Mika at NRJ Music Awards 2012 - 28/1/2012

Miro

Thanks for all the links and pics everyone :flowers2:

It was fantastic watching the show and commenting with fellow MFC-ers on twitter, a real virtual party!!!

Feel so happy that he got the award, he deserved to win so very much. His reaction and what he said about thanking the fans were really sweet :wub2:

I'm also happy that he confirmed that the album will be out in spring. It's not that we didnt expect that it'd be spring but hearing it from him made me even more excited about it :biggrin2:

Thanks for the photolinks skiwi :thumb_yello:

Why??? Why do you keep nagging me about my skirt, when this is not a skirt???

This is the new black, a fashionable doormat by Louboutin!!!

41914887.png

:floor: exactly!

Haha!! You're right :teehee:

Edited by Droopsy

Hehe it's totally still a fisherman vest.

What did they say?

No,it's more like a sleeveless trench coat.:teehee:

Mika: How are you?

Fans: Good,how are you?

M:I'm fine! This is for me? thank you very much! See you later!

F:I have a question,will you take a plane tomorrow?

M:Aha!*funny face* No,not a plane.

Sorry,my first translation :biggrin2: (maybe someone can do it better:blush-anim-cl:)

Edited by krysady

more from me about the performance ;-)

He's got more "heaviness" inside ...like he feels more "worthy" inside-for himself, for me he was always worth all the money in the world

he looked very charismatic, very self confident and comfortable on stage.

now I think he looks very good in black from head to toes :)

(and of course I love this oriental things around his hips...:)

Thanks very much to all of you for your work, pics, vids, links, etc.. :flowers2:

I haven't seen the live show last Saturday but thanks to you all, I was able to catch it up in few minutes today

You're definitively a great team! :thumb_yello:

Very happy also that Mika has won an award :wub2:

Probably not the best performance (damned playback! :sneaky2:) neither the best outfit (how do you call that thing.. a doormat???? :aah:) but he deserved it anyway!

I hope this will bring him luck for 2012 :wub2:

awww he stopped to meet the fans

thanks for posting Leire:thumb_yello:

I simply love his performance regardless of playback.

Both he and his band look very relaxed and the this kind of outfit can suit only him. :biggrin2:

awww he stopped to meet the fans

thanks for posting Leire:thumb_yello:

thanks for posting :biggrin2:

T4P!:thumb_yello:

sweet and polite as always :wub2:

Thank you,LeiRe ! Finally we can see now it's not a fisherman vest.:teehee:

You're welcome, girls! :thumb_yello:

Sorry for returning to the "Mika's performance" topic, but I want to say something.

Yes, it was pretty bad, I agree. But as a fan I can forgive him all that playback thing as long as he's not doing it at his own concerts. But if I were a casual NRJ awards viewer, I would get a really bad impression about Mika and would never consider a possibility about going to one of his gigs, because that night Mika performed in the same level as Britney, or even worse, since Britney at least can lip sync, while Mika really can't do it (I see that as a good thing, actually :naughty:).

And what Perez wrote (and later deleted, but others bloggers were fast enough to copy it) isn't really helping :sneaky2:

So I have one question for Mika: what were you thinking, boy?? :aah:

Sorry for returning to the "Mika's performance" topic, but I want to say something.

Yes, it was pretty bad, I agree. But as a fan I can forgive him all that playback thing as long as he's not doing it at his own concerts. But if I were a casual NRJ awards viewer, I would get a really bad impression about Mika and would never consider a possibility about going to one of his gigs, because that night Mika performed in the same level as Britney, or even worse, since Britney at least can lip sync, while Mika really can't do it (I see that as a good thing, actually :naughty:).

And what Perez wrote (and later deleted, but others bloggers were fast enough to copy it) isn't really helping :sneaky2:

Maybe it wasn't his choice,could be some technical problems,I heard of that before.I'm quite sure he will never choose playback instead of live performance. :wink2:

What did Perez write????:blink:

Maybe it wasn't his choice,could be some technical problems,I heard of that before.I'm quite sure he will never choose playback instead of live performance. :wink2:

What kind of technical problems it could be, for example? They couldn't find a working microphone or was it too hard to soften playback track? :roftl: And I'm sure it wasn't his idea, but he agreed to do it. If there were some technical problems (which I find a lame excuse, because it was a biggest award show in France and not some second-class concert in a village), he should have not performed at all, because now it caused more damage than good. :dunno:

What did Perez write????:blink:

Mika Underwhelms At The NRJ Awards

Hmm, we're not sure about this performance, but he is fun to watch. Mika performed his song Elle Me Dit, which is a hit in France, for the crowd at the 2012 NRJ Awards in Cannes. Too bad his lip syncing is off! LOLz!

:boxed:

What kind of technical problems it could be, for example? They couldn't find a working microphone or was it too hard to soften playback track? :roftl: And I'm sure it wasn't his idea, but he agreed to do it. If there were some technical problems (which I find a lame excuse, because it was a biggest award show in France and not some second-class concert in a village), he should have not performed at all, because now it caused more damage than good. :dunno:

Technical problems can happen no matter how big the award ceremony is. The Brits, our big music award show has had it happen several times in the past. And last week on the National Television Awards, our biggest tv awards show, near the end they had problems with the ear pieces for the presenter of one of the major awards.

Well,technical problems it happens all the time,I guess I saw it even on Eurovision a few years ago,it's just could happen.

You mean he should deprived us of his dance???:shocked::mf_rosetinted:

Edited by krysady

Hmm, we're not sure about this performance, but he is fun to watch. Mika performed his song Elle Me Dit, which is a hit in France, for the crowd at the 2012 NRJ Awards in Cannes. Too bad his lip syncing is off! LOLz!

The bastard!

Great friend, uh, Mika? With friends like these who needs enemies???

oh god:shocked: that´s hard... okay I think it´s true but...

his performance can destroy all that is built up with emd in france :(.

Isn´t it possible to decide yourself if you do it live or playback?

I didn´t like the choreo aswell.It´s been a nice idea but the dancers did absolutely nothing.

Look this happened to him once before and he told a small group of us about it afterwards. I was never sure if this was something he said in semi confidence or that he had hoped we would spread the word. But I guess I will never believe that Mika tells fans "secrets" so I suppose I will post it :naughty:. As I said earlier the band was not with him at all so he required some sort of background recording for the music. Apparently they had the wrong track (I guess with his main vocals on it) and Mika refused to lip sync. They basically told him that he will never appear on the network again if he didn't go through with it. :boxed:

I didn't notice anything wrong at the time because we could hear him singing in the studio and you can even hear him a bit on the TV broadcast. But the playback is overwhelming, as it is at the end of this NRJ performance. I guess these things happen and I am not going to criticize him for it :dunno:

But I still think if he wants to maintain his integrity and battle the kind of attacks he will get when this happens, he should drop all of this playback from his real gigs. It's just not worth it. People are there for his energy and his stunning live vocals. The audience doesn't care if the chorus isn't identical to the recording.