"The Origin of Love" - the pieces of a puzzle

nenartus

I hope you are right and the differents releases won´t change anything. I´m sure all of us will buy it. My country will release it in September,but if I lived in UK I would download it from the net even if I would buy it later, just because oh well, I´m here and in twitter everyday and it´d be odd to have ALL MY FRIENDS talking about it while in my country is still not released.

If it´s about doing a good promotion, ok. He surely needs it in UK, so I hope he does it well.

What on earth is he doing? Maybe it's just me buy I can't see Underwater having any hit potential/impact on the casual listener.

To me, it is obvious Underwater has a huge hit potential and it is a song that stands out from the rest of current hits not only it its beauty in the lyrics but also in its harmonies. I hope they will release it soon after they realize Celebrate was the wrong choice. I wonder when that will happen.

Edited by suzie

What on earth is he doing? Maybe it's just me buy I can't see Underwater having any hit potential/impact on the casual listener.

I actually think it could be a hit! Let's remember folks, we haven't heard the recorded version of it, only the live versions. I love the new addition he did

"Underwater underwater, I could live underwater, with your love I could breath, I could breathe underwater."

If, as some have said, there is a great vid. I see in my mind, an animation of things swimming underwater, and Mika swimming among them like The Man From Atlantas (that was a programe on TV years ago, about a man who could breathe underwater and swim like a fish)

Anyway, though I'd also love Origin to be a single, I'm happy with Underwater, as long as it's done well. It showcases Mika's lower register, as well as having the high Underwateeeeeeeer bits that give me goose pimples.

I keep imagining Mika on a deserted beach, losing his breath because of something, and a magical night sky above him, no concept perhaps but that's what I see when I listen to the song. I get a really dark and haunting feeling from the song as well. Hearing it live sent shivers down my spine, it's an amazing song with hit potential.

Does anyone know the tracklist to the deluxe US version of the album, because I was going to buy the deluxe version of tool (they didn't tell me which country's edition) but now that version is gone and instead you can only buy the US version, but there's no track list. So I don't know what to do :dunno:

Edit: Now the french version is gone too :blink:

Does anyone know the tracklist to the deluxe US version of the album, because I was going to buy the deluxe version of tool (they didn't tell me which country's edition) but now that version is gone and instead you can only buy the US version, but there's no track list. So I don't know what to do :dunno:

Edit: Now the french version is gone too :blink:

No, there's been no track list for the US version -- in fact, they only JUST

put the US version on Amazon, I haven't seen it on iTunes at all yet.

No, there's been no track list for the US version -- in fact, they only JUST

put the US version on Amazon, I haven't seen it on iTunes at all yet.

Okay thanks! This is just getting weirder and weirder, and don't know anything anymore...

I actually think it could be a hit! Let's remember folks, we haven't heard the recorded version of it, only the live versions. I love the new addition he did

"Underwater underwater, I could live underwater, with your love I could breath, I could breathe underwater."

If, as some have said, there is a great vid. I see in my mind, an animation of things swimming underwater, and Mika swimming among them like The Man From Atlantas (that was a programe on TV years ago, about a man who could breathe underwater and swim like a fish)

Anyway, though I'd also love Origin to be a single, I'm happy with Underwater, as long as it's done well. It showcases Mika's lower register, as well as having the high Underwateeeeeeeer bits that give me goose pimples.

I think Underwater would be a great choice for a single ... but having said that we've only heard the live version plus we've not heard all the other songs on the album (maybe there's another song or two strong enough to be singles), for me Underwater sticks out for me as one of Mika's best ones, it's a great love song (but that's my opinion). I just hope this great song doesn't end up being on the b-side of another single just like "I See You" did which was a shame really because that would have made a great single too !!!

I think Underwater would be a great choice for a single ... but having said that we've only heard the live version plus we've not heard all the other songs on the album (maybe there's another song or two strong enough to be singles), for me Underwater sticks out for me as one of Mika's best ones, it's a great love song (but that's my opinion). I just hope this great song doesn't end up being on the b-side of another single just like "I See You" did which was a shame really because that would have made a great single too !!!

I'm loving the new songs too Kids and SWM. Kids especially would be wonderful as it's a love song for our world. With lines like, "This is love not war, give our peace a chance, make it worth fighting for."

All in all, I'm really thrilled with this album. I just hope it gets the promo it needs to be a HUGGGGGGGEEEEEEE success in all countries.

I'm loving the new songs too Kids and SWM. Kids especially would be wonderful as it's a love song for our world. With lines like, "This is love not war, give our peace a chance, make it worth fighting for."

All in all, I'm really thrilled with this album. I just hope it gets the promo it needs to be a HUGGGGGGGEEEEEEE success in all countries.

The version we heard at the listening party, sounds as good as the live version, I think when you listen to it through headphones, it will melt you :wub2:

Has anyone noticed that in the pre-order links there's this:

500 deluxe albums will be signed by MIKA at random, applicable to both the DELUXE 2CD and DELUXE 2CD + SCREENPRINT bundle.

It has been recently added or am I wrong? :blink:

500 deluxe albums will be signed by MIKA at random, applicable to both the DELUXE 2CD and DELUXE 2CD + SCREENPRINT bundle.

If that's right I'm going to buy my cd from Mikasounds :mf_rosetinted:

Edit: or maybe not, then I'll get my cd weeks later and it's not even sure that'll get it signed.

Edited by Lilasko

that has def been recently added...

wouldn't order anything from the site - heard too many horror stories :aah:

Well, I don't know if it was posted yet...but, Universal Music Italy said something more about the 'Italian edit': the deluxe edition will feature two tracks - Origin Of Love and Stardust, as we already know - with some verses of the lyrics in italian! :aah: (Click here for the news)

At first I thought it was just a different cut of the songs, I wasn't expecting this news today!

I don't know what to expect, for now... it just makes me laugh a lot :roll1:

At least, it will be bloody funny listening to his FABULOUS italian :teehee:

Well, I don't know if it was posted yet...but, Universal Music Italy said something more about the 'Italian edit': the deluxe edition will feature two tracks - Origin Of Love and Stardust, as we already know - with some verses of the lyrics in italian! :aah: (Click here for the news)

At first I thought it was just a different cut of the songs, I wasn't expecting this news today!

I don't know what to expect, for now... it just makes me laugh a lot :roll1:

At least, it will be bloody funny listening to his FABULOUS italian :teehee:

Well, that's a big surprise! And have you seen all those extra acoustic versions, even of Love you when I'm drunk! :)

I will have to buy all the 3 deluxe versions...