"The Origin of Love" - the pieces of a puzzle

nenartus

The pre-order thing is now up on iTunes, with a 1.5 minute preview for each song. The acoustic versions (IMO) are much better, apart from OOL, and love you when I'm drunk acoustic is immense! Quirky, crazy and generally so much better than the original. Why couldn't the main album be more acoustic?

I feel like you! The acoustic titles appeal more to me than the other versions. Overrated, I only love you, Kids are :wub2: Even "celebrate" is really good in its acoustic version.

My less favourite songs are the electro version of "Overrated" and "Make you happy". I love "Popular"'s chorus but am less fond of the rap verses.

On Irish iTunes there is 2 versions of TOOL, Deluxe version and The "US" version.

Screen%20Shot%202012-09-09%20at%2014.14.26.png

Are you kidding me? YOU have the US version/track listing before the US

does? :doh:

That kind of stuff drives me crazy! :insane:

Edited by dcdeb

there there Deb :drunk_sing:

I just can't believe the album is not listed on US iTunes yet! What are they waiting for??? If you go by the October 5 date shown above, it's due out in less than a month now. (Of course, new music is released on Tuesdays here so it won't be October 5 -- according to US Amazon it'll be October 16, but still...) :banghead:

Edited by dcdeb

I just can't believe the album is not listed on US iTunes yet! What are they waiting for??? If you go by the October 5 date shown above, it's due out in less than a month now. (Of course, new music is released on Tuesdays here so it won't be October 5 -- according to US Amazon it'll be October 16, but still...) :banghead:

It's out here September 18th (9 days!) & it still isn't listed on Canadian iTunes :dunno:

I just put all the longer versions in one mp3... below a link for download :)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/z3d5kt

and a vimeo video from all the new songs (longer versions)

https://vimeo.com/49107486

big thanks to you too Sylvana :flowers2::hug:

(@Deejay made a link to download them too :teehee:)

I thought the same......a few hours ago.....but now,I'm not sure anymore :doh:

LOL Many people don't like it. And I understand it because actually it's not the kind of sound that Mika usually makes. And also, because we had also listened to the demo and it has nothing to do with it. But I particularly love it:aah:

LOL Many people don't like it. And I understand it because actually it's not the kind of sound that Mika usually makes. And also, because we had also listened to the demo and it has nothing to do with it. But I particularly love it:aah:

I know,the first impact is shocking,just like it was MYH for most of us,and now I like that song.We just need time and the entire album :wink2:

I know,the first impact is shocking,just like it was MYH for most of us,and now I like that song.We just need time and the entire album :wink2:

I don't need time :naughty:

I'm in love with most of the songs and that happened from first hearing :wub2:

Not Popular , but then that's a cover :aah: but all the others are just total happiness to my ears :swoon: even the ones I loved acoustic I love in the new style :fangurl: Mika's voice is so sweet :swoon:

I've just heard the 34 minutes of the album that's on dailymotion and it is so good : :wub2:

For those who have my fb the link is there , I'm sorry I haven't figured out how to post it here :doh: or on twitter :doh:

I thought the same......a few hours ago.....but now,I'm not sure anymore :doh:

I love both versions and think of them as different songs in a way. But the acustic version is more like the demo and goes to show we should always trust the maestro!

I think the album does sound like Mika. But then, I don't expect the same sound and types of songs. Mika loves so many different styles of music and such diverse artists, and likes to work with those he admires, so we're always going to get all kinds of songs from him. I for one, think that Mika is the most exciting singer/songwriter there is, because he's not afraid to try something different. But still there is always that certain something that makes the songs stand out as Mika's songs. That makes him unique.