MIKA in Compiègne, France - 9 July 2011

Christine

Re the early queueing, I have been told that some people disappeared once they got their numbers and were not seen again until 5pm when they turned up to claim their places :sneaky2:

That just makes a mockery of the whole system.

I'm thinking of employing someone to queue for me, then I needn't turn up at all until the gig starts :wink2:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that is certainly not how it is meant to work, I mean, they haven't even bothered with stand-ins:wink2:

The hardest thing is that they all have to sort it out amongst themselves when people come back to their "places", it it could get dirty:sneaky2:

A pic of the soundcheck I believe. Not that we see a lot :roftl:

http://yfrog.com/kgoyrgaj

mynameisMilouz Dj Milouz

J'attends que Mika termine des balances et après je fais les miennes #mikacompiegne yfrog.com/kgoyrgaj

Feels awesome to see Meeks sound-checking himself! God, I'm sure this gig will be epic. Thanks for the pic :wink2:

Here's a pic of the stage:

http://yfrog.com/z/kl7dfjj

:wink2:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? :shocked: Now I feel so so so bad for not being there. That set design is the best set design in a pop concert EVER. OH YES.

Yeah that is certainly not how it is meant to work, I mean, they haven't even bothered with stand-ins:wink2:

The hardest thing is that they all have to sort it out amongst themselves when people come back to their "places", it it could get dirty:sneaky2:

I'm told it is already pretty unpleasant.

Feels awesome to see Meeks sound-checking himself! God, I'm sure this gig will be epic. Thanks for the pic :wink2:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? :shocked: Now I feel so so so bad for not being there. That set design is the best set design in a pop concert EVER. OH YES.

It does look amazing :teehee: Just looks a bit messy at the sides...

As much as many of us have succumbed to the stupidity of early queuing, with the earliest I (once) queued from was around 6 am, for very particular reasons, I can safely say that I will never queue before that and not having slept. It's just not worth it in my book. You end up wrecked, dirty, and totally not in the frame of mind to enjoy a gig.

Yes, I basically only slept 2 times 30 mins AFTER last night's gig for various reasons and even though I have better periods, most of the time I just feel like a zombie, and I am even staggering when I walk :roftl: So I can't imagine fans having had no sleep BEFORE a gig can have a great time unless having a great time at a concert means standing still by the barrier and staring at a popstar. :pinkbow:

At the same time, however, I don't think that all the people who apparently came to queue the day before actually spent the night there. I remember someone mentioning here / on twitter earlier today that the number of people waiting there in the morning was much smaller than the last number in the list :blink:, which basically means that some of them did go back to their hotel and had a sleep while the others were waiting. :shocked:

It does look amazing :teehee: Just looks a bit messy at the sides...

True that :roftl: But hopefully they will fix it out and with some pretty lights and Meeks on stage, those messy sides will be easily forgotten :naughty:

Aaaaaaaa it is sooooooo stunning!!! If it will be the best f*ck off album, the show has to be the same!!!

OMG I'm so excited I can't wait!!!

Exactly what I thought! I mean, if he keeps just a bit of this 18th century vibe and adds it to his new record, than that would make my life complete. Mika + 18th century = deadly combo for me :drool:

True that :roftl: But hopefully they will fix it out and with some pretty lights and Meeks on stage, those messy sides will be easily forgotten :naughty:

Exactly what I thought! I mean, if he keeps just a bit of this 18th century vibe and adds it to his new record, than that would make my life complete. Mika + 18th century = deadly combo for me :drool:

Yes, noble Mika is killing bomb.

from twitter

@tiibet Never seen anything this badly organized. So disappointed.

@ysa83 organisation de merde jusqu'au bout #rocksquare !

@evagerle **** Rocksquareprod big **** XD

seems something's seriously wrong with organization :huh:

from twitter

@tiibet Never seen anything this badly organized. So disappointed.

@ysa83 organisation de merde jusqu'au bout #rocksquare !

@evagerle **** Rocksquareprod big **** XD

seems something's seriously wrong with organization :huh:

More...

@LidiaStars I'm so so so angry rihght now!!! But reallyreally angry!!! They didn't respect the numbers!!! Ahhhrrrgggg!!!

Archived