Not everything needs a thread

Sorry I'm back being stressed 

So I've been at my new job a month now and really enjoying it 

Tomorrow tho my bosses have a meeting all day so are leaving me in Charge (As the only other Paid employee, Its a charity shop so volunteers )) I understand they think I'm confident otherwise they wouldn't leave me (I have been in on my own for about 30 mins but not the while day)  But I'm really worried about doing something wrong or feeling like I need help 

I feel like i'm either going to F up or just have a panic attack in the shop

17 hours ago, BeccaStardust said:

Sorry I'm back being stressed 

So I've been at my new job a month now and really enjoying it 

Tomorrow tho my bosses have a meeting all day so are leaving me in Charge (As the only other Paid employee, Its a charity shop so volunteers )) I understand they think I'm confident otherwise they wouldn't leave me (I have been in on my own for about 30 mins but not the while day)  But I'm really worried about doing something wrong or feeling like I need help 

I feel like i'm either going to F up or just have a panic attack in the shop

I know saying don't worry is easier said than done but I'm sure your day will go fine. Take your boss leaving you in charge as a positive, they clearly trust you enough to leave you for longer than 30 minutes, and that's a big deal for any new job. 

Are you allowed to play music at work? You could always play your favourite tracks quietly in the background to help you relax.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I know saying don't worry is easier said than done but I'm sure your day will go fine. Take your boss leaving you in charge as a positive, they clearly trust you enough to leave you for longer than 30 minutes, and that's a big deal for any new job. 

Are you allowed to play music at work? You could always play your favourite tracks quietly in the background to help you relax.

So just got home from  work and it really wasn’t that bad thank you for the advice tho 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BeccaStardust said:

Just want to say hope anyone in the Uk isn’t too affected by the storms today 

I’m in an amber warning where I am but don’t think it’ll be awful here 

I'm in an amber area too, the rain started this morning at around 6am, it's not been as bad as I thought it would be, so far no severe gales. That could all change in a few hours though. I've made sure my garden is secure just in case!

Really hope everyone in a red warning area can stay safe and get help if they need it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I'm in an amber area too, the rain started this morning at around 6am, it's not been as bad as I thought it would be, so far no severe gales. That could all change in a few hours though. I've made sure my garden is secure just in case!

Really hope everyone in a red warning area can stay safe and get help if they need it. 

It hasn’t been too bad here 

I still follow stuff from the area I’m from which is a red area and seen pictures of walls coming Down and a roof falling 

I hope people south are safe 

• Like 1

On 2/21/2022 at 8:07 PM, Hero said:

Just passed a white van with the phrase "Removals - we move ANYthing, ANYwhere!"

HMM.Well if they want a challenge... my arse, to the gym. :uhno:

I thought you want to move Mika to your home... 

• Haha 3

Just had a haircut this week and caught myself thinking „so it will look good in April!“ (takes a few weeks with me :facepalm:)

Also seriously had to buy new running shoes, caught myself thinking „so I can run with them in Central Park!“

Decided to clean up my wardrobe and get a few new things, caught myself thinking „so I have some nice things I can wear it in April!“

Yeah so ehm: I think I’m REALLY looking forward to April :lol3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Just had a haircut this week and caught myself thinking „so it will look good in April!“ (takes a few weeks with me :facepalm:)

Also seriously had to buy new running shoes, caught myself thinking „so I can run with them in Central Park!“

Decided to clean up my wardrobe and get a few new things, caught myself thinking „so I have some nice things I can wear it in April!“

Yeah so ehm: I think I’m REALLY looking forward to April :lol3:

That's exactly what I did before Paris. New haircut, new boots, new clothes. :lol3: You're on holiday, make the most of it! :lustslow:

• Like 2

How Does one tell someone (my dad) that they don't want their fiance to move in without telling them

Its not that I don't like her, Quite the opposite Shes nice but I don't want him to remarry or have her move in cause everything will change and I don't want things to change 

Maybe It Just makes me feel Lonely cause I don't have anyone, all my friends are busy, my other friend only really talks about her boyfriend (whose like 10 years older if not more). I found a rollerskating thing which Im going to try and go to but its at risk of shutting down and I dont want to try and join just for it to close 

I feel like Im ranting everywhere and I also don't feel like I should as there much bigger problems in the world now

sorry theres also probly a better topic 

8 minutes ago, BeccaStardust said:

How Does one tell someone (my dad) that they don't want their fiance to move in without telling them

Its not that I don't like her, Quite the opposite Shes nice but I don't want him to remarry or have her move in cause everything will change and I don't want things to change 

Maybe It Just makes me feel Lonely cause I don't have anyone, all my friends are busy, my other friend only really talks about her boyfriend (whose like 10 years older if not more). I found a rollerskating thing which Im going to try and go to but its at risk of shutting down and I dont want to try and join just for it to close 

I feel like Im ranting everywhere and I also don't feel like I should as there much bigger problems in the world now

sorry theres also probly a better topic 

You have hit the nail on the head, "everything will change".  It's very hard to handle change - I always hate it - but after a while you become used to the new way.  You may even find some things become better - change doesn't have to be for the worse.

You are also very aware that you feel lonely and it's good that you are already thinking of things you could try socially.  Even if the rollerskating closes down, you may have made a new friend by then.

I know this may seem a cliche, but have you thought about evening classes?  It doesn't have to be an academic subject, just something that interests you.  Most friendships grow out of shared interests (look at all the friends who met through MFC :naughty: )

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, silver said:

And just talk to your dad about the situation.  If you feel you can't say things to him, write them down in a note for him to read.

I:can’t say anything till Wednesday ethier way (she’s staying up here currently ) and I don’t want to cause an issue now.  I also want him to be happy  

ive never been great with change moreso since my parents split (as much as they argued it was unexpected) so I think I just overthink  more since

there’s a girl I get on with at work but I don’t know how to ask if she’d want to meet up (I tried to find her on Facebook but think I spelt her name wrong )

I tried to to find the library the other day but I don’t think it exists but yeah evening classes I have thought about esp since college is opposite work 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On Monday I looked out of the window and wondered why the air looked so orange. Am I hallucinating now. :blink:

grafik.thumb.png.060ba62dcc64bbceaa4c6e4a7f9177d6.png

It wasn't as bright orange as my laptop in night mode but it was weird and it was in the air and in the morning not in the evening. :lol3:

A few hours later, I found out what it was (those who watched IG Live yesterday will know what it was): Sahara dust. :lol3:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

On Monday I looked out of the window and wondered why the air looked so orange. Am I hallucinating now. :blink:

It wasn't as bright orange as my laptop in night mode but it was weird and it was in the air and in the morning not in the evening. :lol3:

A few hours later, I found out what it was (those who watched IG Live yesterday will know what it was): Sahara dust. :lol3:

Wow, that's very weird. It looks like an orange filter. A little redder and you could be on Mars. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hero said:

Wow, that's very weird. It looks like an orange filter. A little redder and you could be on Mars. 

For me, it wasn't exactly that bright orange, but similar. :lol3:

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

This is how looks the south of Spain too and In the north in the Pyrenees the snow looked like this.

vallnord_54.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

This is how looks the south of Spain too and In the north in the Pyrenees the snow looked like this.

vallnord_54.jpg

That's crazy :eek:, here the snow looks more like this:

grafik.thumb.png.ffee8fbfa759d447c5cd63ad202e2cfc.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Prisca said:

That's crazy :eek:, here the snow looks more like this:

grafik.thumb.png.ffee8fbfa759d447c5cd63ad202e2cfc.png

Looks like caramel ripple ice cream. :licks_lips: Very pretty markings.

All this talk of dust storms reminded me of this. Love it when they all crack up. :lmfao:

• Haha 1