"The Origin of Love" - the pieces of a puzzle

nenartus

I understand, but I'm just going by how the media seems to be here. I mean, Mika had that huge #1 in France, with EMD, and the British media couldn't care less. I remember when he won Best Male at the NRJs and one paper, can't remember which, had a big article about the NRJs and were concentrating on some woman who'd won an award. There was a big picture of her. In the article was a list of some others that had won awards, but surprise surprise, no mention of Mika. There was a list at the bottom of the article with all the winners, and Mika was on the list. But he got no special mention, even though he's thought of as a British popstar.

They didn't attempt to explain about his success with EMD. People reading probably wondered why Mika had won.

Yet, I do think, if the USA were to embrace him, he would at least get radio play in the UK again. I'm so worried that if he's not on the top radio stations his song won't be a hit, and that would be so tragic.

I've been tweeting @BBCR1 and asking fans to RT my tweets, but no one seems to have retweeted them so far. My twitter now is @Good&Golden

As much as Id love him to succeed, I don´t think it´d be a tragedy if he doesn´t make it to number one this time either. If he keeps on selling albums as he did with TBWKTM he won´t starve... And as he said, it´s not only selling albums how a singer makes money. For sure he´s made a lot more money performing than selling albums.

Of course it´d be fantastic to be even more known all around the world, but if he keeps the prices to his shows, I don´t think he will dissapear anytime soon from the music scene... First time I went to his show, there were literally hundreds of people who were attending just because they liked Relax, and since his show was cheap, the decided to go see him.

Anyway, this time is not like it was with TBWKTM... this album is far better (IMO) and it´ll be aired for sure. Let´s keep our fingers crossed and let´s see what happens.

Oh, and Europeans!!! If he makes it to USA forget about seeing him every year as it´s been happening till now. If he needs to tour the US properly... erm... :aah:

Sometimes I wonder whether he even wants to do that well and become a megastar in the US. Doesn't seem like he'd enjoy that much fame. But who knows... I'm not even sure if I'd really want him to become as famous as someone like Katy Perry or Adele, but at the same time I really do want his music to be heard by more people 'cause he's so incredibly talented.

Sometimes I wonder whether he even wants to do that well and become a megastar in the US. Doesn't seem like he'd enjoy that much fame. But who knows... I'm not even sure if I'd really want him to become as famous as someone like Katy Perry or Adele, but at the same time I really do want his music to be heard by more people 'cause he's so incredibly talented.

Exactly my thoughts. He once said he wouldn´t like to be that famous, cause he loves to go in the street peacefully EVEN IN FRANCE. That´s what he said like two years ago, not sure if he still can do that today though :aah:

Exactly my thoughts. He once said he wouldn´t like to be that famous, cause he loves to go in the street peacefully EVEN IN FRANCE. That´s what he said like two years ago, not sure if he still can do that today though :aah:

I wish him successful sellings of the album which make sure that he will be able to work with the freedom he had in the past.

I also don´t think he wants to be successful like Gaga.

I think there is a happy medium in there somewhere and you don't need to be a megastar to have some success in the US because it has such a huge population. I mean even if less than 1% of the US population buys TOOL he will have sold more albums than he did worldwide with TBWKTM. On a per capita basis that's about what he sold of LICM in Canada and he was not a star on par with Adele and Katy Perry at all.

I wish him successful sellings of the album which make sure that he will be able to work with the freedom he had in the past.

I also don´t think he wants to be successful like Gaga.

I think so too.. :') I just feel that he doesn't need to become that big, as long as he is free to do what he wants with his music and still enjoys it... However, I guess I can't really complain when it comes to Mika's gigs in Europe... So I guess, American & Canadian fans'd be happy to see him more there as well :'>

How lucky you are, I have to wait almost two more weeks :sad:

Well if that's any consolation, I've just spent my afternoon in any possible shop which might sell it already.. I failed :aah: Lol

I'll have to rush to the shop after work on Monday, as I had previously planned

The Origin of Love is mentioned in Dutch magazine Viva. Not really a review, but just letting us know it's out. Unfortunately they published the wrong release date, but as it is a big magazine over here, any publicity is good publicity!

Well if that's any consolation, I've just spent my afternoon in any possible shop which might sell it already.. I failed :aah: Lol

I'll have to rush to the shop after work on Monday, as I had previously planned

I'm down right now. A spanish fan went to fnac to ask for when TOOL will be availabe in Spain and they said November...:tears: I can't believe it, this is like an agony, hope they are wrong :sneaky2:

Warning for spoilers! The booklet artwork photos can be found in this FB page's gallery:

They're absolutely stunning! The album cover could've been so much more interesting, but I still like it a lot.

Okay I don't have to worry about watermarks anymore then. Better they put it out there than me. :naughty:

Warning for spoilers! The booklet artwork photos can be found in this FB page's gallery:

They're absolutely stunning! The album cover could've been so much more interesting, but I still like it a lot.

Must stay away. Must not peak. Must be strong. :mf_rosetinted: Who/what FB page is it btw?

Must stay away. Must not peak. Must be strong. :mf_rosetinted: Who/what FB page is it btw?

"Mika is the best" :naughty:

I'm hoping to find the album by my doorstep when I come home today, ordered the deluxe French version. These artworks are so cool, can't wait to flip through the booklet!

Oh wait those are my watermarked pics. :lmfao:

I already started a thread about these last night Lara since I downloaded the digital booklet from iTunes. :wink2:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27337

Oh, thanks! Gosh, there's so much going on now all over this forum I'm kind of getting lost :naughty: Exciting times now.

There's a digital booklet? :shocked: Is it only available on French iTunes?

I got it on Canadian iTunes since the album was also released here today. There may be some digital extras included with the CD, I'm not sure. I won't get my CD until October but hopefully someone else can say.

keep up the good fight!

ugh i wanna peak so bad, but i have to draw the line somewhere :teehee:

:hi5:

I even blocked images on MFC when someone posted a pic from the booklet on mikasounds thread :naughty: I wanna see it when my CD arrives :teehee:

I've download the french version on Itunes, but I would like to know how many version are available right now? the booklet is just awesome and I'm really interested to see the differences between the versions. And to finish, how buy the other versions in digital (just for the italian versions and the acoustics)