Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 10)

Fmbm

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If somehow he changes these, he might lose his fanbase :naughty:

I think his way of singing, quirky lyrics and him jumping around like a Duracell bunny come from his personality and couldn't change them if he wanted to. The way he arranges his music is part of the recording process and the eventual sound largely depends on the producers he is working with (as well as his own vision, of course). I think the new direction will be in that and not some different view on the world...etc. :roftl:

Concerning his fanbase: he lost quite a lot of them with the second album due to a variety of reasons, like the album not having been promoted properly, but they might return. Then he will obviously gain new fans as well with a new album - that's the way it goes.

Whatever it takes. :dunno:

I just hope it will make complete sense and would not be merely a change for the sake of changing the faces but working with better ones or people with a different approach / those who contributed to the new sound..etc.

I think he should come back with a unique sound - something that distinguishes him from the rest of the same stuff going around nowadays. I am thinking of uniqeness in sound like Florence and the Machine has, for example. It is not only her voice, it is the arrangement and production that makes their songs unmistakably theirs.

*rolls eyes sighes, and yawns*, too :naughty:

Surely Britain could present a better and more original songwriter / celebrity claiming Elton John's crown. Who are those top stars, by the way? (Just out of interest as I am not really following news on that... :teehee:)

Tom Jones is there (he who is almost as old as The Queen and thinks he's still go it) Jessie J, JLS, Paul McCartney, Elton John, Shirley Bassie, Alphie Boe, Cliff Richard, Grace Jones, Kylie Minogue, and others. Oh... and not forgetting Robbie Williams (coz Gary's organising it so Robbie HAS to be there doesn't he)

I think his way of singing, quirky lyrics and him jumping around like a Duracell bunny come from his personality and couldn't change them if he wanted to. The way he arranges his music is part of the recording process and the eventual sound largely depends on the producers he is working with (as well as his own vision, of course). I think the new direction will be in that and not some different view on the world...etc. :roftl:

Concerning his fanbase: he lost quite a lot of them with the second album due to a variety of reasons, like the album not having been promoted properly, but they might return. Then he will obviously gain new fans as well with a new album - that's the way it goes.

I always had a question, when you all talk about how he lost part of his fanbase because of the lack of promotion with the second album, and it´s this one: do you really think he lost part of his "fanbase" because a lack of promotion? I mean, I understand that fanbase means "people who follow an artist". In my case I met him when he just released the second album (not his music, obviously everybody knew Relax and GK, I mean that I put a face to his music), and since then, I never needed any sort of promotion anymore. We have MFC. And for those who are not a part of this community, there´s always the internet. If I´m really interested in someone, and that singer/artist/clown is releasing a new work, and in my senseless country they are not caring at all about that work, I may find everything in the net. So I guess that he even if he lost fans, they were not part of his fanbase, and in case he lost part of his fanbase, it was not a matter of promotion, but maybe a matter of likes and dislikes... what do you think?

A new SOUND AND VISION? No! Mika is mika and we are his fans. A 'relaunching' thing would be good. Mika hasn't completely been forgotten , but he is not exactly in the front of most people's minds. But mika is all about crazy falsetto, quirky lyrics and jumping about like well, only Mika can on stage. Without these things, he could just be anyone else.

I don't think any fan wants him to loose his energy and his falsetto. I don't think that would happen anyway. The way I see it, it would be more of an evolution. His songs becomming more mature. No more of the teenage thing, but if the album is about falling in love, hopefully it can still be quirky and unusual, but not too youthful.

I've tried to think of what it was that put people off Mika, after his massive hit with GK and top ten hit LT. I know a lot of DJs and other critics didn't like BG, even though Big Girls themselves, loved it. But it seemed that, after that, people went a bit off him, although HE did well, and still gets played especially as part of the soundtrack to many programs on TV, but I'm not sure if everyone remembers that Mika sang it.

So it's a puzzle really, but I'm hoping that when we see Mika again and he sings the new songs, he'll still be recognisable as Mika to us, but a newer and very exciting, version of himself.

I have learned from the master. :wink2:

:lmfao:

Oh, we've become so cynical!

Well, as Christine says, they do tease the moderators as much as the

rest of the fan club. But every now and then we get an inkling of something...

only a few more days to wait...

:biggrin2:

I knew it....:naughty:

It is. Deb learns fast :mf_rosetinted:

From now on Deb's soon will be taken as Mika's soon...:mf_rosetinted:

I don't think any fan wants him to loose his energy and his falsetto. I don't think that would happen anyway. The way I see it, it would be more of an evolution. His songs becomming more mature. No more of the teenage thing, but if the album is about falling in love, hopefully it can still be quirky and unusual, but not too youthful.

I've tried to think of what it was that put people off Mika, after his massive hit with GK and top ten hit LT. I know a lot of DJs and other critics didn't like BG, even though Big Girls themselves, loved it. But it seemed that, after that, people went a bit off him, although HE did well, and still gets played especially as part of the soundtrack to many programs on TV, but I'm not sure if everyone remembers that Mika sang it.

So it's a puzzle really, but I'm hoping that when we see Mika again and he sings the new songs, he'll still be recognisable as Mika to us, but a newer and very exciting, version of himself.

Wise words girls!:thumb_yello:

From Facebook:

We promised you another announcement - MIKA is playing MOSCOW! On 21st July, Mika will take to the stage at Moscow's Afisha Picnic, for what promises to be another amazing show. The event is all ages, full details are available here: http://www.melnitsa.pro/picnic2012 and tickets will be available here: http://concert.ru/Details.aspx?ActionID=22506

BUT because we are so good to you, we have a pair of tickets to give away! To be in with a chance of winning, just email your name, age, guest's name and age, address and contact number to mikacompetition@gmail.com by Tuesday night (tomorrow,5th June) and we'll announce the winner on Wednesday. As always, the prize is the tickets only, so you'll need to make your own travel arrangemets to get to and from the event. GOOD LUCK!

From Facebook:

We promised you another announcement - MIKA is playing MOSCOW! On 21st July, Mika will take to the stage at Moscow's Afisha Picnic, for what promises to be another amazing show. The event is all ages, full details are available here: http://www.melnitsa.pro/picnic2012 and tickets will be available here: http://concert.ru/Details.aspx?ActionID=22506

BUT because we are so good to you, we have a pair of tickets to give away! To be in with a chance of winning, just email your name, age, guest's name and age, address and contact number to mikacompetition@gmail.com by Tuesday night (tomorrow,5th June) and we'll announce the winner on Wednesday. As always, the prize is the tickets only, so you'll need to make your own travel arrangemets to get to and from the event. GOOD LUCK!

if he goes to Moscow, then he could come here too? Right, Eli?:naughty:

From Facebook:

I'm really happy for all the Russian fans who will be able to attend, but if the next news won't be about the album or a single, I'm gonna strangle someone :mf_rosetinted:

From now on Deb's soon will be taken as Mika's soon...:mf_rosetinted:

From Facebook:

We promised you another announcement - MIKA is playing MOSCOW! On 21st July, Mika will take to the stage at Moscow's Afisha Picnic, for what promises to be another amazing show.

Yeah, well, so much for no news until *Wednesday.* :doh:

Anything to make a liar out of me, eh? :naughty:

In any case, MOSCOW! How exciting for you all! :yay:

I always had a question, when you all talk about how he lost part of his fanbase because of the lack of promotion with the second album, and it´s this one: do you really think he lost part of his "fanbase" because a lack of promotion? I mean, I understand that fanbase means "people who follow an artist". In my case I met him when he just released the second album (not his music, obviously everybody knew Relax and GK, I mean that I put a face to his music), and since then, I never needed any sort of promotion anymore. We have MFC. And for those who are not a part of this community, there´s always the internet. If I´m really interested in someone, and that singer/artist/clown is releasing a new work, and in my senseless country they are not caring at all about that work, I may find everything in the net. So I guess that he even if he lost fans, they were not part of his fanbase, and in case he lost part of his fanbase, it was not a matter of promotion, but maybe a matter of likes and dislikes... what do you think?

It is a really interesting question and the answer actually depends on how you define the fanbase of an artist. I like a lot of singers and songwriters, for example but may easily miss their new releases if I don't hear about them in the mainstream media as I do not necessarily follow their twitter account...etc. I know for a fact that in my country several people who went to see him perform at festivals last year and the year before never even heard about the second album :shocked: and they did like him / LICM. To me, they are also fans, just like the ones who file each and every photo of him or join fan clubs. In fact, there is only a very small percentage of fans who join fanclubs or participate in online forum activities. I wouldn't have done it, either, had I not liked the style of posts here in 2007. MFC was quirky and fun, just like Mika, that's why I stayed around. If I hadn't, my only exposure to his second album may have been an online article about him sining in his underpants with a link where he sings 'teenage dreams in a teenage circus' and I am not sure I would have bought it, to be honest :dunno:

So, a lot depends on the single releases and if people will hear his new songs on the radio, in films, tv programs..etc. There may even be people who adore 'Happy Ending' but have no clue who sings it. Once things get connected, his fanbase can turn immense, actually. The music is already there, he just needs to establish his name, IMO.

Edited by suzie

if he goes to Moscow, then he could come here too? Right, Eli?:naughty:

It would be so easy for him to just pop by after Moscow wouldn't it? Too bad we don't know how Mika's logic works. :naughty:

Yeah, well, so much for no news until *Wednesday.* :doh:

Anything to make a liar out of me, eh? :naughty:

Aww, I'm sorry they made you look bad Deb. :huglove::naughty:

It would be so easy for him to just pop by after Moscow wouldn't it? Too bad we don't know how Mika's logic works. :naughty:

Aww, I'm sorry they made you look bad Deb. :huglove::naughty:

hope his logic works well :naughty: it would be soooo easy to him. he needs just come over the border :aah:

anyway i'm looking forward to the new side of his personality that we'll get to see with the new album. :biggrin2:

Me too! That was my favourite part about the launch of TBWKTM. He seemed to be much more free (less guarded) than in the early days of 2007.

it was not a matter of promotion, but maybe a matter of likes and dislikes... what do you think?

I think it's both. I don't think you can expect all the millions of people who buy albums to chase up artists on the internet. I don't really know what's going on with most artists, even my favourites, most of the time. I usually get my gigging info from Live Nation or Ticketmaster notices and learn about new music from iTunes, radio, word of mouth, etc.

There is a taste factor though. I think Mika has changed in ways that don't appeal to some of his early fans.

From Facebook:

We promised you another announcement - MIKA is playing MOSCOW! On 21st July, Mika will take to the stage at Moscow's Afisha Picnic, for what promises to be another amazing show.

Awesome!! :yay: Happy for the girls who can make it. I know there was some disappointment last year with Kiev, will be great if they can go this year.

Oh! I'd kinda assumed that mika was gunna release something new. It has been over 3 years...

And now my brother has called me into his room to do Zumba to loca people! Where is mika when you need him?!

I just went round to my neighbours garden party, and they started asking me about Mika, and a very popular opinion amongst them was, 'I loved his first album, but didn't he do a second? When is a new one out?' ...

:lmfao: WE DON'T KNOW.

It is a really interesting question and the answer actually depends on how you define the fanbase of an artist. I like a lot of singers and songwriters, for example but may easily miss their new releases if I don't hear about them in the mainstream media as I do not necessarily follow their twitter account...etc. I know for a fact that in my country several people who went to see him perform at festivals last year and the year before never even heard about the second album :shocked: and they did like him / LICM. To me, they are also fans, just like the ones who file each and every photo of him or join fan clubs. In fact, there is only a very small percentage of fans who join fanclubs or participate in online forum activities. I wouldn't have done it, either, had I not liked the style of posts here in 2007. MFC was quirky and fun, just like Mika, that's why I stayed around. If I hadn't, my only exposure to his second album may have been an online article about him sining in his underpants with a link where he sings 'teenage dreams in a teenage circus' and I am not sure I would have bought it, to be honest :dunno:

So, a lot depends on the single releases and if people will hear his new songs on the radio, in films, tv programs..etc. There may even be people who adore 'Happy Ending' but have no clue who sings it. Once things get connected, his fanbase can turn immense, actually. The music is already there, he just needs to establish his name, IMO.

First time I searched for Relax on youtube, and found a live performance, and the sequence was like this:

- "oh, it´s a guy on stage... where is the girl who sings the high part?"

*Mika sings*

:shocked:

:shocked:

- it seems it´s the guy himself who sings the whole song :mf_rosetinted:

So, yes, I agree on everything. Music it´s like colors, I like white and you like brown, and Mika likes violet sky :naughty:

I think it's both. I don't think you can expect all the millions of people who buy albums to chase up artists on the internet. I don't really know what's going on with most artists, even my favourites, most of the time. I usually get my gigging info from Live Nation or Ticketmaster notices and learn about new music from iTunes, radio, word of mouth, etc.

There is a taste factor though. I think Mika has changed in ways that don't appeal to some of his early fans.

Exactly.

Everyone changes and evolves as we tumble through life.

In my opinion, people who got lost after his second album didn't really belong to his fanbase, so to say. Or they actually DID, but they decided to step off from Mikaland for different reasons, certainly not because of lack of promotion.

All I know is I'm going to support the guy forever, and that doesn't mean I'm always going to be attending his gigs, that doesn't mean I'm going to always like what he does (I somehow suspect I will, anyhow), it means I will always follow his moves and appreciate what he does artistically.

I know I'm going to be interested in whatever he does, be it a single in French or a whole musical in Polish. Just because of his art.

Everyone changes and evolves as we tumble through life.

In my opinion, people who got lost after his second album didn't really belong to his fanbase, so to say. Or they actually DID, but they decided to step off from Mikaland for different reasons, certainly not because of lack of promotion.

All I know is I'm going to support the guy forever, and that doesn't mean I'm always going to be attending his gigs, that doesn't mean I'm going to always like what he does (I somehow suspect I will, anyhow), it means I will always follow his moves and appreciate what he does artistically.

I know I'm going to be interested in whatever he does, be it a single in French or a whole musical in Polish. Just because of his art.

I couldn't say it better :thumb_yello:

I don't think you can expect all the millions of people who buy albums to chase up artists on the internet. I don't really know what's going on with most artists, even my favourites, most of the time. I usually get my gigging info from Live Nation or Ticketmaster notices and learn about new music from iTunes, radio, word of mouth, etc.

yes, the majority of the population attends gigs and buys albums because they like the piece of music they are exposed to (by the media they consume) and not because they choose to 'follow' an artist by some random reason. Of course when someone has a wide portfolio of songs the audience can pretty much suspect what to expect with the new release but they do need to be made aware of it being available.

Music it´s like colors, I like white and you like brown, and Mika likes violet sky :naughty:

Mika has many colours, that's his strength and probably the largest part of his appeal to many.

PS: I don't understand how anyone can think Mika sounds like a woman in Relax:dunno:

yeah,it's really interesting how many people who bought licm are totally surprised if i tell them that mika has a 2nd album as well. just recently talked to a guy who said he LOVED licm,but he never heard about tbwktm. unfortunately it's not only a question of what taste the fans or listeners have,but also a question of taste of media people. :aah: