Mika at NRJ Music Awards 2012 - 28/1/2012

Miro

Mika didn't promote the French language before they awarded him the medal. Unless you call speaking French in France "promoting the language". :naughty:

We still have a monarchical system so maybe this concept of "knighthood" or even cultural awards doesn't mean the same elsewhere but I just don't get it. :dunno:

oh didn't know Canada was a kingdom?:blush-anim-cl:

We debated a lot about Mika deserving the medal or not at the time (I think he really does now with EMD); but I don't think it is centred only on French culture. For example I see that Jim Carrey was awarded this medal; but I don't think he has anything to do with French/France?

Didn't George Clooney get it once?

And he resides mainly in Italy when he's in Europe, so quite what he does for culture in France, I don't know.

It wasn't lip sync or miming at all!:sneaky2:

"Pourquoi tu gâches ta vie?" is on the backing track, and there are some Mika back vocals in the chorus part, and about 2:01 he sings "Elle me dit danse" instead of "Elle me dit "c'est ta vie fais ce que tu veux tant pis un jour tu comprendras un jour tu t'en voudras"

He was singing all along! Listen (to me very carefully, i shall say zis only once!:mf_rosetinted:)

Though the sound was surprisingly bad, but that's more NRJ's fault.

[YOUTUBE]LINMlzd1m8U[/YOUTUBE]

We debated a lot about Mika deserving the medal or not at the time (I think he really does now with EMD); but I don't think it is centred only on French culture. For example I see that Jim Carrey was awarded this medal; but I don't think he has anything to do with French/France?

So what is it about? Why are they giving it to Jim Carrey? I don't even think he's received a Canadian award like that. :dunno:

oh didn't know Canada was a kingdom?:blush-anim-cl:

The Queen of England is our head of state. :wink2:

We know he was singing into his microphone but there is still playback overwhelming his vocals, especially at the end.

So what is it about? Why are they giving it to Jim Carrey? :dunno:

The Queen of England is our head of state. :wink2:

We know he was singing into his microphone but there is still playback overwhelming his vocals, especially at the end.

hehe, see whilst discussing Mika, i learn something new :teehee:

So what is it about? Why are they giving it to Jim Carrey? I don't even think he's received a Canadian award like that. :dunno:

I'll just translate the statement about this knighthood

'It rewards people who distinguished themselves by their creation in the artistic or literary domains or by the contribution they brought to the influence of arts and literature in France and in the world'

It can mean anything really :teehee:

Yes it's the same 'medal'.

Her latest hit is a cover of a famous French song so that maybe influenced their choice :dunno:

oh, thank you for saying that! when I heard her singing that song I thought sth like hhhhaaa, is it her original song? and it's a bit funny cause I swear I consciously wouldn't say I know that song but unconsciously I thought (if this is correct way to say that;-)) this is a song I heard before, sth familiar, sth I know....

aha so this is a cover....i'm sure I can find out who sang that originally but if you know can you tell me please.:)

"Pourquoi tu gâches ta vie?" is on the backing track, and there are some Mika back vocals in the chorus part, and about 2:01 he sings "Elle me dit danse" instead of "Elle me dit "c'est ta vie fais ce que tu veux tant pis un jour tu comprendras un jour tu t'en voudras"

He was singing all along! Listen (to me very carefully, i shall say zis only once!:mf_rosetinted:)

Though the sound was surprisingly bad, but that's more NRJ's fault.

[YOUTUBE]LINMlzd1m8U[/YOUTUBE]

of course he sang live and that incident with sound/additional playback is just an incident!

and yes...sth wrong with the transmission of the sound....Mika's song was quieter that's one thing...when you listen to the whole transmission and the jingle of "nrj" at the beginning plus other performances they are much louder!

ps. maybe they just made the additional vocals(a la playback) louder -transmitted it to tv, and the real vocal dissapeared in all this? like wrong cable;-)) it reminds me of this "Koko" gig in 2010 or 2009....I was there and Mika sang live (that one when he had a man flu) but when we heard it later on tv it sounded like playback at moments....

Edited by Melisanda

aha so this is a cover....i'm sure I can find out who sang that originally but if you know can you tell me please.:)

Of course I can tell you, the singer is Francis Cabrel and the title 'Je l'aime à mourir' :wink2:

thanxxxx!!!

(I hate this page....half of videos opens for me and half doesn't....this one-noooooo) :(

I can't get it to run either :no:

same here

could anyone upload to YT later???

thank you!! :wub2:

here's a d/l link :original:

http://www.mediafire.com/?22subxcbn8h80ma

thank you Marixxxx:-))) you are goldeeen

ps. looks like I'm having problems with downloading from mediafire too....never happened to me before....noticed that yesterday when Bia uploaded to mediafire....hmmmm only yt is my saviour....

does anyone have similar problems????? "your downloading has started" and then "ooops, problem" and then "repair " and all over again....

Edited by Melisanda

Did you come to Cannes with Fanny Ardant? You're inseparable aren't you?

The truth is that no, I didn't come to Cannes with Fanny Ardant but it's clear she was on the screen behind me but... inseparable I'm not sure... Honestly, we met and we adored each other, well we didn't adore each other, I adored her and she was careful and after that we made a video clip together and I think she wanted to kill me. That's the truth, she wanted to kill me, she didn't know why she was doing this and I was telling her it's a good idea and that she would be great in the vid. It's clear she had never done something like that and now, yes, we get on well, I'm really proud to have her in my video because honestly she's an icon, a French icon in every way. I adore her, she has class, even if she hated me.

In EMD, your mum is really strict, was yours cooler?

My mum is quite cool, very cool. Actually she's here at the NMA tonight, she's working on the set, she's the one who made that (showing his waist thingy). She's cool but she's hard. She has... in fact no she's very hard, she's harder than in the song but she's cool. We get on very well, it's a kind of... We get on like.. not really mother and son, it's more like friends and... there are a lot of fights. But she's cool. I respect her. It's better than everything.

I wanted to see you so much in your last vid, when will be the next single and promise me you'll be in the vid

Yes I will be in the video. The reason why I was not in the other one is because I released it before the album was ready and I wanted to make a video that was a bit like, I don't know, a short movie. And that for me was cooler than being in the video performing. And, well, when there's Fanny Ardant, why would we need me? And also, I'll be in the next video, and it will arrive... quite soon, I go back in 3 days and continue recording and finishing the album, I'm nearly doing the sound mixing and so we'll finish it very soon.

Mika, you gave a gig at the Parc des Princes and the Palais Impérial, where do you take us next?

Next time I'd like to do the Cirque d'Hiver again and otherwise I'd like to do a small residency in a small theatre somewhere, it doesn't have to be in Paris, it could be a pretty theatre in Lyon or somewhere like this I don't know, in Lille (:swoon:) I want to settle in that theatre for 6 shows or something like that and present something very beautiful. That would be very cool. And after that, we do the big tour again. Because I have a lot of ideas.

If you had a super power...

That's hard... To freeze time. Like this.

Did you come to Cannes with Fanny Ardant? You're inseparable aren't you?

The truth is that no, I didn't come to Cannes with Fanny Ardant but it's clear she was on the screen behind me but... inseparable I'm not sure... Honestly, we met and we adored each other, well we didn't adore each other, I adored her and she was careful and after that we made a video clip together and I think she wanted to kill me. That's the truth, she wanted to kill me, she didn't know why she was doing this and I was telling her it's a good idea and that she would be great in the vid. It's clear she had never done something like that and now, yes, we get on well, I'm really proud to have her in my video because honestly she's an icon, a French icon in every way. I adore her, she has class, even if she hated me.

In EMD, your mum is really strict, was yours cooler?

My mum is quite cool, very cool. Actually she's here at the NMA tonight, she's working on the set, she's the one who made that (showing his waist thingy). She's cool but she's hard. She has... in fact no she's very hard, she's harder than in the song but she's cool. We get on very well, it's a kind of... We get on like.. not really mother and son, it's more like friends and... there are a lot of fights. But she's cool. I respect her. It's better than everything.

I wanted to see you so much in your last vid, when will be the next single and promise me you'll be in the vid

Yes I will be in the video. The reason why I was not in the other one is because I released it before the album was ready and I wanted to make a video that was a bit like, I don't know, a short movie. And that for me was cooler than being in the video performing. And, well, when there's Fanny Ardant, why would we need me? And also, I'll be in the next video, and it will arrive... quite soon, I go back in 3 days and continue recording and finishing the album, I'm nearly doing the sound mixing and so we'll finish it very soon.

Mika, you gave a gig at the Parc des Princes and the Palais Impérial, where do you take us next?

Next time I'd like to do the Cirque d'Hiver again and otherwise I'd like to do a small residency in a small theatre somewhere, it doesn't have to be in Paris, it could be a pretty theatre in Lyon or somewhere like this I don't know, in Lille (:swoon:) I want to settle in that theatre for 6 shows or something like that and present something very beautiful. That would be very cool. And after that, we do the big tour again. Because I have a lot of ideas.

If you had a super power...

That's hard... To freeze time. Like this.

Really interesting all that he says :wub2: thanks, thanks so much for the translation :flowers2: