Not everything needs a thread

1 minute ago, Prisca said:

Yes, mine are not that old. I bought them during Black Friday 2020, I think. :teehee:

I saw a decent one in the sale a while ago but didn't buy it because I was saving for Christmas, can't find it anywhere now! Should have bought it as a Christmas present to myself! 

Did you buy the SSD version? They look great for what I need but they're also nearly double the price of a HDD version 🙃

15 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Did you buy the SSD version? They look great for what I need but they're also nearly double the price of a HDD version 🙃

I found my notes from back then. I had bought the hard drives at the end of November 2019. Time flies :blink:. It's an HDD version. :original:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Prisca said:

I found my notes from back then. I had bought the hard drives at the end of November 2019. Time flies :blink:. It's an HDD version. :original:

I've gone for a 350gb one that will do me for a simple back up device, then I'm planning on taking my laptop to a repair shop to upgrade the internal hard drive. My laptop works fine, it could just do with being a bit faster! 😅

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hero said:

Is anyone else hooked on Wordle? I love it!

https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/

A new game every 24 hours, 6 attempts to guess the word. It's so simple, and free, but done really well. :yes:

Yes, i'm addicted! I saw folks on FB posting so much about it for a couple weeks, but I was hesitant because I thought it was an app or something so I only started playing like a week ago.  I love the simplicity of it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silver said:

Sadly Wordle has been sold to the New York Times.  They say it will continue as a free game "for now", but it sounds like they will put it behind their paywall eventually

Dammit. Best make the most of it then!

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Totally hooked too! Got today's in 3 guesses, my best so far! 😁

3 for me too. :thumb_yello:

MFC now has over 24,000 members. :yay:

grafik.png.fab0e98e8413d20fb91041a8166bfc1d.png

Funny how the numbers always shoot up when there's a presale here. :teehee:  :lol3:

And apparently we have a member who is 112 years old:lmfao::

grafik.png.308543f5ef817934644d9300e657be08.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

34 minutes ago, BeccaStardust said:

So as I was saying I had been having issues getting on all the websites for work which I now have 

and I thin have now asked for time off in both April (fo my graduation ) and July (mika) so I’m less stressed about that now 

saying this theres a document which needs to be completed tomorrow that I can access yet so thats fun

I see the transition of Wordle to the New York Times has happened and so far it's still free! Hoping it stays that way 🙏 

Got today's in 2 guesses! 😁

Quite like the Tile game too...

• Like 1

Have now booked both off as needed and been approved however my mums annoyed that I didn’t book my actual birthday  

And I just wanted to say well it’s your own fault for pretty much forcing us to move and splitting up with my dad In the first place

like she doesn’t work Saturday (which my birthday is) she could come here and I’d still see her 

(I’ve blamed my mum more in the divorce then my dad even tho I’m okay with it and know they are both happy now I think I’ve held more resentment to my mum as from my POV she just left after getting a job that was live in, I was at uni at the Time)

Sorry I’m just ranting 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, krysady said:

It feels surreal what happens at the Ukrainian border, like a bad movie... I am so sorry for Ukrainian people, it's unbelievable that this s**t happens in Europe in 2022, absolutely horrible :no:

Very surreal! It's been on the news non stop all week, it's scary to think that Russia could do anything at anytime!

I don't really know what Russia's motive is though, why would they even want to invade Ukraine?

I really feel for all the innocent citizens that might have the evacuate :(

• Like 2

2 hours ago, krysady said:

It feels surreal what happens at the Ukrainian border, like a bad movie... I am so sorry for Ukrainian people, it's unbelievable that this s**t happens in Europe in 2022, absolutely horrible :no:

It is horrible. The people in that region are facing dreadful uncertainty. I'm not familiar with the politics behind it, but oil and trading routes seem to be part of it. I've just seen an Economist title stating that if there is a war, few Russians expect it. Putin seems to be painting the west as the aggressors - bit rich when it's his troops massing on the border! I just hope that if there is an invasion, it is as bloodless as possible - no need for people to die over such a reason. 

• Like 2

The Russians are afraid that Ukraine will join NATO, becoming (as they see it) a direct threat on their border.  NATO is supposed to be a joint defence treaty and therefore non-aggressive, so I think Putin has nothing to fear.  The view of the NATO countries is that Ukraine is free to choose its own destiny and may not want to join NATO anyway (though of course secretly they would probably like it to).

However Putin is old-school and would like to recreate the Soviet Union, or at least the Russian empire of old.  I don't know if he actually represents the views of most Russians or not (I suspect not, as most people just want to get on with life).

In fact I'm pretty sure that most people have enough problems in life not to want wars as well.  But the men with guns tend to get their way

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

It's been on the news non stop all week, it's scary to think that Russia could do anything at anytime!

Today they said on our TV news that it's expected to happen on Wednesday, judging by the moves of the Russian troupes.

20 minutes ago, silver said:

I don't know if he actually represents the views of most Russians or not (I suspect not, as most people just want to get on with life).

This is a good question, but probably the Russians are not even allowed to freely express their opinion, so it's hard to tell.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I don't really know what Russia's motive is though, why would they even want to invade Ukraine?

It's Russia, that's the only motive they need...

Recently someone quoted on Twitter our former president Václav Havel who said years ago: “I think that after many centuries there is a kind of Russian problem: that Russia doesn’t know exactly where it begins and where it ends.”

I thought it's very fitting. :sad:

(Just to clarify, with Russia I mean the official representation, not the majority of people who live there...)

Edited by giraffeandy
  • Like 4