Hello im a new aussie fan hahah! And yes, Guy Sebastian did Amazingggggg :D i liked the swedish performance and it was a well deserved win :)

Hi Sonelle, I'm chickadee and very much an intermittent visitor to the Aussie thread although this used to be my second home, years ago.  Welcome.

:fisch: I'm a little excited at the moment. I'm going to Melbourne at the end of the month to meet this guy *points down*

4vAIXyvI.jpeg

Bit annoyed that Derek can't come (he has to work and his days off aren't till the 2nd week of July). Oh well, might be able to take him there some time soon. 

Have fun, won't you?  I went to call you 'Miss Teegs', but you haven't been a Miss for quite some time now.  It's a bit sucky that your hubby can't be there also, but it's nice to go and do something without them every now and then.  At least, after 19 years of marriage it is!  Who will have Jnr in your absence?

:yay:

I'd be even more excited for you if I knew who he was :mf_rosetinted:

Sacrilege!  I can't believe you don't know who...

Wait...  The pink glasses.  Hmm...  Mayhaps I don't believe you at all.

Then again, this is Silver...  Now I don't know what to believe.

Curse you, Silver, for taking advantage of the ambiguity of the pink sarcasm glasses.

:naughty:

I'd be even more excited for you if I knew who he was :mf_rosetinted:

Oh sorry, I forget not everyone knows the random actors I'm obsessed with. 

His name's Bruce Campbell, he originally starred in a horror movie called Evil Dead and also starred in Xena (as Autolycus) and and is good friends with Sam Raimi, who is a director (he directed the first 3 Spiderman movies as well as The Quick and the Dead and Oz the Great and Powerful).

Have fun, won't you?  I went to call you 'Miss Teegs', but you haven't been a Miss for quite some time now.  It's a bit sucky that your hubby can't be there also, but it's nice to go and do something without them every now and then.  At least, after 19 years of marriage it is!  Who will have Jnr in your absence?

Sacrilege!  I can't believe you don't know who...

Wait...  The pink glasses.  Hmm...  Mayhaps I don't believe you at all.

Then again, this is Silver...  Now I don't know what to believe.

Curse you, Silver, for taking advantage of the ambiguity of the pink sarcasm glasses.

:naughty:

Definitely haven't be a Miss for a little while. Yeah it's pretty good to be doing something separate, but I think I'll miss them both. My mum will have the little man from when I leave till Derek finishes work on Friday, then he'll stay with Derek till I get back. 

You know, sometimes I wish I could pull the exact same faces that we have as emoticons... 

• Like 1

Oh sorry, I forget not everyone knows the random actors I'm obsessed with. 

His name's Bruce Campbell, he originally starred in a horror movie called Evil Dead and also starred in Xena (as Autolycus) and and is good friends with Sam Raimi, who is a director (he directed the first 3 Spiderman movies as well as The Quick and the Dead and Oz the Great and Powerful).

Autolycus!  i knew the face looked familiar but I just couldn't place him.

More recently (and by that I mean the last time I was kinda sorta watching a bit of tv, which I haven't done for years), he was seen in Burn Notice.  Not a show I watched a lot of or even liked all that much, but he was a breath of fresh air in it.

I'm an Aussie too, though have been known to live in Japan for a prolonged time. Currently living in Melbourne.

I just ordered my new CD from Japan, which includes a little Mika TOFU figurine. I haven't quite worked out if it's a different one from last time, but I think it is. I don't think they send you the Frisk mints, it's probably just for scale.

The link to get this one is here

457-1.jpg

There are about 5 different versions available from Japan.

After the Tokyo concert, I asked Mika when he was coming to Australia. His response was "Tell me about it!" and so I did, I told him, we are all still waiting for him to visit. After the Osaka gig I asked his manager, and he was like "Tell your friends, get people to request him" so I guess that's our job, calling up radio stations and requesting new Mika?! :wink2:

Haha, knew there would be something you'd know him from. 

I do this all the time :insane:

I think I do :teehee: or :doh: a fair bit... 

More recently (and by that I mean the last time I was kinda sorta watching a bit of tv, which I haven't done for years), he was seen in Burn Notice.  Not a show I watched a lot of or even liked all that much, but he was a breath of fresh air in it.

Oh yeah, that too. I think I watched it a bit at first, but I lost interest. 

I'm an Aussie too, though have been known to live in Japan for a prolonged time. Currently living in Melbourne.

I just ordered my new CD from Japan, which includes a little Mika TOFU figurine. I haven't quite worked out if it's a different one from last time, but I think it is. I don't think they send you the Frisk mints, it's probably just for scale.

The link to get this one is here

457-1.jpg

There are about 5 different versions available from Japan.

After the Tokyo concert, I asked Mika when he was coming to Australia. His response was "Tell me about it!" and so I did, I told him, we are all still waiting for him to visit. After the Osaka gig I asked his manager, and he was like "Tell your friends, get people to request him" so I guess that's our job, calling up radio stations and requesting new Mika?! :wink2:

Ooooh, I think I need the new TOFU figurine... 

Righto then, I've made a mention of it on FB. Ally seems up for harassing stations, and I also contacted Zak and he seemed a bit excited that I mentioned Mika would like to come back to Oz.

Edited by nico_collard

You get to meet Bad Ash and Good Ash! I am so super jelly!!!!!

PSST... I get married in less than 10 days everyone :wub:  :das:  :yes:

:fisch: I'm a little excited at the moment. I'm going to Melbourne at the end of the month to meet this guy *points down*

4vAIXyvI.jpeg

Bit annoyed that Derek can't come (he has to work and his days off aren't till the 2nd week of July). Oh well, might be able to take him there some time soon. 

We will need photos :fisch:

That time seems to have come round so quickly :shocked:

Hellooooooo  :pinkbow:

It took me a while to find you guys, where has the user cp gone??

Mika has a new album??

For some reason pictures aren't showing up for me, but I absolutely love Samuel's highlander outfit (pictures on facebook). 

Silver, I have to know: what conversation have you and your aunt been having, is it at least a good one?

I don't even know how long it's been since I was on here. But for the record; algae are my deal now. Meet Karl (Karlodinium veneficum), the species I am trying to grow so I can find ways to kill.

WP_20140519_052.jpg

Here's a picture of Ambrose and his friend, Ivy, dressed as dinosaurs (he only looks grumpy because it was raining, he actually loves being a dinosaur):

IMG_5387.jpg

And here's a picture of this expensive symbolism that I carry around now:

11168062_10153380886486602_8123400484951

After the Tokyo concert, I asked Mika when he was coming to Australia. His response was "Tell me about it!" and so I did, I told him, we are all still waiting for him to visit. 

Hahahahahahahahahaha

I second the request for pictures!

Mika has a new album??

For some reason pictures aren't showing up for me, but I absolutely love Samuel's highlander outfit (pictures on facebook). 

Silver, I have to know: what conversation have you and your aunt been having, is it at least a good one?

I don't even know how long it's been since I was on here. But for the record; algae are my deal now. Meet Karl (Karlodinium veneficum), the species I am trying to grow so I can find ways to kill.

WP_20140519_052.jpg

Here's a picture of Ambrose and his friend, Ivy, dressed as dinosaurs (he only looks grumpy because it was raining, he actually loves being a dinosaur):

IMG_5387.jpg

Hahahahahahahahahaha

For user CP, you now click on your name (top right of page), and then go to your profile.  From there you can edit your profile settings.

Yes Mika has a new album, called No Place In Heaven, which has been released in several different versions on various dates around the world, but not yet the UK or Australia :sneaky2:

The conversation with my aunt is usually covers what day of the week it is, whether she needs to go shopping today, has she got anything for tea, whether her old house in London is still there, what liars politicians are, how old she is, and events when she was a child.  She often asks about items on the news, but then immediately forgets what you have told her, which is sad, as you can see glimpses of the person she used to be :sad:

What have you got against Karl then?  is he toxic?

Love the ring - it looks like blue topaz or aquamarine?  Any marriage plans?

And really nice to see some new pics of my grandson :wub2:

Well, we're all coming out of the woodwork now, aren't we?  *waves at Ally, Blue Sky and OKD*  It's nice to know you guys are still around (and getting married, and buying toys and...breeding algae? Oh and maybe getting engaged too).  Someone remind me who Zac is, please.  I have a feeling it's someone I know by a different name, yes?

I thought I read, in an email, that Mika's CD has been released in Australia now?  I wanted to read about people's opinions of it before I look at getting it.  The couple of tracks I've heard of the album so far aren't doing anything for me, but there might be other brilliance on there that I need to hear so...

Edited by chickadee

Well, we're all coming out of the woodwork now, aren't we?  *waves at Ally, Blue Sky and OKD*  It's nice to know you guys are still around (and getting married, and buying toys and...breeding algae? Oh and maybe getting engaged too).  Someone remind me who Zac is, please.  I have a feeling it's someone I know by a different name, yes?

I thought I read, in an email, that Mika's CD has been released in Australia now?  I wanted to read about people's opinions of it before I look at getting it.  The couple of tracks I've heard of the album so far aren't doing anything for me, but there might be other brilliance on there that I need to hear so...

Well it's nice to see a little bit of life in the thread - It seems to have been just me and Teegs for months.

Anyway - No Place In Heaven - I ordered an expensive signed copy which has been held up for a month (:aah:) so Mikasounds have sent me the MP3 version for now.  I have to admit it didn't grab me immediately but after a few listens I have got into it more.  For me the standout tracks are the slow ones, especially Hurts and Porcelain (which is a bonus track).  But some of the faster tracks are quite catchy - All That She Wants and Rio particularly.

I'm sure if you ask someone else they will completely disagree with me :naughty:.  Like most Mika albums, there's something for all tastes.  I think you will enjoy it, but if you do get it make sure you get the deluxe edition, as the bonus tracks Porcelain and Promiseland are better than some of the regular album tracks.

Sure do! :das: can't wait!

And a bit excited to see wedding pics.

Mika has a new album??

WP_20140519_052.jpg

IMG_5387.jpg

Hahahahahahahahahaha

I must've missed it, but when did you change to growing algae? 

I third the request for pics :biggrin2:

For user CP, you now click on your name (top right of page), and then go to your profile.  From there you can edit your profile settings.

Yes Mika has a new album, called No Place In Heaven, which has been released in several different versions on various dates around the world, but not yet the UK or Australia :sneaky2:

The conversation with my aunt is usually covers what day of the week it is, whether she needs to go shopping today, has she got anything for tea, whether her old house in London is still there, what liars politicians are, how old she is, and events when she was a child.  She often asks about items on the news, but then immediately forgets what you have told her, which is sad, as you can see glimpses of the person she used to be :sad:

What have you got against Karl then?  is he toxic?

Love the ring - it looks like blue topaz or aquamarine?  Any marriage plans?

And really nice to see some new pics of my grandson :wub2:

It's out in Oz now (according the the Sanity website). I can't see the cover and they don't have any track listing. It may have changed since I checked. 

I haven't gotten it yet, though what I've heard is okay. I guess it'll grow on me. I might do up a bit of a review, so if anyone's keen, feel free to take part :biggrin2:

Well it's nice to see a little bit of life in the thread - It seems to have been just me and Teegs for months.

Anyway - No Place In Heaven - I ordered an expensive signed copy which has been held up for a month ( :aah:) so Mikasounds have sent me the MP3 version for now.  I have to admit it didn't grab me immediately but after a few listens I have got into it more.  For me the standout tracks are the slow ones, especially Hurts and Porcelain (which is a bonus track).  But some of the faster tracks are quite catchy - All That She Wants and Rio particularly.

I'm sure if you ask someone else they will completely disagree with me :naughty:.  Like most Mika albums, there's something for all tastes.  I think you will enjoy it, but if you do get it make sure you get the deluxe edition, as the bonus tracks Porcelain and Promiseland are better than some of the regular album tracks.

Yeah, very quiet. We have seen a couple of new Aussies pop up recently but that's about it. 

Edited by nico_collard

• 2 weeks later...

New look MFC! *forgets smiley codes*

:das: except that!

Hello all! :das:

*hugs Silver for knowing Autolycus*

Ohh and nice siggy pic Teegs!

Nice germs OKD :naughty:

Edited by Kelzy

It's Kelzy :bye:

We have a lot of new smilies too :fisch:

like :facepalm:

and :uhno:

But I'm surprised you'd forgotten the code for :mf_boff:

:mf_boff: :mf_boff: :mf_boff: :mf_boff:

It would be easier if I could see more on the mobile version! :facepalm:

How ya been? Seen any sexy llamas lately?

Edited by Kelzy

:mf_boff: :mf_boff: :mf_boff: :mf_boff:

It would be easier if I could see more on the mobile version! :facepalm:

How ya been? Seen any sexy llamas lately?

Yes, apparently the mobile version is missing some functionality.  But it's nice to have a new site on a new server :naughty:

• 3 weeks later...

New look MFC! *forgets smiley codes*

:das: except that!

Hello all! :das:

*hugs Silver for knowing Autolycus*

Ohh and nice siggy pic Teegs!

Nice germs OKD :naughty:

Yeah it's a good one isn't it? :teehee:

So, Hugh Jackman posted on FB and twatter saying that he wanted a photo caption..

And I couldn't resist. :naughty:

:lmfao: Good one! 

Ooooh yeah, we've gotten a wee bit of snow over the past week... 

17/7/15

1508172_10152857232436577_86709267320147

17/7/15

11704837_10152857232716577_2153031163011

12/7/15

11101507_10152848344241577_3303165586969

Aaaannndd... Here's some pics from the convention... 

Billy Boyd (Lord of the Rings)

11695886_10152823240641577_5309692157572

Bruce Campbell

11667321_10152823240596577_4724104923605

David Wenham (Lord of the Rings)

11665504_10152823240631577_1901685188975

Jewel Staite (Firefly)

11693895_10152823241151577_3259636836147

And a couple of pics of Little Man... 

11667334_848003041963081_119461343696592

11666034_848003008629751_494965201393435

11665601_1465753310406191_61119581886610

Wow snow!  I wondered if you had got any?  Did you build a snowman for baby?

He looks really cute in his Batman outfit :wub2:

Looks like you had a good time at the convention then