"The Origin of Love" - the pieces of a puzzle

nenartus

Actually I think Stardust would be a great single it matches more the songs you hear on the radio nowadays. But in my opinion love you when I'm drunk would be the perfect single, it's easy to sing along with, but is still original. I'm pretty sure it would get a lot of air time.

With a title like that, I pretty sure many radios would not play Love you when I'm drunk, arguing it's too explicit:sneaky2:

My money is on Stardust for a UK single.

I find it bizarre that people criticize some of these tracks saying it's like everything else on the radio. As if what's on the radio isn't what everyone is listening to and likes and buys. Like the goal of pop music should be to make something that's not popular. :doh:

I find it bizarre that people criticize some of these tracks saying it's like everything else on the radio. As if what's on the radio isn't what everyone is listening to and likes and buys. Like the goal of pop music should be to make something that's not popular. :doh:

I don't think any of Mika's songs sound like everything else that is on the radio. If they were though, I think it would work to Mika's disadvantage as he is so different in voice and personality from the rest.

I also believe that some of his singles failed because there was a real or assumed attempt to make them sound like everything else on the radio and it did not work as they ended up with an in-between product.

With a title like that, I pretty sure many radios would not play Love you when I'm drunk, arguing it's too explicit:sneaky2:

Didn't think of that. But that's kind of sick if they wouldn't play the song because of the title but are happy to play songs like 'whistle'.

I don't think any of Mika's songs sound like everything else that is on the radio. If they were though, I think it would work to Mika's disadvantage as he is so different in voice and personality from the rest.

I also believe that some of his singles failed because there was a real or assumed attempt to make them sound like everything else on the radio and it did not work as they ended up with an in-between product.

That's what I think too!

He'll have to practice singing it though. His performance for BBC2 was absolutely beautiful, but not flawless. And that was an acoustic version, which in my opinion he's usually better at than at performing dance songs (rain, celebrate)...

I don't know if somebody already noticed, but last weekend I bought the international deluxe edition of TOOL.

When you take the first CD out (the left in one in the box), you see a little drawing, but it also says: "put this CD in your pc and go to http://www.mikasounds.com/bonus/ for exclusive content".

Unfortunately I can't open the website.

Weird enough, I also bought the French deluxe edition last week and it looks like the text isn't in that one.

I thought I was the only one having problems... I'm such a technical miracle :aah: Can't get it working!

Weird, the page doesn't exist :dunno:

Same here :dunno:

When I first tried this it said the page didn't exist, but when I tried again it said: We're sorry but access is not allowed from your country which pissed me off even more:sneaky2:

When I first tried this it said the page didn't exist, but when I tried again it said: We're sorry but access is not allowed from your country which pissed me off even more:sneaky2:

Same here :giveup:

Work Mikasounds! Work! :mf_rosetinted:

Tried now and the same thing for me :sneaky2:

Tried a UK proxy but the same thing. Seems like they're not finished :dunno:

He'll have to practice singing it though. His performance for BBC2 was absolutely beautiful, but not flawless. And that was an acoustic version, which in my opinion he's usually better at than at performing dance songs (rain, celebrate)...

It takes more work on sounds when performing dancy songs... so I assume Mika doesn't have enough time to arrange dancy songs for stage... he's insanely busy promoting songs these days :shocked:

Agree.. Stardust sounds more 'Single' among all songs in TOOL. Not in my fave list but it sounds like a single-cut-able song :thumb_yello:

Tried now and the same thing for me :sneaky2:

Tried a UK proxy but the same thing. Seems like they're not finished :dunno:

I used Expat Shield and it worked!:thumb_yello:

But then it turned out to be just a collection of song interviews the already uploaded on yt:sneaky2:

I used Expat Shield and it worked!:thumb_yello:

But then it turned out to be just a collection of song interviews the already uploaded on yt:sneaky2:

Okay, but why doesn't it work with a proxy? :blink:

Really, nothing else? :sneaky2:

Edit: Ofc it didn't work when I used the wrong link :doh:

I've just been to Manchester with husband Alan. While we were there we went into HMVs to see how they were displaying the album. It was prominantly displayed on the CHART section just as you go into the store. So I was pleased. I also saw a guy who works there and asked him to please play the album in the store, as it's so great. He promised they would.

So that's a nice bit of Mika promo I've done (hopefully) today.

It seems that this is the screenprint:

A47oIvyCIAAT5l7.jpg:large

I don't think the poster is the screenprint

MIKA is pleased to announce details of his third studio album, ‘The Origin of Love’, released through Casablanca/Island Records. This version of the album also comes with a poster which is exclusive to mikasounds.com customers.

500 deluxe albums will be signed by MIKA at random, applicable to both the DELUXE 2CD and DELUXE 2CD + SCREENPRINT bundle.

This exclusive bundle also comes with a strictly limited edition, hand-numbered screenprint to commemorate the release of 'The Origin Of Love'. Printed on 250 gsm archival paper, this print is exclusive to mikasounds.com. Size: 12 inch x 12 inch (approx).

I don't think the poster is the screenprint

MIKA is pleased to announce details of his third studio album, ‘The Origin of Love’, released through Casablanca/Island Records. This version of the album also comes with a poster which is exclusive to mikasounds.com customers.

500 deluxe albums will be signed by MIKA at random, applicable to both the DELUXE 2CD and DELUXE 2CD + SCREENPRINT bundle.

This exclusive bundle also comes with a strictly limited edition, hand-numbered screenprint to commemorate the release of 'The Origin Of Love'. Printed on 250 gsm archival paper, this print is exclusive to mikasounds.com. Size: 12 inch x 12 inch (approx).

I've found it on twitter,so I guess you're right :dunno:

• 3 weeks later...

FINALLY I bought "The Origin Of Love" Deluxe! I'm so happy!!! Now I feel one of the bunch:blush-anim-cl:

btw, Celebrate Remix is so unnecessary and boring...:sneaky2: sorry to say that..:huh:

Anyway, Mazal Tov to me! :yay:

:bed:

Edited by lollipop161

• 5 months later...

The Origin Of Love (PVG) Sheet Music

http://www.musicroom.com/se/id_no/01070429/details.html

Published on: 13/05/2013

Length: 114 pages

● Celebrate

● Emily

● Kids

● Lora

● Love You When I'm Drunk

● Make You happy

● Origin Of Love

● Overrated

● Popular Song

● Stardust

● Step With Me

● Underwater

TOOL_sheetmusic1.jpg

TOOL_sheetmusic2.jpg

TOOL_sheetmusic3-1.jpg

TOOL_sheetmusic4.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz

The Origin Of Love (PVG) Sheet Music

http://www.musicroom.com/se/id_no/01070429/details.html

Published on: 13/05/2013

Length: 114 pages

● Celebrate

● Emily

● Kids

● Lora

● Love You When I'm Drunk

● Make You happy

● Origin Of Love

● Overrated

● Popular Song

● Stardust

● Step With Me

● Underwater

Yay, finally! Thanks Eriko for finding out it's been released. :wub2: Will order one right away. :D