The Looking For Something Thread - Part II!

34 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

That wasn't only at one gig although many not enough to be an official tour?

There are only 2 instances that I can think of where he wore the period clothing, Seoul 2011 and the festival Bestfest in Bucharest 2011.

I think in 2011 he did more festival dates than an actual named tour.

11 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

There are only 2 instances that I can think of where he wore the period clothing, Seoul 2011 and the festival Bestfest in Bucharest 2011.

No it was definitely more than that. From a quick yt search I also found Seoul, Schaffhausen, Paléo Festival, Mares Vivas Festival and Liège.

He was wearing "normal" clothes at the Bestfest in Bucharest though :D

But anyway, you're right they were all festival dates.

• Like 1

So he really went all out during the festivals then! Cause I remember he had actual stage pieces for it too, like paintings on the wall and stuff if I recall correctly, and Ida had that whole wig and a big dress and everything... it deserves a name, maybe he can name it retrospectively or we can come up with something 😂

Also ty! I didn't realise the tours were listed on Wikipedia. I also wonder what the difference between the 1955 tour and the Imaginarium Tour is, cause it doesn't show many results on Youtube, only an interview with him about the stage decoration which looks a lot like that of the Imaginarium Tour 🤔. Maybe that was more of a prequel to Imaginarium 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CharlotteL said:

All I saw was the images of him wearing the fancy red jacket at this gig, but it looks like he didn't wear any of the other outfits while there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

Mhm that's still missing the tour @Jaela Is talking about though, the one in 2011 with the period clothing.

That wasn't only at one gig although many not enough to be an official tour?

It was one gig in France in Compiegne and  then several  in Asia I believe

• Like 1

I'm looking for good close up pictures of the wing piano. If anyone took pictures or videos during the AC tour where you had a view of the front of the piano can you please share them with me?

And I don't mind what angle just as long as I can see the keys and where it says WING, can be pictures with or without the rainbow. Thanks 😊 

About the tours ... I think kind of an unofficial name for the 2011 gigs was the Marie Antoinette set. It started with one gig in Compiègne which got (comparably) big advertising as a special event, and then he brought this set to several festivals (the ones I went to were Liège and Schaffhausen, but there were some more that summer).

The 1955 tour was sort of the preparation for the Imaginarium tour, a smaller version of it. He had certain parts of the set already (like the planets), but others were new for 2010 (especially the big book). Also the setlist was different, for example he played One Foot Boy and PUOTF in 2009, but not in 2010.

The Imaginarium Tour had different sets. There was the first part, where he had the book in the bigger venues and the book projections on a videoscreen in the smaller ones. And the 2nd part, I think starting in April, was the big arenas, where he added the planets again and the space suit, the dragon, the rocket, Ida's Queen of the Night costume and much more. For these, the book was hidden behind a starry curtain for the first part of the gig.

Then it changed again for the 2010 festivals, which weren't really part of the tour anymore, but had a similar setlist iirc - he kept some of the props, depending on the venue size & location. It changed between a flower backdrop (e.g. Codroipo) and a clown backdrop (e.g. Cattolica), sometimes with a flower piano, he kept the tree in the bigger venues (e.g. Riga), I think also the Billy Brown flag, and some other things.

Edit: I just looked it up on Youtube, I think Riga was the Imaginarium set, as it wasn't a festival but a separate gig. But in Helsinki, which was also a gig, the venue was too small, so he just had some flower decorations and no book or backdrop. Well... he did bring the big doll, which filled the whole stage :lmfao:

Btw, if you ever need a full list on one page of all the previous gigs, I made one for my German website. Maybe I should add the tour names, but it gets confusing with something like the 2010 summer gigs. 😅 

https://mikafanclub.de/index.php/mika-tour/tour-archiv 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I'm looking for good close up pictures of the wing piano. If anyone took pictures or videos during the AC tour where you had a view of the front of the piano can you please share them with me?

And I don't mind what angle just as long as I can see the keys and where it says WING, can be pictures with or without the rainbow. Thanks 😊 

Don't know if it's useful for your purpose, but I've got this one 😊

PXL_20240402_202350532~2.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jaela said:

So he really went all out during the festivals then! Cause I remember he had actual stage pieces for it too, like paintings on the wall and stuff if I recall correctly, and Ida had that whole wig and a big dress and everything... it deserves a name, maybe he can name it retrospectively or we can come up with something 😂

Also ty! I didn't realise the tours were listed on Wikipedia. I also wonder what the difference between the 1955 tour and the Imaginarium Tour is, cause it doesn't show many results on Youtube, only an interview with him about the stage decoration which looks a lot like that of the Imaginarium Tour 🤔. Maybe that was more of a prequel to Imaginarium 

he had a real chandelier too I think?

None of the summer festival dates are part of tours usually and it makes me so annoyed when trying to figure out to refer to them when I’m doing the Mika encyclopedia thing. 

i do wish he would’ve used that set and costumes for some proper tour dates, but it was a great idea for festivals. Must’ve made his show so memorable compared to the standard festival acts.

13 minutes ago, mellody said:

About the tours ... I think kind of an unofficial name for the 2011 gigs was the Marie Antoinette set. It started with one gig in Compiègne which got (comparably) big advertising as a special event, and then he brought this set to several festivals (the ones I went to were Liège and Schaffhausen, but there were some more that summer).

The 1955 tour was sort of the preparation for the Imaginarium tour, a smaller version of it. He had certain parts of the set already (like the planets), but others were new for 2010 (especially the big book). Also the setlist was different, for example he played One Foot Boy and PUOTF in 2009, but not in 2010.

The Imaginarium Tour had different sets. There was the first part, where he had the book in the bigger venues and the book projections on a videoscreen in the smaller ones. And the 2nd part, I think starting in April, was the big arenas, where he added the planets again and the space suit, the dragon, the rocket, Ida's Queen of the Night costume and much more. For these, the book was hidden behind a starry curtain for the first part of the gig.

Then it changed again for the 2010 festivals, which weren't really part of the tour anymore, but had a similar setlist iirc - he kept some of the props, depending on the venue size & location. It changed between a flower backdrop (e.g. Codroipo) and a clown backdrop (e.g. Cattolica), sometimes with a flower piano, he kept the tree in the bigger venues (e.g. Riga), I think also the Billy Brown flag, and some other things.

Edit: I just looked it up on Youtube, I think Riga was the Imaginarium set, as it wasn't a festival but a separate gig. But in Helsinki, which was also a gig, the venue was too small, so he just had some flower decorations and no book or backdrop. Well... he did bring the big doll, which filled the whole stage :lmfao:

Btw, if you ever need a full list on one page of all the previous gigs, I made one for my German website. Maybe I should add the tour names, but it gets confusing with something like the 2010 summer gigs. 😅 

https://mikafanclub.de/index.php/mika-tour/tour-archiv 

thanks for explaining the differences Karin. It really helps to hear it from someone who was there. I though another difference was the 1955 concerts started with Ian Mckellen on tv and the band on the couch then Mika in the air as the astronaut, or was there some overlap of that into the Imaginarium shows?

I have a spreadsheet with all Mika’s previous concerts linked in the Mikapedia too… although it needs updates with some of the 2023/2024 dates 😬 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1RbF0qnm5veYKqr5P7D_bOGLlMjNedRWya77DJSKZykk/htmlview?pli=1

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Vero Bott said:

Don't know if it's useful for your purpose, but I've got this one 😊

PXL_20240402_202350532~2.jpg

This is great for the perspective I need for the word WING, thank you!

27 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Thanks a million  :flowers2: :hug: I love it :wub2: @TinyLove_CJ Do you have the piano view you need by any chance?.

I would also like views that show the whole piano if you have any!

13 minutes ago, kreacher said:

I though another difference was the 1955 concerts started with Ian Mckellen on tv and the band on the couch then Mika in the air as the astronaut, or was there some overlap of that into the Imaginarium shows?

That also was the intro of the Imaginarium arena shows. The story was that Mika's rocket exploded and he was lost in space. Here's one from Amsterdam, but I suppose the full intro with the TV scene and the space scene is somewhere too, just can't find it now.

And this is where the 2nd part of the arena shows with the book started:

At the smaller shows this (in a reduced version) was the start of the show.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This thread made me realize that i had put the tour names of a few tours on the spread sheet but not for several so I just fixed that.

The only one i wasn't pretty sure about was the Dodgy Holiday tour. When/where did that one really start?

7 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

No it was definitely more than that. From a quick yt search I also found Seoul, Schaffhausen, Paléo Festival, Mares Vivas Festival and Liège.

But anyway, you're right they were all festival dates.

In 2011

He wore a shiny red jacket, white shirt & trousers & had the flower curtain background for: 

July    2    2011    B'estfest    Bucharest    ROMANIA                               
July    8    2011    Balaton Festival    Budapest    HUNGARY        

July    21    2011    Low Cost Festival    Benidorm    SPAIN

He wore the fancy jacket & short pants but DID NOT have the Marie Antoinette set for:

July    15    2011    Amnesia    Ibiza    SPAIN

He wore the fancy jacket & short pants & had the Marie Antoinette set for:

July    9    2011    Palais Impérial    Compiègne    FRANCE                      July    10    2011    Les Ardentes Festival    Liege    BELGIUM                  July    13    2011    Theatre de Verdure du Casone    Ajaccio     CORSICA                               

July    16    2011    Mares Vivas Festival    near Oporto    PORTUGAL   
July    23    2011    Paleo Festival    Nyon    SWITZERLAND                    August    6    2011    Das Festival    Schaffhausen    SWITZERLAND
August    12    2011    Cala di Volpe    Sardinia    ITALY                            September    20    2011    Olympic Hall    Seoul    SOUTH KOREA

this assignment made me very happy i decided to include a representative photo of each gig on the spreadsheet.  Also, i love his cream-colored MA outfit and that red jacket & white shirt & trousers look is my fave tour look EVER so i was more than happy to check them all :teehee:

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

for my 18th birthday I’m thinking of getting a MIKA tattoo, and i’ve narrowed it down to two choices : His iconic Relax, take it easy jump where his feet practically touch his bum or the piano with the rainbow coming out of it!!

If you guys could send me ANY photos of either i’d really appreciate as he didn’t have the piano at my date :,(

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Joanjettkinnie said:

for my 18th birthday I’m thinking of getting a MIKA tattoo, and i’ve narrowed it down to two choices : His iconic Relax, take it easy jump where his feet practically touch his bum or the piano with the rainbow coming out of it!!

If you guys could send me ANY photos of either i’d really appreciate as he didn’t have the piano at my date :,(

Here is an OFFICIAL photo from YoMIKA. 🌈

https://www.yomika.com/photos/

017-Mika-London.jpg

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Joanjettkinnie said:

All the jumping photos you could wish for here:

https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/21633-is-it-a-bird-is-it-a-plane-no-its-supermika/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1