Mika at NRJ Music Awards 2012 - 28/1/2012

Miro

Where are these news from? I suppose they simply haven't heard about Mika properly lately...? Not everyone follows his career. :dunno: Anyway, not a very professional way to talk about a musician. But I don't think we can expect professionalism from these people...

Now focus on the good news :biggrin2:

Exactly. There is a trend to write negative things, if the writer knows nothing about Mika. It's such a fashion for them :sneaky2:

But well. Mika will show them all. :winner_first_h4h:

Exactly. There is a trend to write negative things, if the writer knows nothing about Mika. It's such a fashion for them :sneaky2:

But well. Mika will show them all. :winner_first_h4h:

When you mentioned them saying "Europeans", I immediately thought they were people from anywhere but Europe, and I suppose those who don't follow his career and don't live in France/Europe are not hearing much about him lately, so I don't exactly blame them for questioning his award. For them, it must be like "oh, why is he winning if he hasn't done anything lately?". BUT, considering they are the press, their obligation is nothing but researching about what they are publishing. BUT, as I said, we can't expect such a big effort. :naughty:

He wants to do shows in a little theater!!!! That's just :swoon: And he has a lot of ideas!!!!! :boing:

And the way he talks about his mother, awwwwww, he is a good son :wub2:

What a nice way to start a day. Thank you Camille for the translation! :flowers2:

But does that mean he's going to stay in that theatre in France for 6 shows, or is he doing at least one in the UK? I don't really understand that part. He needs to do something in the UK again, even if it's only one gig. But at least we should get to hear some new songs and I can't wait for the new single when it comes out

But does that mean he's going to stay in that theatre in France for 6 shows, or is he doing at least one in the UK? I don't really understand that part. He needs to do something in the UK again, even if it's only one gig. But at least we should get to hear some new songs and I can't wait for the new single when it comes out

Well. He plans doing the big tour again..:das:

When you mentioned them saying "Europeans", I immediately thought they were people from anywhere but Europe, and I suppose those who don't follow his career and don't live in France/Europe are not hearing much about him lately, so I don't exactly blame them for questioning his award. For them, it must be like "oh, why is he winning if he hasn't done anything lately?". BUT, considering they are the press, their obligation is nothing but researching about what they are publishing. BUT, as I said, we can't expect such a big effort. :naughty:

Apparently Finland isn't a part of Europe anymore since the last time I heard about Mika through the music press was in 2007. :naughty:

I flicked through some old music magazines a few weeks ago and all I could find was an album review about LICM. After that I found pretty much nothing. So I guess either the Finnish media has lost its interest on Mika after 2007 or he never was as big a thing here as I thought. :dunno:

I'm looking forward to all the hype TOOL-related hype, I'm really curious how the album will do in general but especially in my country. Everyone basically knows him as 'the Grace Kelly guy' (I could be wrong though, this is only my interpretation of the situation). So it'll be interesting to find out if they're going to write something like Mika making a huge comeback with his third album. They would probably phrase it like "My oh my, he wasn't a one hit wonder after all! Did you know he also had a second album back in 2009? How could we miss that!" :roftl:

I know right! :lmfao: Probably everyone I know has visited Tallinn. :roftl: I have to see that town!

Were you at the gig in Helsinki?

Hheee.. You gotta see it.. :original: It's beautiful :original:

And no. My sis lives in finland =)

Apparently Finland isn't a part of Europe anymore since the last time I heard about Mika through the music press was in 2007. :naughty:

I flicked through some old music magazines a few weeks ago and all I could find was an album review about LICM. After that I found pretty much nothing. So I guess either the Finnish media has lost its interest on Mika after 2007 or he never was as big a thing here as I thought. :dunno:

I'm looking forward to all the hype TOOL-related hype, I'm really curious how the album will do in general but especially in my country. Everyone basically knows him as 'the Grace Kelly guy' (I could be wrong though, this is only my interpretation of the situation). So it'll be interesting to find out if they're going to write something like Mika making a huge comeback with his third album. They would probably phrase it like "My oh my, he wasn't a one hit wonder after all! Did you know he also had a second album back in 2009? How could we miss that!" :roftl:

I my country he is "The one who sings Relax". But, luckily, people know at least what Relax is.

Hheee.. You gotta see it.. :original: It's beautiful :original:

And no. My sis lives in finland =)

Oh that's awesome! :thumb_yello: May I ask what town she lives in?

I just googled some pictures of the old part of Tallinn, now I really want to go there! :roftl: Maybe during summer, I'm sure it's beautiful then.

I my country he is "The one who sings Relax". But, luckily, people know at least what Relax is.

Oh yeah, that's the other option. And if they don't know the songs by their names all you have to do is sing the chorus to them. :naughty: That's pretty much it, though.

Oh that's awesome! :thumb_yello: May I ask what town she lives in?

I just googled some pictures of the old part of Tallinn, now I really want to go there! :roftl: Maybe during summer, I'm sure it's beautiful then.

ohyea, the Old town.. Fabulous !! :original: Yes it is beautiful !!!

oh yes. My sis lives in Lahti =)

The interview was filmed in Cannes, so it's possible he gave examples of French venues for that reason (and might do shows in some other countries as well).

He did a show in Helsinki 2010 and HS wrote a very positive and good review about it :thumb_yello: The concert was advertised mainly to a very young audience, but the atmosphere was really warm and good (as it was in Baltic countries as well).

The interview was filmed in Cannes, so it's possible he gave examples of French venues for that reason (and might do shows in some other countries as well).

He did a show in Helsinki 2010 and HS wrote a very positive and good review about it :thumb_yello: The concert was advertised mainly to a very young audience, but the atmosphere was really warm and good (as it was in Baltic countries as well).

:fangurl::fangurl::fangurl::fangurl:

BUT, considering they are the press, their obligation is nothing but researching about what they are publishing. BUT, as I said, we can't expect such a big effort. :naughty:

But he really hasn't done anything that would normally garner an "artist of the year" award, even if you are following his career. He wrote one French song and released it in France and that's it. He didn't even bother to appear in his own video. I mean even Mika couldn't believe he got this award. :teehee:

Well he's in France so he's talking about France. He also spoke about doing a week of shows at Radio City Music Hall once so I would take it with a grain of salt that he's going to spend 6 nights in the same city. But it sounds like he's pretty serious about doing some small dates so I hope we can look forward to something similar to last time.

Oh I'm so happy to hear that! :clap: The only thing I could find about the gig was a small ad on Soundi and that was like a picture of him with the text "Mika will do a gig in Helsinki" :roftl:

But I'll take your word for it, after all you've been following him so much longer than I have and you're our country's representative, so... :naughty:

More or less here's the similar situation. Apart from Relax, people love Grace Kelly and Big Girl, maybe Rain...:dunno:

You summed up my thoughts exactly. We know that in big award shows technical problems appear very often and we know that he doesnt lip synch so all I have to say is that I enjoyed the performance of Elle me Dit very much. And the outfit was indeed cool, especially that waist thingy.

This is the best news!!!! A residency in an beautiful venue like Cirque d'hiver is what I've been dreaming ever since the first acoustic gigs there. Hope this happens very soon:wub2:

Love this interview, can't think of anything better to start the day with:wub2:

Thanks everyone for the links and translation :flowers2:

Agreed with you.:thumb_yello: I've been listening the vid several times again and at 1.34 you can really hear that he was singing. Then he sang again the chorus Elle me dit..dance toward the end.

Something's bothering me: why he hasn't been nominated for the best single Elle me dit regarding the great success of the song in France? :blink:

And yes, flowers for the translation :flowers2:

Did you come to Cannes with Fanny Ardant? You're inseparable aren't you?

The truth is that no, I didn't come to Cannes with Fanny Ardant but it's clear she was on the screen behind me but... inseparable I'm not sure... Honestly, we met and we adored each other, well we didn't adore each other, I adored her and she was careful and after that we made a video clip together and I think she wanted to kill me. That's the truth, she wanted to kill me, she didn't know why she was doing this and I was telling her it's a good idea and that she would be great in the vid. It's clear she had never done something like that and now, yes, we get on well, I'm really proud to have her in my video because honestly she's an icon, a French icon in every way. I adore her, she has class, even if she hated me.

In EMD, your mum is really strict, was yours cooler?

My mum is quite cool, very cool. Actually she's here at the NMA tonight, she's working on the set, she's the one who made that (showing his waist thingy). She's cool but she's hard. She has... in fact no she's very hard, she's harder than in the song but she's cool. We get on very well, it's a kind of... We get on like.. not really mother and son, it's more like friends and... there are a lot of fights. But she's cool. I respect her. It's better than everything.

I wanted to see you so much in your last vid, when will be the next single and promise me you'll be in the vid

Yes I will be in the video. The reason why I was not in the other one is because I released it before the album was ready and I wanted to make a video that was a bit like, I don't know, a short movie. And that for me was cooler than being in the video performing. And, well, when there's Fanny Ardant, why would we need me? And also, I'll be in the next video, and it will arrive... quite soon, I go back in 3 days and continue recording and finishing the album, I'm nearly doing the sound mixing and so we'll finish it very soon.

Mika, you gave a gig at the Parc des Princes and the Palais Impérial, where do you take us next?

Next time I'd like to do the Cirque d'Hiver again and otherwise I'd like to do a small residency in a small theatre somewhere, it doesn't have to be in Paris, it could be a pretty theatre in Lyon or somewhere like this I don't know, in Lille (:swoon:) I want to settle in that theatre for 6 shows or something like that and present something very beautiful. That would be very cool. And after that, we do the big tour again. Because I have a lot of ideas.

If you had a super power...

That's hard... To freeze time. Like this.

Thank you SO much for the translation!!!!

But I'll take your word for it, after all you've been following him so much longer than I have and you're our country's representative, so... :naughty:

Hahah, I'm not very active with the Finnish thread, but I try to encourage people to think internationally and discuss in English, it's much more fun that way, and as soon as something local happens we will write in our own thread too.

Hey can I let you guys in on a little secret?

Mika's hot. Even if he did half lip sync a song.

SHHHH don't tell anyone.

:shocked:really??:blush-anim-cl: won´t tell anyone:wink2:

thank you so much for the translation camille:bow: