Mika on Star Académie TV show (Montréal, Qc, Canada) - March 25 2012

Christine

PART 1, translation:

Mika's presented as one of the most shining stars of the musical galaxy.Follows a summary of his biography (nothing new for MFCers). Lollipop, relax, Grace Kelly and Happy Ending are sung (H.E was really really good!!!! Loved the performance).

Mika is sorry and apologizes to the presenter for the feathers thrown at her. She says nevermind, she won't wash herself any longer (she's fangirling too).

She says that Mika is superstitious and that's the reason why he came tonight. He agrees and explains that a year and a week ago, he started to write songs and to record them at Montréal Studio Planète. He wanted to come to the show just before the release of nr3 album which has been made in Montréal with local people. He also confirms that he wrote a song for Madonna, Bang Bang. He says that Madonna loved the song but changed the lyrics and the title became Gang bang, he thinks it's great and funnier. The presenter says that, in a FaceBook interview, Madonna said that this song written by Mika was her favourite (yeah!!). The presenter then adds that she's happy to welcome an international artist who speaks French. She's amazed by his great command of French.She tells him that Céline Dion's husband, René Angelili, is Syrain born and speaks French fluently too.

Mika says that he went to school in France, was thrown out but kept the language. That was all that mattered and better than going to school anyway. The presenter says that more songs will be interpreted after the break and that Elle me dit was played a lot on Canadian radios.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dont turn it off! There's no resemblance with Bieber's fans whatsoever, dont worry about it. Just enjoy your fangurling moment:biggrin2:

She has a point! Bieber-ing and Mika-ing are on two totally different things!:biggrin2:

Edited by Micah
Spelling

My oh my, thank you so much for posting all those amazing vids, pictures, interviews and reports! :huglove:

What an incredible show! I was under the assumption that Mika would sing just one of two songs... but this is a whole freakin' show! Loved everything, from music to entourage! Got a 'Grease lightning' feeling when Mika came on stage!

Dont turn it off! There's no resemblance with Bieber's fans whatsoever, dont worry about it. Just enjoy your fangurling moment:biggrin2:

Awwwww, he's soooooooo :fangurl::fangurl::fangurl:

I think I'm gonna die from so much awesomeness :swoon::swoon::swoon:

PART 1, translation:

Mika's presented as one of the most shining stars of the musical galaxy.Follows a summary of his biography (nothing new for MFCers). Lollipop, relax, Grace Kelly and Happy Ending are sung (H.E was really really good!!!! Loved the performance).

Mika is sorry and apologizes to the presenter for the feathers thrown at her. She says nevermind, she won't wash herself any longer (she's fangirling too).

She says that Mika is superstitious and that's the reason why he came tonight. He agrees and explains that a year and a week ago, he started to write songs and to record them at Montréal Studio Planète. He wanted to come to the show just before the release of nr3 album which has been made in Montréal with local people. He also confirms that he wrote a song for Madonna, Bang Bang. He says that Madonna loved the song but changed the lyrics and the title became Gang bang, he thinks it's great and funnier. The presenter says that, in a FaceBook interview, Madonna said that this song written by Mika was her favourite (yeah!!). The presenter then adds that she's happy to welcome an international artist who speaks French. She's amazed by his great command of French.She tells him that Céline Dion's husband, René Angelili, is Syrain born and speaks French fluently too.

Mika says that he went to school in France, was thrown out but kept the language. That was all that mattered and better than going to school anyway. The presenter says that more songs will be interpreted after the break and that Elle me dit was played a lot on Canadian radios.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :flowers2::huglove:

PART 1, translation:

Thank you so much! :flowers2:

PART 2:

The presenter introduces Mika again, 'the atomic bomb of music', accompanied by the voluptuous Toutounes. Big girl, rain (I loved the red umbrellas in the audience and on stage, and the fake rain!!), Love Today and Elle me dit are sung.

The audience was on fire!! Mika looks really happy and laughs. An ovation follows. He feels honoured and says that it was a pleasure to sing with this group of 14 candidates, all full of energy, in a positive atmosphere.

The presenter wants to know if the album will be released soon (she's like us or Guy and the other girls prompted the question LOL). He answers that it's in its last phase. It will be in English but 4 songs will be in French for the French Canadian version. The anecdote about Big girl and its context is recalled, as the presenter asked for it.

It was such a wonderful show :woot_jump:

Wouaw!! After a 3-hours-long night, I'm back on the computer for watching it again :teehee:

Thank you so much to all of you for the pictures, the links, the vids and for sharing it live :group_hug:

Mika was just perfect :wub2:

Can't stop fangurling :mf_lustslow:

oh lovely pic! thanks Milda:thumb_yello:

It is, isn't it? :mf_lustslow: I still haven't found that "off" button :naughty:

And I love what they wrote about Mika (or to be more specifically, what google translator says they wrote :teehee:):

Le très coloré Mika et sa voix plus qu’aiguë étaient ce soir à la grande finale de Star Académie pour chanter avec les 14 Académiciens. On aimait déjà beaucoup le chanteur, mais on est TOTALEMENT tombé sous son charme ce soir: ses medleys étaient époustouflants; avec la voiture, les Toutounes Atomiques, Rain avec la pluie live dans la salle, c’était fou. Ce soir, avec la participation de Mika, on a eu droit à l’un des meilleurs show de variété de Star Académie. Rien de moins!

It is, isn't it? :mf_lustslow: I still haven't found that "off" button :naughty:

And I love what they wrote about Mika (or to be more specifically, what google translator says they wrote :teehee:):

Le très coloré Mika et sa voix plus qu’aiguë étaient ce soir à la grande finale de Star Académie pour chanter avec les 14 Académiciens. On aimait déjà beaucoup le chanteur, mais on est TOTALEMENT tombé sous son charme ce soir: ses medleys étaient époustouflants; avec la voiture, les Toutounes Atomiques, Rain avec la pluie live dans la salle, c’était fou. Ce soir, avec la participation de Mika, on a eu droit à l’un des meilleurs show de variété de Star Académie. Rien de moins!

Love what they write about him too. They genuinely appreciate and love him!

PS, forget about the off button, at least for today!

@Etoile2roses @macboll

Thank you for the translation :flowers2:

So, to conclude, Album No3 is nowhere in sight

but it was such a great show, nevertheless. :fangurl: A huge difference vs recent tv appearances. That's what happens when you work with real professionals. I salute the team working for Star Academy.

Is it s regional show, by the way? (Quebec only or watched throughout Canada?)

I have to say watching it on livestream this morning (my time) was just like the "old days" when I used to sit on MFC day and night for these types of things.:naughty:

Oh goodness, the :swoon: is still in me, it just needs a good performance of the songs to bring it back out - no need for costumes and props, it's the MUSIC and the singing I :wub2: so much. And the other thing is, it's so nice to see him so appreciated by an audience in a country he really hasn't performed in that much.

All in all a great performance. Now, where are those MFcers, not yet morning for them, I want to hear their reports.:aah:

Im so happy i could wathc in on livestream and it didn't falter once :teehee:

it was a great show!!! and Mika was awesome too, can't wait to rewatch it :wub2::wub2::wub2:

and read the reports from the people who were there :teehee: