Not everything needs a thread

48 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnlyLeo said:

I’m back! After a rather long and busy time I am back on my Mika obsession! Something exciting that happened: I auditioned for a musical, and for my song I decided to sing Pick Up Off The Floor. I really hope it went well and I’m still waiting on the results. We will see if I got a solo or not!

An interesting song to choose for an audition

5 hours ago, silver said:

An interesting song to choose for an audition

Yeah, I guess it is! I’m an alto, so my voice can’t hit a lot of high notes (I’m guessing Mika can sing higher than I can :naughty:) but I can sing low quite well. Plus, I felt like I could put a lot of dramatic emotion into that song.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TheOneAndOnlyLeo said:

Yeah, I guess it is! I’m an alto, so my voice can’t hit a lot of high notes (I’m guessing Mika can sing higher than I can :naughty:) but I can sing low quite well.

Oh I get it I'm a mezzo and love singing that song but my goodness even I can't hit some of those high notes reliably. Won't stop me from trying though :D

But good luck, keep us posted!!

• Like 3

On 10/24/2023 at 11:59 AM, TheOneAndOnlyLeo said:

I’m back! After a rather long and busy time I am back on my Mika obsession! Something exciting that happened: I auditioned for a musical, and for my song I decided to sing Pick Up Off The Floor. I really hope it went well and I’m still waiting on the results. We will see if I got a solo or not!

Update: I did get a solo!! Well, everyone who auditioned got a solo, but I’m pretty happy with mine. It was definitely the Mika song that enticed the judges…

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TheOneAndOnlyLeo said:

Update: I did get a solo!! Well, everyone who auditioned got a solo, but I’m pretty happy with mine. It was definitely the Mika song that enticed the judges…

Congratulations on getting a solo! :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

Had a grown man wearing make-up vacuum my stair case and living room on Friday.

It was weird.

Lovely. But weird.

And I'm not giving any context for this, I'm gonna leave you all guessing! :biggrin2:

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Hero said:

It's already weird without the makeup. :naughty:

True! The eyeliner he was wearing though, it really made his eyes pop!

7 hours ago, Svampsoppa said:

@TinyLove_CJ

I was thinking your story out loud. And my mother gave me her answer in one second: Freddie Mercury. Hahahahaha.:lmfao:Screenshot_20231029-1640252.thumb.png.aea9d1a3637a8464fa6c457ac330e14e.png

My day would have been a 1000 times better if the guy turned up dressed like this! 😁

There were actually two guys in my house on Friday. The one with make-up and another with a fake tan.

Still not giving context for this... :naughty:

26 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

here were actually two guys in my house on Friday. The one with make-up and another with a fake tan.

Still not giving context for this... :naughty:

Hmm... how do you know it was fake tan..? :naughty:

Workmen tidying up after themselves? Had some new windows or carpets put in?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hero said:

Hmm... how do you know it was fake tan..? :naughty:

He was far too orange for that to be natural! 😅

10 hours ago, Hero said:

Workmen tidying up after themselves? Had some new windows or carpets put in?

I had a new boiler fitted! (why do they always break down when you need them most?! :hair:)

Never again. They were here for 7 1/2 hours! 

But they did a good job and tidied up after themselves and now I have heating and a digital thermostat that I don't understand yet 😅

• Like 1

Hi everyone! Loving the brief Freddie discussion on this thread, I guess we can all try a little Freddie in our lives :roftl:

Been busy with work and life that I haven't had a chance to stare at this place yet. I'm in the process of looking for a new job actually and I've just been listening to TBWKTM on loop as I do. Thank god for Mika!

• Like 2

Oh, good, a place to post this. I was reading an article on award winning photos of dogs and for some IMG_0885.thumb.jpeg.cf1dd3440f17ed928e5b8c54aad559b1.jpegreason this one reminded me of a certain adorable singer who likes to shake his cute little butt at us when he sings….

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2023 at 9:17 PM, emilynxlan said:

Hi everyone! Loving the brief Freddie discussion on this thread, I guess we can all try a little Freddie in our lives :roftl:

Been busy with work and life that I haven't had a chance to stare at this place yet. I'm in the process of looking for a new job actually and I've just been listening to TBWKTM on loop as I do. Thank god for Mika!

No luck so far :crybaby:  I found an apprenticeship though that I'm hoping I can get an interview for as I really poured my heart into it. It's hard out here in 2023 isn't it? :( 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Hero said:

So sad to see the news from Prague today. My thoughts are with the victims families, and anyone affected by it. :sad:

Yes, agreed.

Mass shootings have become so common in the US  that they barely make headlines any more. 

• Sad 2

On 11/14/2023 at 3:29 PM, emilynxlan said:

No luck so far :crybaby:  I found an apprenticeship though that I'm hoping I can get an interview for as I really poured my heart into it. It's hard out here in 2023 isn't it? :( 

I decide to drop the application as the commute will be hell to me. Interviewed with somewhere else that only asked questions that existing employees would only know the answer too. On top of all that I'm currently really unwell. Oh well! 

22 hours ago, Hero said:

So sad to see the news from Prague today. My thoughts are with the victims families, and anyone affected by it. :sad:

Absolutely heartbreaking to hear.

• Sad 2

25 minutes ago, emilynxlan said:

I decide to drop the application as the commute will be hell to me. Interviewed with somewhere else that only asked questions that existing employees would only know the answer too. On top of all that I'm currently really unwell. Oh well! 

Boy, can I relate. Job hunting can be exhausting, traumatizing, an assault on self esteem—-when you’re strong and healthy!!!! It’s so hard to make clear decisions too. Good for you for making one, and hope things work out for you. One foot after another…..:yes:

Edited by QueenBigFat
And did I mention frustrating frightening upsetting and frustrating? And frustrating?!

On 12/22/2023 at 6:16 PM, QueenBigFat said:

Boy, can I relate. Job hunting can be exhausting, traumatizing, an assault on self esteem—-when you’re strong and healthy!!!! It’s so hard to make clear decisions too. Good for you for making one, and hope things work out for you. One foot after another…..:yes:

Gotta keep going to get to the goal - gotta keep going to have lots of money for Mika tour merch! 😂

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...