The Looking For Something Thread - Part II!

I'm looking for a quote from Mika. It was something like that it is the worst thing if the audience thinks music/a song is only 'okay' and that it is better if they really like or really hate it.

Yes, it was something like that. Unfortunately I can't remember where I read it either :doh:

does anyone have the video of the clip of Mika in the dollars shirt at 0:38
i don't recall seeing it anywhere before. what is he doing? :lol3:

:thumb_yello:

thanks in advance for your help!

so... no one?

I'm looking for a quote from Mika. It was something like that it is the worst thing if the audience thinks music/a song is only 'okay' and that it is better if they really like or really hate it.

was it a quote from a video or was it in print? i seem to recall a video where He said something like this ...i'll look for it tonight.

also, is there a thread that lists all Mika's tourdates throughout the years? a fansite maybe? i got the list from mikasounds.com but i'm sure it's missing some dates; the Parc Des Princes gig is a glaringly obvious one :doh: But what about older dates especially?

Yes, it was something like that. Unfortunately I can't remember where I read it either :doh:

so... no one?

was it a quote from a video or was it in print? i seem to recall a video where He said something like this ...i'll look for it tonight.

also, is there a thread that lists all Mika's tourdates throughout the years? a fansite maybe? i got the list from mikasounds.com but i'm sure it's missing some dates; the Parc Des Princes gig is a glaringly obvious one :doh: But what about older dates especially?

It was that one he says; "My music is like mackarel and tomato sauce, or you love it or you f*ckin hate it'' ???

MFC has a calendar for all Mika events, not just gigs :biggrin2:http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/calendar.php

Not sure if that's what you're looking for :blush-anim-cl:

It was that one he says; "My music is like mackarel and tomato sauce, or you love it or you f*ckin hate it'' ???

Thanks for all your help and thanks for your quote, but that is not the one I'm looking for. That it is the worst thing that could happen is to get the reaction "good"/"okay" was part of the quote for sure.

Sadly I can't remember if it was printed or video.

Thanks for all your help and thanks for your quote, but that is not the one I'm looking for. That it is the worst thing that could happen is to get the reaction "good"/"okay" was part of the quote for sure.

Sadly I can't remember if it was printed or video.

I know what you mean, I saw it on the 'Live in Cartoon Motion' DVD.

So that's where it's from. :thumb_yello:

I know what you mean, I saw it on the 'Live in Cartoon Motion' DVD.

So that's where it's from. :thumb_yello:

Yes, that was the quote I was looking for! Thank you!!!

Smilie_Danke.gif

"When I was sending out my demos I'd get calls from people saying 'This is great, well done, you're really talented'. And then I'd get calls from other people going 'This is absolutely hideous, what are you doing, stop sending me stuff'. I just kind of rubbed my hands together and kept on going, you know, there is another door I had to knock on. But because some people love it, some people hate it, it's quite empowering. You never want people to go 'Oh, it's just okay', if everyone went 'It's just okay' that would be the worst."

And btw a good excuse to watch the documentary again :naughty:

Wanted!!!

Girls, do you have an audio file of Paleo gig? I have full video, but I don't know how to get an audio from it.

Found!! :biggrin2:
On Paléo's site they put an excellent quality audio of the whole concert

http://yeah.paleo.ch/fr/sound/12531

here's a download link, if you wish

it's a big file, almost 100 Mb

http://www.mediafire.com/?m7ne4oht7str3pj

Yes, that was the quote I was looking for! Thank you!!!

Smilie_Danke.gif

"When I was sending out my demos I'd get calls from people saying 'This is great, well done, you're really talented'. And then I'd get calls from other people going 'This is absolutely hideous, what are you doing, stop sending me stuff'. I just kind of rubbed my hands together and kept on going, you know, there is another door I had to knock on. But because some people love it, some people hate it, it's quite empowering. You never want people to go 'Oh, it's just okay', if everyone went 'It's just okay' that would be the worst."

And btw a good excuse to watch the documentary again :naughty:

My pleasure :blush-anim-cl: