WINNERS magic numbers

Sylvana

i hope they at least have a clip of the private gig and meet and greet!

ahhh, whoever won is so lucky! ):

ps. if you did get a video or do get a personal video please be nice to the rest of us that didn't and had pretty much no chance of winning.. hahaha, if you want.. (:

19-Nov-10. <3 Buenos Aires.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sure, the gigs were worth it in any case... but the uploading of all my photos+videos on mikasounds.com was just for the magic numbers, which took a lot of time, and THAT would've been in vain. well, like i said, i hope i'll get the video message... i *should*, since i reached the 100,000 already in summer, and e-mailed them for the prize. i'd really be very disappointed if that didn't happen! :sneaky2: but for now, i'll just try to be patient, as always. :rasta:

how about the others of you who got 100,000 points, did any of you get your video message yet? guess you had to request it via e-mail though, so if you didn't do that, i guess you won't get it. :dunno:

btw, i'd love to know about when the gig/m+g is going to happen, not the exact day of course (i understand that this should be kept secret), but maybe the month (and year :naughty:)? so we know about when we can expect reports from the winners. :fisch:

I made a request via email but I got no answer :dunno:

I really hope they don't. I'm very disillusioned by this one.

I suppose I was a bit naive, but I took it at face value, no pooling points, no spamming.

The way I understood it, the competition was to reward fans who had supported and been loyal to Mika. People who have gone to gigs, bought merchandise, cds and dvds. Oh that's me, I thought, I do all of that, I'll give it a shot.

Not for people who had the time to sit on the internet all day writing comments on Mikasounds, uploading photos and videos which were not their own.

I am sure there are winners who do support Mika in the right way, but I suspect there are others who got the majority of their points using methods that didn't support Mika in any way.

It just stinks.

I agree with you :thumb_yello:

Well, I did that in June. Spent a week in Japan and went to 4 Mika gigs, for which I never got my points (even though I sent numerous emails to Mikasounds,etc...) :sneaky2:.

Lucky girl :thumb_yello: I hope that one day I would be able to go there :wub2: but I guess it will be in another life :naughty:

That really suck :blink::shocked:

I started to play at the beginning with CDs, DVDs, and some gigs ticks but when I saw that we had to spam and to upload anything on the site, I decided to stop cause I didn't wanted to enter in this kind of thing. I know I wouldn't win so I'm not disapointed but I'm really really sorry for you girls :huglove:

I was sure you would be in.

Well, even if the winners don't communicate, they will tell their closest friends they won and I bet there will be more than the 5 + their 1 people who will try to attend the gig :sneaky2:

Completely agree with Babs. I was put off by the entire thing when my pages were spammed by idiots & my pictures put up by ppl who I don't know & worst refused to take em down after repeatedly been notified.

Anyhow, I hope the winners are decent MFC members.

I agree with your comments girls.:thumb_yello: From the very begining all this thing looked a bit dodgy for me and I didn't want to take part in it. I couldn't have compete with the others for many reasons so I simply gave up.

But somehow I suspect that the winners either aren't MFC members or they became it recently, siitting on internet (mostly MS) and spend amounts of money to gain the points.

It's obviously that MS concidered the whole competition from the pure formal aspect and it sounds very mercantile to me.:dunno: It's a really shame for those who suported Mika all these years. :sneaky2:

And apart from that, I'm a bit suspicious about the private gig, cos they obviously don't respect their own rules.:mf_rosetinted:

I made a request via email but I got no answer :dunno:

I got my video message in June, so it was probably before they went a bit mad busy with this contest. It did take a while before they sent it though, and they even apologised for the delay in their email. I wasn't even expecting them to send one, so I found that funny :roftl:.

Lucky girl :thumb_yello: I hope that one day I would be able to go there :wub2: but I guess it will be in another life :naughty:

You should TOTALLY do it, I loved Japan. Best not to combine it with a Mika gig I would say though, as the crowds there were totally freaking nuts :shocked:

Well, even if the winners don't communicate, they will tell their closest friends they won and I bet there will be more than the 5 + their 1 people who will try to attend the gig :sneaky2:

Yeah, I am sure of that. They need to figure out a way to drop the cheeky chancers that just turn up!

And apart from that, I'm a bit suspicious about the private gig, cos they obviously don't respect their own rules.:mf_rosetinted:

That is one of the main problems that I see here. They have been changing rules and ad-libbing :sneaky2:

I'm not angry with those who won nor am I angry with Mika. I'm just pissed at the whole organisation of it all. In the post about the end of the competition it clearly stated that the top winners would get the gig, then 10 others the m&g and so on. As a matter of fact, this is what the terms stated:

500,000 points Private Acoustic Set with MIKA (first 5 only)

325,000 points Champagne Meet & Greet (first 10 only)

225,000 points Signed and Personalised MIKA award (first 75 only)

150,000 points Signed/Framed numbered artwork (first 150 only)

100,000 points Personalised Visual Message (first 200 only)

I was number 8th at the time of closing, but then suddenly after the 31st of October it was still going and someone knocked me back a spot. That shouldn't have happened.

Like many, I've spent a lot of time and money into this because I was naive enough to believe that they would follow their word and not change the rules along the way to fit their own benefit.

Another thing from the news entry they posted, but which has mysteriously disappeared:

"At that time, the very top players will be invited to an exclusive, intimate Mika gig. Yet more leading number nabbers will be invited to an exclusive Champagne reception with Mika himself."

What about that then?

I wouldn't care so much if I was certain I'd see him again in the near future. But I don't and all I wanted was just to see his face again.

My issue has always been that the top prizes get claimed all by the same people. So if you have got to 500.000 points, you would have already claimed all of the following:

Private Acoustic Set with MIKA (first 5 only)

Champagne Meet & Greet (first 10 only)

Signed and Personalised MIKA award (first 75 only)

Signed/Framed numbered artwork (first 150 only)

Personalised Visual Message (first 200 only)

I don't think Mika will have done 200 video messages yet, so in theory there should still be a few people with over 100,000 points who are still entitled to those. Will they ever get them?? :dunno: But it sucks for the people numbered 6-10 who really should be getting a champagne M&G and should have been emailed details....:sneaky2:

I agree with the comments about the same people getting all of the prizes.

They should ask MFC how to run a competition fairly.... I mean they couldn't even finish it at the right time. I have no idea what the actual cut off date really was.

I do wonder now though what the purpose of the competition was. I thought it was to promote Mika and reward loyal fans.

I am thinking now that it was nothing to do with Mika or loyal fans, it was about driving traffic (people) through the Mikasounds site so they could get plenty of money for the advertising they do there.

Not only was the competition badly run, but so is the site in general. There are so many spammers on there - just like the old Mikasounds - people joining who don't even know who Mika is, they're just promoting their own agendas. I also seem to remember an advertisement on there, was it for Justin Beiber's new album or something? A bit ironic when we seemed to see very little advertising by the record company for Mika's own album.

Totally disillusioned. I don't even know why I care so much any more.

I fully agree with what Bab has just said and feel the same way, except for the recent disillusionment part. I lost any expectations to be rewarded any valuable prizes (I obviously don't mean the wallpaper and the likes) 2-3 weeks into the competition when the top player already collected tens of thousands of points and a large scale spamming began.

I planned to write a bit longer about it but I am pretty busy, so for the moment I only wanted to comment on the top prizes part:

In the post about the end of the competition it clearly stated that the top winners would get the gig, then 10 others the m&g and so on. As a matter of fact, this is what the terms stated:

500,000 points Private Acoustic Set with MIKA (first 5 only)

325,000 points Champagne Meet & Greet (first 10 only)

225,000 points Signed and Personalised MIKA award (first 75 only)

150,000 points Signed/Framed numbered artwork (first 150 only)

100,000 points Personalised Visual Message (first 200 only)

My reading of it is that you need to have collected either the number of points or when they close the competition they reward the prizes to a certain number of people only (in case the number of points expected has not been reached by all).

What everyone can check on MS is that the top player has 508k points - that is basically 4-5 times the amount a player in the lower part of the top 20 has :shocked: - not sure about the top 10. So I guess it is possible that they invited the players with 325k+ and decided to provide the first 2 prizes together. That is just my guess though.

Otherwise not even the prizes make sense. Would anyone travel to a Champagne M&G for competition winners only without a gig to attend? :dunno: That would sound pretty awkward to me.

I fully agree with what Bab has just said and feel the same way, except for the recent disillusionment part. I lost any expectations to be rewarded any valuable prizes (I obviously don't mean the wallpaper and the likes) 2-3 weeks into the competition when the top player already collected tens of thousands of points and a large scale spamming began.

I planned to write a bit longer about it but I am pretty busy, so for the moment I only wanted to comment on the top prizes part:

My reading of it is that you need to have collected either the number of points or when they close the competition they reward the prizes to a certain number of people only (in case the number of points expected has not been reached by all).

What everyone can check on MS is that the top player has 508k points - that is basically 4-5 times the amount a player in the lower part of the top 20 has :shocked: - not sure about the top 10. So I guess it is possible that they invited the players with 325k+ and decided to provide the first 2 prizes together. That is just my guess though.

Otherwise not even the prizes make sense. Would anyone travel to a Champagne M&G for competition winners only without a gig to attend? :dunno: That would sound pretty awkward to me.

Agreed but what if the top player can't come? And the m&g could be done when he starts touring again.

I agree with the comments about the same people getting all of the prizes.

They should ask MFC how to run a competition fairly.... I mean they couldn't even finish it at the right time. I have no idea what the actual cut off date really was.

I do wonder now though what the purpose of the competition was. I thought it was to promote Mika and reward loyal fans.

I am thinking now that it was nothing to do with Mika or loyal fans, it was about driving traffic (people) through the Mikasounds site so they could get plenty of money for the advertising they do there.

Not only was the competition badly run, but so is the site in general. There are so many spammers on there - just like the old Mikasounds - people joining who don't even know who Mika is, they're just promoting their own agendas. I also seem to remember an advertisement on there, was it for Justin Beiber's new album or something? A bit ironic when we seemed to see very little advertising by the record company for Mika's own album.

Totally disillusioned. I don't even know why I care so much any more.

Completely with you there Bab.

What happened to the amazing new website he spoke about in that video ?

It was supposed to be hi tech and full of new and wonderful concepts!

Instead he never comes on it anymore, and it's full of promotion for things and artists that have nothing to do with him!

It's a mess!

I gave up on the Magic numbers, when I couldn't get my photos on there, never had any trouble anywhere else, due to files being too big!.

They were jpeg, and well below the size they said was the limit!

So I figured then, there was no way I would get any decent prizes. So I gave up.

It feels like his record company don't take this seriously.

agree with what you guys say about the website. mika just doesn't trust the right people with it, or maybe he has no choice because it's the record company who pays for it, and so they make the choices. :dunno: maybe it's even in his contract with them that they are in charge of the website and he doesn't have much to say there. or he does, but gave up, because they're producing way too much rubbish for anyone to take care of. :fisch: of course he can't do it himself, he has to concentrate on his music.

i believed in this game for a long time, because i talked about it with mika twice (2009 in milan and in munich), and he sounded so convinced and looked so happy about it, that i was somehow sure it'd work out like planned, that the loyal fans would be rewarded in the end. guess i should've asked him about it again last year, his reaction probably wouldn't have been as convinced and i could've stopped wasting my time+money sooner. :mf_rosetinted:

agree with what you guys say about the website. mika just doesn't trust the right people with it, or maybe he has no choice because it's the record company who pays for it, and so they make the choices. :dunno: maybe it's even in his contract with them that they are in charge of the website and he doesn't have much to say there. or he does, but gave up, because they're producing way too much rubbish for anyone to take care of. :fisch: of course he can't do it himself, he has to concentrate on his music.

i believed in this game for a long time, because i talked about it with mika twice (2009 in milan and in munich), and he sounded so convinced and looked so happy about it, that i was somehow sure it'd work out like planned, that the loyal fans would be rewarded in the end. guess i should've asked him about it again last year, his reaction probably wouldn't have been as convinced and i could've stopped wasting my time+money sooner. :mf_rosetinted:

Erm... He was telling us that we would get points for posting (presumably on MFC) so the way he sounded so unsure about everything should have caused alarm bells ringing in our ears :roftl:

I agree that he sounded very happy and excited about it, but in all honesty, he also sounded like he had no clue of how it would all work, and he even said "we'll see, it's all very new" which was the warning that we should have noticed then.

Yeah, he was always very excited about the game, but it was quite obvious that he had no idea how it was going to work anyway. It all sounded very idealistic IMO and not realistic at all. Typical Mika :naughty:

Well, I've been reading this thread but haven't said much, because

you've all been saying a lot of what I have thought and am still thinking

and feeling.

I'm as upset as anyone at how the MMN program was organized --

there were a LOT of things that I'm sure I would have done differently!

But even if there were people who won their top prizes in less than

desirable ways, I also know there were others who played with honesty

and integrity who deserved to win. I certainly don't want them to feel

bad in any way -- I want them to enjoy their special gig and the special

time they're going to have with Mika! I'm very excited for them, and

even though I wish I were going to be among them, I'm happy to know

that at least THEY will be having a fantastic time! :yay:

On another note, I was upset to hear that some of you who earned 100,000+

points hadn't received your prizes yet. So I reached out to our contacts

with Mika's team, who have assured me that you will indeed get your

video messages and signed artwork. As we all know, Mika has been a bit

busy and traveling, and putting these things together takes some time

-- so while we don't have a definitive timetable, you WILL

be getting those prizes eventually. I know it sounds lame, but all I

can say is "be patient." :thumb_yello:

Erm... He was telling us that we would get points for posting (presumably on MFC) so the way he sounded so unsure about everything should have caused alarm bells ringing in our ears :roftl:

I agree that he sounded very happy and excited about it, but in all honesty, he also sounded like he had no clue of how it would all work, and he even said "we'll see, it's all very new" which was the warning that we should have noticed then.

Yeah, he was always very excited about the game, but it was quite obvious that he had no idea how it was going to work anyway. It all sounded very idealistic IMO and not realistic at all. Typical Mika :naughty:

:roftl:

*wonders a little off*

Maybe he got a twitter account not just cause it was fashionable as he said, but also cause he could take full control of it :dunno:

With the old website it was him the one to post things and everything was alright, but now...

I can remember so well, he was so happy, happy as a small boy, but he definitely had no clue what would happen :roftl: Typical Mika indeed :wub2:

and feeling.

If MS was at least half as organized as MFC it would work very well! :huglove: Thanks Deb, I hope they will send the prizes in the end!

Well, yes, of course, that goes without saying :thumb_yello:. I totally feel the same, and am genuinely happy for them.

:roftl:

*wonders a little off*

Maybe he got a twitter account not just cause it was fashionable as he said, but also cause he could take full control of it :dunno:

With the old website it was him the one to post things and everything was alright, but now...

Hmmm...I don't know...I just think that he gets excited about the 'idea' or concept of the thing but then implementing it is a different matter. But I don't know :dunno:

I can remember so well, he was so happy, happy as a small boy, but he definitely had no clue what would happen :roftl: Typical Mika indeed :wub2:

Yeah, it was cute for sure but really, quite a confusing message that he was delivering :naughty:

yeah, *should* have noticed. you're lucky if you did, i didn't. :rolls_eyes: too bad that i share his idealistic view in many ways, i'm easy to enthuse. :aah::teehee:

and feeling.

that's good news about the 100,000+ prizes, thanx. :thumb_yello: and of course i'm happy for every winner who earned their magic numbers without spamming or stealing pictures/videos, they truly deserved it and i can't wait to hear their reports! :biggrin2:

thank you so much, Deb! :huglove:

Just connected to Mikasounds.com and discovered that everything about the Magic points has disapeared... :boxed:

I was still earning points for posting this morning... :roftl:

:blink:

It's true!!!

Well, the screensaver never worked, but I liked the other things that had (animations) and not all the things I have in the computer because it was dead

Archived