"The Origin of Love" - the pieces of a puzzle

nenartus

:tears:

I'm looking forword to listen the Italian TOOL : 5. Overrated (Acoustic) is in it. :mikalove:

Just received an email from Mikasounds too, here's the tracklist of Italian Version:

http://zaphod.uk.vvhp.net/viewemail?con=6409469&cmp=7071&act=238541&sec=243bb3cbfe3c&webversionpage=1

The standard version features the following tracks:

1. Origin Of Love (Italian Edit)

2. Lola

3. Stardust (Italian Edit)

4. Make You Happy

5. Underwater

6. Overrated

7. Kids

8. Love You When I'm Drunk

9. Step With Me

10. Popular Song

11. Emily

12. Heroes

13. Celebrate

Order the deluxe record to get the standard CD, with a bonus disc featuring special acoustic versions of some of the album tracks as well as exclusive songs & remixes!

CD 1

Standard CD

CD 2

1. Celebrate (Acoustic)

2. Origin Of Love (Acoustic)

3. Kids (Acoustic)

4. Love You When I'm Drunk (Acoustic)

5. Overrated (Acoustic)

6. Elle Me Dit

7. Tah Dah

8. Stardust (English Version)

9. Celebrate (Rivera Remix)

10. Origin Of Love (English Version)

We have 2 Italian Edit on first CD! I'm really curious to listen it :fangurl:

Well, I don't know if it was posted yet...but, Universal Music Italy said something more about the 'Italian edit': the deluxe edition will feature two tracks - Origin Of Love and Stardust, as we already know - with some verses of the lyrics in italian! :aah: (Click here for the news)

At first I thought it was just a different cut of the songs, I wasn't expecting this news today!

I don't know what to expect, for now... it just makes me laugh a lot :roll1:

At least, it will be bloody funny listening to his FABULOUS italian :teehee:

Grazie Eugenio!!

That was my thought as well! :shocked::teehee:

:excite: :excite: :excite:

I really love the demo... And, even if everyone desagrees with me, I have to say that I love what I've heard of the new Overrated. It's odd, because the lyrics are brokenhearting (does this word make any sense? :aah:) and they don't match a dance rhythm... But I still think the song can be beautiful even if it becomes a club hit.

This isn't reliable is it? :blink: From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Origin_of_Love

"Lola" will be released as the album's second single in the United Kingdom and Europe on November 19, 2012. This was revealed by Mika in a YouTube video in which he discussed the making of the album.[8] It is unknown when or if the track will be issued in any other regions.

I want Underwater as the next single :aah: Wasn't Lola going to feature Dita Von Teese in another one of those short films? And Mika never said that, did he? What's up with that date in November?

This isn't reliable is it? :blink: From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Origin_of_Love

"Lola" will be released as the album's second single in the United Kingdom and Europe on November 19, 2012. This was revealed by Mika in a YouTube video in which he discussed the making of the album.[8] It is unknown when or if the track will be issued in any other regions.

I want Underwater as the next single :aah: Wasn't Lola going to feature Dita Von Teese in another one of those short films? And Mika never said that, did he? What's up with that date in November?

I would say as my teachers always do: "never trust wikipedia" :naughty: remember anyone can edit it without even having an account, maybe itstrue who knows but the date seems weird

I swear something like this happened with TBWKTM :dunno: I wouldn't trust it, and it says Celebrate has a slightly later release date for the UK, but on radio 2 he said the end of September :aah:

Their reference for this statement is the track-by-track YouTube video, so if that's what they're basing it on then it's not accurate.

guys just a quick question ... Mika mentioned the name of the person he sings with on "Popular", but i've forgotten her name ... what's her name ??? ... it's driving me mad !!! lol

Priscilla Renea :wink2:

the hook in Lola is very catchy and it's one of those hooks that stay in my head all day !!! lol , with a hook line like it has , i think it could do well as a single,but that's only a prediction !!! lol, if the rumor is true ... i can see why they've chosen it !!!

Also I went on that link earlier today and it said Underwater would be the next single :dunno: But like Christine said if they are basing the info from the video, they are wrong. :)

I think any song from the album is a better choice than Celebrate . :dunno:

Mika said in Milan that local labels wanted different singles to be released - most likely based on their gut feel about what is going to work in a particular country.

the album will leak pretty soon, we'll see what the best song (stardust or Underwater)

Ooh, you say that with such certainty! What aren't you telling us? :naughty:

I think any song from the album is a better choice than Celebrate . :dunno:

:lmfao:

the hook in Lola is very catchy and it's one of those hooks that stay in my head all day !!! lol , with a hook line like it has , i think it could do well as a single,but that's only a prediction !!! lol, if the rumor is true ... i can see why they've chosen it !!!

Me too. It's a song which showcases Mika's lower range and his lower range is to die for. If it's before Christmas, it could do quite well. It's not Christmassy, but it's very sing-a-long-y for a Christmas party.

Mika's been so lucky and wise with preventing this album from leaking so far, I mean so many members of the media have recieved promo copies, wow

I think the promo went out later than last time. Mika was finished recording in April 2009 and from what I understand he handed it off to Greg to finish up rather than doing what he's been doing the past few weeks making the final changes. Mika was already doing record listening parties all over the world in June of 2009. There were CDs circulating with the media before he had even decided on the title of The Boy Who Knew Too Much. I heard the album from a copy called We Are Golden that didn't have Loverboy on it.

Plus when the leak did happen it was from an accidental posting on iTunes Mexico. It wasn't the media that leaked a copy that they had received.

There was also a former MFCer who was hell bent on leaking the album and was going around harassing everyone for a copy so he could leak it all over the net. And once he got his hands on it he did. :sneaky2:

There was also a former MFCer who was hell bent on leaking the album and was going around harassing everyone for a copy so he could leak it all over the net. And once he got his hands on it he did. :sneaky2:

That's not nice behavior from a fan :sneaky2:

Ooh, you say that with such certainty! What aren't you telling us? :naughty:

:lmfao:

LOL nothing at all (for the moment) LOL

and for the we are golden (album promo with different artwork, like the double cdsleeve for LICM singles), it was sold on ebay 2 month (maybe 3) before the official release (170 pounds at this time). Now it's different, there arn't promo cd, mika meet journalists with his computer and the tracks he want them hear. it's the best thing to do to not leak the album before the official release.

Edited by larenaldise