CHICKADEE!!!!!!!!

Welcome back! How have you been?

No news for a MIKA tour in our part of the world yet :sneaky2:

Did you get the third album? My outright favourites are Popular and Underwater, and except for some of the lyrics of the Origin of Love, I really like that too. I especially liked it when he (finally) dedicated it to "the man I love" at the HEAVEN gig in the UK. :wub2:

Hey Blue Sky, thanks! I've been... um, what can I say? Busy! Life got really busy with a billion different things.

Our part of the world...so I assume you're still in Aus and not back in Japan?

I haven't gotten the album yet, still umming and ahhing. I'm glad he's finally said something definitive about his love life. As if we all didn't know though. And I'm glad he's got someone. He deserves to be happy.

Hello there!:bye: Nice to see you again!

Two of the new songs, TOOL and Emelie (EMD) are really good and very Mikaish!

TOOL for the melody and Emelie for the clever lyrics, and the melody!:wub2:

I hope you will be able to hear the full album soon so you can tell us what you think about it!:thumb_yello:

Hi Sienna, you too. I quite like the sound of Emily as well, because I thought EMD was very catchy. Someone's put most of the tracks up on youtube, so I'm now listening to whole songs instead of sampler snippets and that's influenced me a bit. I really dislike Overrated, but that's because I really liked the demo version.

Of course we remember you :hug:

It's difficult for me to comment on the album, as I seem to like different tracks to everyone else :naughty: I think there are some standout tracks like Stardust, Make You Happy and Popular Song, some other good tracks and some I don't like. But I've felt like that about his other albums too.

I would say that if you can afford it, go for the deluxe version - the acoustic versions are really good, and you get a couple of extra songs.

Hi Silver, why doesn't it surprise me that you've got different tastes to other people? I don't see an issue with that though. Is the deluxe version a two disc deal? Because someone posted on youtube "Karen" and they said it was from disc 2 and it's all in French and I really like it but wish I knew what the hell he was singing about. I'm sure there's a thread on here somewhere about it, when I have more time I'll go check it out.

Greedy so-and-so :sneaky2:

:jawdrop:

ZOMG, Chickadee! Welcome back!

No tour news yet and I haven't listened to the full album yet either. I ordered the deluxe copy from Hong Kong so waiting for that (purely because I wanted the tofu doll :teehee:)... and planning on buying the normal version as well so I can contribute to Mika's sales in Oz...

I love Popular too! I'm not 100% sure on Underwater yet, but I haven't heard it fully either so :dunno:

Make You Happy is a good one too... I'm thinking Emily sounds kinda cool, but then again I did like Elle Me Dit...

Hey Teegs, it is a bit ZOMG isn't it? :naughty: Happy Birthday, btw. It looks like I'll have to do some investigating about which album to get, although I don't know that I need a tofu doll in my life.

What the ****?

He keeps changing his story about why he cancelled V Festival!

First it was because he was recording, then there was something about having something else on, now it's because he had lost hearing in his ears!

And yeah, you got a lot of stick about that but we were pretty annoyed... If you'd said you were losing your hearing I think we would've been a bit more understanding...

*tweets Mika to get him to tour Oz*

I haven't listened to those links yet, but is he STILL going on about V Festival or are these old interviews? Cos to be honest, I'd forgotten all about it. That's what happens when enough time passes and you weren't one of the ones who lost money on the deal.

Yes .......... double trouble :lmfao:

:teehee:

Hey Teegs, it is a bit ZOMG isn't it? :naughty: Happy Birthday, btw. It looks like I'll have to do some investigating about which album to get, although I don't know that I need a tofu doll in my life.

I haven't listened to those links yet, but is he STILL going on about V Festival or are these old interviews? Cos to be honest, I'd forgotten all about it. That's what happens when enough time passes and you weren't one of the ones who lost money on the deal.

Thankies! You may be able ot get hte 2 CD version in Oz, but not sure where. All I know is that it's not in Sanity in Orange...

Yeah, he mentioned it cause the guys asked him about touring Oz. Had he not mentioned it, everyone would've forgotten about it. I'm now thinking it doesn't matter at all. Though if he does decide to do a tour I hope that it's not around this time next year, cause I'm busy :shun:

Hey Blue Sky, just realised you're a mod. When did that happen? Congrats!

Ages ago :teehee:

Hi Silver, why doesn't it surprise me that you've got different tastes to other people? I don't see an issue with that though. Is the deluxe version a two disc deal? Because someone posted on youtube "Karen" and they said it was from disc 2 and it's all in French and I really like it but wish I knew what the hell he was singing about. I'm sure there's a thread on here somewhere about it, when I have more time I'll go check it out.

The French language songs like Karen are on the French version of the deluxe version. The rest of the world gets mostly acoustic versions of some of the songs on Disc 1, plus Elle Me Dit and a new song called Tah Dah.

The French language songs like Karen are on the French version of the deluxe version. The rest of the world gets mostly acoustic versions of some of the songs on Disc 1, plus Elle Me Dit and a new song called Tah Dah.

God, this makes it even more confusing to work out which version I want! Do the acoustic versions of the songs stand up well? Some of the songs I've heard seem to be all about the electronica involved, which makes me wonder whether they would still work as acoustic songs. Then again, maybe they sound better!

You know, I still haven't heard Ta Dah... I've hardly even touched the 2nd CD. Maybe I'll chuck it in my blu-ray player and listen to it this arvo :teehee:

Oh, you haven't listened to it yet? No sense in asking what you thought of it then:sneaky2:

God, this makes it even more confusing to work out which version I want! Do the acoustic versions of the songs stand up well? Some of the songs I've heard seem to be all about the electronica involved, which makes me wonder whether they would still work as acoustic songs. Then again, maybe they sound better!

Oh, you haven't listened to it yet? No sense in asking what you thought of it then:sneaky2:

Hello! Haven't seen you on here for ages :trumpet:

Hello! Haven't seen you on here for ages :trumpet:

Hey Sosi, how are you? You're right, I haven't been here in ages. I went off and had a bit of a life while Mika was busy touring and making TOOL. I didn't intentionally abandon this place, it was more a case of not coming here for a few days cos I was going other places and then a few days turned into a week, which became a few weeks, which became months, which became about three years. I think I'm managing better this time around. I don't feel I need to LIVE on here like I used to. I'll just check in from time to time.

The acoustic ones I've heard sound okay (LYWID sounds better IMO than the album version :teehee:)

I didn't end up listening to the 2nd CD yesterday... I went for a walk with Zoe and after dinner I watched 4 episodes of Suburgatory :teehee:

I really need to finish packing up my room. At this pace, I'll never get it done! :doh::sneaky2:

The acoustic ones I've heard sound okay (LYWID sounds better IMO than the album version :teehee:)

I didn't end up listening to the 2nd CD yesterday... I went for a walk with Zoe and after dinner I watched 4 episodes of Suburgatory :teehee:

I really need to finish packing up my room. At this pace, I'll never get it done! :doh::sneaky2:

LYWID would need to sound better than the album version, IMO, as I don't really like it all that much. Meh :dunno:

So when did we lose all the band members I was familiar with? I'm aware that with being away for three years, Mika could have had several iterations of the band that have already come and gone and I wouldn't know about it but when did Cherisse, Martin, David, and Jimmy go?

The acoustic version of Origin of Love is much better than the electronic version.

Stardust is wonderful done acoustically, but it's not on the album - you will have to wait for a gig for that.

Wow, what happened? This place is crowded suddnely :thumb_yello:

@Chickadee: I think the time we heard about the new band was like four, five months ago, I guess. Before he started playing festivals. I think he changed them all at once. I miss them, but the new guys are really good as well.

Stardust is soo lovely accoustic. I wish he'd put that one the deluxe edit, too, although I really like the album version. :wub2:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys that Mika comes to Oz soon.

So when did we lose all the band members I was familiar with? I'm aware that with being away for three years, Mika could have had several iterations of the band that have already come and gone and I wouldn't know about it but when did Cherisse, Martin, David, and Jimmy go?

Apparently he wanted a change of image with the new album so he got rid of the whole band and got new musicians who he felt reflected his new approach better.

Opinions are divided over whether this was a good thing or not.

Pretty much as silver and anapher said.

I remember I heard that Martin had left the band from Wendy while I waiting to go through passport control in Dubai... twas very sad at that.

I think David & Jimmy had managed to get other work with other bands, then all of a sudden Cherisse & Martin were gone :sad:

Stardust is wonderful done acoustically, but it's not on the album - you will have to wait for a gig for that.

Really?

I think I might have to find a decent recording of it. I really don't like it. I hate Overrateed, I think that is an absolute joke. It's the I See You of this album :puking:

Apparently he wanted a change of image with the new album so he got rid of the whole band and got new musicians who he felt reflected his new approach better.

Really? Whereabouts would one find these opinions?

I've not really looked into the band at all since the others left. I don't think there's anything interesting about them at all.

The acoustic version of Origin of Love is much better than the electronic version.

You mean I'll have to wait til I'm 90? :mf_rosetinted:

Wow, what happened? This place is crowded suddnely :thumb_yello:

@Chickadee: I think the time we heard about the new band was like four, five months ago, I guess. Before he started playing festivals. I think he changed them all at once. I miss them, but the new guys are really good as well.

Stardust is soo lovely accoustic. I wish he'd put that one the deluxe edit, too, although I really like the album version. :wub2:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys that Mika comes to Oz soon.

Crowded? :lmfao: Things sure have changed around here if this is crowded.

Thanks Anapher. I think I'm going to stop giving my heart to band members if he's going to change them willy nilly like that. I'll just remain uninvolved.

(Let's see how long that lasts. Curiosity usually gets me in the end:naughty:)

While you're crossing your fingers, can you cross everything else too? If we all cross everything, that may give us a fighting chance at some point of him visiting here at least once more in my lifetime...maybe. :sneaky2:

I'm not so sure I like the new approach. If the new band members are representative of that approach, then I'm already going to be prejudiced against them :no:

Pretty much as silver and anapher said.

I remember I heard that Martin had left the band from Wendy while I waiting to go through passport control in Dubai... twas very sad at that.

I think David & Jimmy had managed to get other work with other bands, then all of a sudden Cherisse & Martin were gone :sad:

Really?

I think I might have to find a decent recording of it. I really don't like it. I hate Overrateed, I think that is an absolute joke. It's the I See You of this album :puking:

Really? Whereabouts would one find these opinions?

I've not really looked into the band at all since the others left. I don't think there's anything interesting about them at all.

I agree that I hate Overrated, but I liked the "I See You" off TBWKTM. I liked both versions of I See You. However, since I was totally in love with the original demo version of Overrated, it was never going to go well with me if he fiddled with it. And he's done more than fiddle with it. He's massacred it! :shocked:

I agree that I hate Overrated, but I liked the "I See You" off TBWKTM. I liked both versions of I See You. However, since I was totally in love with the original demo version of Overrated, it was never going to go well with me if he fiddled with it. And he's done more than fiddle with it. He's massacred it! :shocked:

He's kept the title and the chorus - what more did you want? :mf_rosetinted:

Hello :original:

Which house did you go for Teegs? Any news? I can only see the link for the first one.

Is there any exciting news in anyone's lives?

I moved last week and after several trips to Ikea the new house is starting to look pretty good :thumb_yello:

Silver, are you sure that's a dog? It looks like some kind of bear cub!

Hello :original:

Which house did you go for Teegs? Any news? I can only see the link for the first one.

Is there any exciting news in anyone's lives?

I moved last week and after several trips to Ikea the new house is starting to look pretty good :thumb_yello:

Silver, are you sure that's a dog? It looks like some kind of bear cub!

OKD! You're still here!! How's the vet business?

It seems (almost) everybody is having a little revisit into the Aussie thread! :teehee:

And SD! You too! Are you about to finish up at Uni? I'm remembering that you didn't come to the Sydney show because you were doing your year 12 exams and that was three years ago, which is enough time for you to get into Uni and just about have completed a three year degree. So...is that what happened?

I feel very much like we all need to have a :group_hug: I'm so pleased to know that even more of the old gang is still here (no offence intended to anyone who joined after I stopped hanging around here, I just haven't met you yet and I'm sure we'll get to know each other too.)

What about HK? Kelz? Does Sweet Knees ever show up? Last I knew about Mouselle, she was in Europe. Does DC still come around? Did Rainbow Sky ever come back? And what about... dammit, I had to go to the front page of the thread to get her username as I could only remember her real life name and it's showing her old name. Scut Monkey? I can't remember who she became.

I still see some people from time to time on FB... including someone else that I can't remember her username here...