"The Origin of Love" - the pieces of a puzzle

nenartus

I've download the french version on Itunes, but I would like to know how many version are available right now? the booklet is just awesome and I'm really interested to see the differences between the versions. And to finish, how buy the other versions in digital (just for the italian versions and the acoustics)

There's a thread about the different versions here:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27244

I'm in the US and I ordered off mikasounds, so when do I get mine? Now or Oct 16th?

I believe you'll be getting the UK version if you've ordered from Mikasounds, so your copy will be shipped with the UK release -- which is October 8.

MIKA is pleased to announce details of his forthcoming third studio album. ‘The Origin of Love’ will be released through Casablanca/Island Records on the 8th October 2012.

I believe you'll be getting the UK version if you've ordered from Mikasounds, so your copy will be shipped with the UK release -- which is October 8.

hmmm, so really I paid double to get it about the same time when it ships.

oh here it is

*This is a pre-order for the UK version of the album. The album can be ordered internationally using this link but tracklists may vary. Orders will be posted out 08/10/12.

Oh, how I wish the deluxe version was posted on the US Amazon from the get go. Now trying to cancel the mikasounds order.

Edited by katydid

That is rediculous! The US should be able to get their own version. Admittedly, the UK version would raise Mika up in the UK charts, but he needs to get up there in the USA aswell. So USA should be able to order on their own iTunes!

You know something! I could run it better than this shower of idiots who've been deciding when the album comes out, and where.

Greg Wells ‏@greg_wells

so mika fans... wadaya think?

:naughty:

I bet he'll be flooded with flashing hearts and 'amazing'

Songwriter Paul Steel @paulsteel (he cowrote on Underwater and Origin of Love) tweeted something similar this morning:

how are you mika fans enjoying #TheOriginOfLove ? any favourites?

:thumb_yello:

That is rediculous! The US should be able to get their own version. Admittedly, the UK version would raise Mika up in the UK charts, but he needs to get up there in the USA aswell. So USA should be able to order on their own iTunes!

You know something! I could run it better than this shower of idiots who've been deciding when the album comes out, and where.

:lmfao:

But fear not, the album is FINALLY available on US iTunes! We have to wait until October 16, but at least it's there -- it's the same track listing as the UK version. :thumb_yello:

Songwriter Paul Steel @paulsteel (he cowrote on Underwater and Origin of Love) tweeted something similar this morning:

how are you mika fans enjoying #TheOriginOfLove ? any favourites?

:thumb_yello:

:lmfao:

But fear not, the album is FINALLY available on US iTunes! We have to wait until October 16, but at least it's there -- it's the same track listing as the UK version. :thumb_yello:

It's still really cockeyed, the way the release has been so staggered! I've been listening to TOOL on YT. The full album is there! While I'm glad to be able to hear it, I hope ppl won't download it off there. Mind you, I'm so technically dense that I don't know if they can, but what I want is for ppl to buy the album and get his ass to number one in all countries, but this staggering of the release is really not a good idea imho.

But we'll see how it all turns out.

what I want is for ppl to buy the album and get his ass to number one in all countries, but this staggering of the release is really not a good idea imho.

I think it's just a calculated risk Marilyn. If they released TOOL today it would not go to number 1 in the UK. He hasn't done enough promo. Not enough people know about it yet. I think people in France would have been more likely to illegally download if they'd had to wait any longer (i.e. while he was getting things off the ground in the UK) because they knew he had a new album coming and would have been looking for it.

The album was going to leak onto the internet anyway (as it did last Thursday), whether it was released in France or not.

It's still really cockeyed, the way the release has been so staggered! I've been listening to TOOL on YT. The full album is there! While I'm glad to be able to hear it, I hope ppl won't download it off there. Mind you, I'm so technically dense that I don't know if they can, but what I want is for ppl to buy the album and get his ass to number one in all countries, but this staggering of the release is really not a good idea imho.

There's a zillion ways to download the album now, youtube probably being the most tedious option. But that's not necessarily a problem. The ones most interested in that album right now are the die-hard fans and they are going to buy that album anyway. For the rest, a lot of people will download the album and only buy it once they decide they like it. That's what I did with the first two albums, even though I didn't know they existed until well after their release. As long as they keep deciding on the worst possible singles to be released, illegal downloads could actually be good for Mika in the sense that it also works as promo. Some people download for the sake of downloading, but I know a lot of people that download a lot, but will always buy a CD if they have listened to it a few times and find out they like it.

I downloaded Grace Kelly and Relax from Limewire because it was December 2006 and there were no other ways to get it. I bought the album after I decided to go to a gig.

This is exactly what I did in the 80s. I recorded songs from the radio and if someone had a great album I would save up and buy it.

They are making all this disposable pop garbage these days instead of good albums and then trying to blame illegal downloads for lack of sales. Adele's album went diamond in Canada. That's 1 million copies in a country of 30 million people. It's the same certification that artists like Bryan Adams, Celine Dion and Alanis Morrisette received in the 80s and 90s and it's not even Adele's home country.

If you make something that people want to buy they will buy it.

I finally decided to pre-order from Mikasounds and the site won't recognise my password :aah: So I requested a new password - nothing. Tried again - nothing. Requested password again - this time got message saying they were mailing me a password - never received an email :sneaky2:

So I mailed Universal about the password problem - which may well be stopping other people from being able to order too. And guess what - they haven't replied either :hair:

:tears: maybe pre order don't have some kind of privilege? :dunno:

I ordered from Mikasounds in 23-08 and amazon fr in 14-08 nothing yet :aah:

Can't wait to get in my hands :wub2: ok waited 3 years I will relax :pray:

There's a zillion ways to download the album now, youtube probably being the most tedious option. But that's not necessarily a problem. The ones most interested in that album right now are the die-hard fans and they are going to buy that album anyway. For the rest, a lot of people will download the album and only buy it once they decide they like it. That's what I did with the first two albums, even though I didn't know they existed until well after their release. As long as they keep deciding on the worst possible singles to be released, illegal downloads could actually be good for Mika in the sense that it also works as promo. Some people download for the sake of downloading, but I know a lot of people that download a lot, but will always buy a CD if they have listened to it a few times and find out they like it.

Well at least ppl are able to hear the album. The comments on YT are really good. One said something like "My Mika's back, it's made my day." Another said "I'm definately buying the cd". People are saying how great the album is.

I suppose you and @Christine are right in what you say. It hopefully won't do any harm and could actually do some good.

I keep hoping we'll hear about more TV appearances in the UK, which is what he needs over here. It doesn't hurt that he's become Drop-Dead-Gorgeous, as well as still being his charismatic self in interviews.

I was just remembering when I was young, and on Sunday night (as now) the top twenty songs were on Radio One. I'd be sitting next to the transister radio with a tape recorder, getting ready to press record when a song I liked came on. I'd have tapes by the dozen of my faves, with the DJs voice breaking in every so often. Sometimes the tapes would have other noises, like someone coming into the room and a "shhhhhhh" from me.

Just thought I'd share that bit of nostalgia. But that's how we illegally downloaded in my day, when dinosaurs ruled the Earth.

So, I was in the bookstore today and curious as I was, I grabbed the most important Dutch music magazine, Oor, to see if they had a review of TOOL. Naturally, they did.

And it was really positive.

Basically, what they said was that Mika rocketed the fame with LICM, which went too fast, after which TBWKTM wasn't so good and he lost some of that fame. But as Mika doesn't really care about fame, he went on like "a happy kid who is drawing, receives a compliment, and then starts drawing like a maniac again." They talked about some songs, said that basically all the songs were really good and entertaining pop songs just more mature and that...*drum rolls*...Mika is back:mf_rosetinted:

Edited by IngievV

So, I was in the bookstore today and curious as I was, I grabbed the most important Dutch music magazine, Oor, to see if they had a review of TOOL. Naturally, they did.

And it was really positive.

Basically, what they said was that Mika rocketed the fame with LICM, which went too fast, after which TBWKTM wasn't so good and he lost some of that fame. But as Mika doesn't really care about fame, he went on like "a happy kid who is drawing, receives a compliment, and then starts drawing like a maniac again." They talked about some songs, said that basically all the songs were really good and entertaining pop songs and that...*drum rolls*...Mika is back:mf_rosetinted:

Oor even!!! That means that basically no radio host will dare to bitch about this album :yay:

I finally decided to pre-order from Mikasounds and the site won't recognise my password :aah: So I requested a new password - nothing. Tried again - nothing. Requested password again - this time got message saying they were mailing me a password - never received an email :sneaky2:

So I mailed Universal about the password problem - which may well be stopping other people from being able to order too. And guess what - they haven't replied either :hair:

With all the changes in the site when I've pre-ordered, I was affraid that would happen to me. Thankfully it didn't happen :wink2:

:tears: maybe pre order don't have some kind of privilege? :dunno:

I ordered from Mikasounds in 23-08 and amazon fr in 14-08 nothing yet :aah:

Can't wait to get in my hands :wub2: ok waited 3 years I will relax :pray:

Well, I inform that I got today the Deluxe french version from Ebay, can't wait to hear it (transferring to mp3 player).

I thought that my Mikasounds pre-order would come first :wait:

Does anybody knows how are the screenprints??? Worth buying it??? :mikadas:

I did pre-order it, still waiting. I'll post feedback about it :thumb_yello: