"The Origin of Love" - the pieces of a puzzle

nenartus

Sorry, am I wrong but I thought all the preorders from Mikasounds would be send out after the release in UK? Now I see people are waiting for their albums. Maybe I missunderstood this.

That's how I understood it too, that's why I didn't pre-ordered from mikasounds :dunno:

Sorry, am I wrong but I thought all the preorders from Mikasounds would be send out after the release in UK? Now I see people are waiting for their albums. Maybe I missunderstood this.

Yes it said very clearly that the orders would be shipped on 8 October. There is no advantage to preordering albums IMO although it looks like you've got a chance of getting an autographed copy if you preorder from Mikasounds.

I downloaded the album from Itunes! :biggrin2:

We also ordered it twice from mikasounds.com and two from bol.com

I'm from the Netherlands, and I really want it to become a hit here ^^ I also bought Celebrate on itunes! got it like three times on my iphone now hahah

I was just remembering when I was young, and on Sunday night (as now) the top twenty songs were on Radio One. I'd be sitting next to the transister radio with a tape recorder, getting ready to press record when a song I liked came on. I'd have tapes by the dozen of my faves, with the DJs voice breaking in every so often. Sometimes the tapes would have other noises, like someone coming into the room and a "shhhhhhh" from me.

Just thought I'd share that bit of nostalgia. But that's how we illegally downloaded in my day, when dinosaurs ruled the Earth.

Indeed - and mine was a reel to reel tape recorder! Was yours?

Yes it said very clearly that the orders would be shipped on 8 October. There is no advantage to preordering albums IMO although it looks like you've got a chance of getting an autographed copy if you preorder from Mikasounds.

I bought TBWKTM from amazon at a normal price and mine was autographed. I never understood that but I was happy enough.

Indeed - and mine was a reel to reel tape recorder! Was yours?

I bought TBWKTM from amazon at a normal price and mine was autographed. I never understood that but I was happy enough.

Mine was a cassette tape recorder. The sound quality was rubbish though. The funny thing is, my husband used to tape Pick Of The Pops too (I've remembered now that the DJ was Alan Freeman) so when Alan (Mastin) and I met, he had loads of tapes too, with Alan Freeman going "Now Pop-pickers, here's this weeks number One."

Those were the days, but I'd never go back to them, because those were the years BM (Before Mika) and I want to stay in the years AM (After Mika)

Back on topic though. I'm wondering how many albums he will have sold by the time it's released in the UK. I hope its in the millions! This would hopefully encourage the UK radio stations to take his album seriously and play the songs. I also hope he has many radio ond TV dates lined up in the UK, for promotion of the album.

I don't know if somebody already noticed, but last weekend I bought the international deluxe edition of TOOL.

When you take the first CD out (the left in one in the box), you see a little drawing, but it also says: "put this CD in your pc and go to http://www.mikasounds.com/bonus/ for exclusive content".

Unfortunately I can't open the website.

Weird enough, I also bought the French deluxe edition last week and it looks like the text isn't in that one.

I don't know if somebody already noticed, but last weekend I bought the international deluxe edition of TOOL.

When you take the first CD out (the left in one in the box), you see a little drawing, but it also says: "put this CD in your pc and go to http://www.mikasounds.com/bonus/ for exclusive content".

Weird enough, I also bought the French deluxe edition last week and it looks like the text isn't in that one.

I'm going to try this now!

I thought I was the only one having problems... I'm such a technical miracle :aah: Can't get it working!

I thought I was the only one having problems... I'm such a technical miracle :aah: Can't get it working!

Weird, the page doesn't exist :dunno:

Same here :dunno:

I've been thinking, maybe we'll have to wait for the bonus page 'till 8 October? I don't know, but the website isn't that big and there is a lot that isn't on there, so maybe when the new album is released in the UK there will be a completely new website which is bigger and will have the page for the bonus-content?

I've been thinking, maybe we'll have to wait for the bonus page 'till 8 October? I don't know, but the website isn't that big and there is a lot that isn't on there, so maybe when the new album is released in the UK there will be a completely new website which is bigger and will have the page for the bonus-content?

I thoght about that too :wink2:

Weird, the page doesn't exist :dunno:

Same here :dunno:

I thoght about that too :wink2:

We'll wait then.... :thumb_yello:

Just bought it, the sticker says "Includes the singles Celebrate and Stardust" :mf_rosetinted:

Does it mean Underwater is released as a single only in France? Acoustic Stardust was really lovely, not my top fav songs on the album but liking it more and more.

Does it mean Underwater is released as a single only in France? Acoustic Stardust was really lovely, not my top fav songs on the album but liking it more and more.

I think so, I read that Underwater was only going to be released in Frace somewhere.

I would prefer Origin of Love becaus it's so beautiful, the chorus part isn't irritating (thinking of those who don't like Mika's falsetto too much) and the lyrics are really good.

Actually I think Stardust would be a great single it matches more the songs you hear on the radio nowadays. But in my opinion love you when I'm drunk would be the perfect single, it's easy to sing along with, but is still original. I'm pretty sure it would get a lot of air time.