting:biggrin2:

Exactly...

I thought it wa just the first 5 not +1 thats sucks:shocked:

:wink2: I think so too

Archived