• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

interview from 11:10

interview from 5:45

[YOUTUBE]D3TWtEYpT4k[/YOUTUBE]

Translation

I don't look good from very close. I'm comfortable on stage if there's at least some distance. With a camera, everything is observed from very close. And I don't know, maybe it's something in my head, psychologically I don't have the idea of being observed from as close as a camera. Generally, making movie soundtracks, which is what I wanted to do when I was a student in college, no not in college but at school, I wanted to create soundtracks, I wanted to write for movies; for me it's the perfect job for a musician like me who likes melody but also comes from classical music, because I started with opera. So for me it was simple, ok, movies, it's fine; there are melodies, arrangements, orchestra, we can mix all the different genres of music. It's a bit of everything. But because I'm dyslexic and I can't read music, I can't write music on a sheet, it was almost impossible. So I knew I had to find a career one way or another so that I can have a start in music and then maybe one day I'll be able to make soundtracks. I'm really tempted by it. But to be in the movie? Oh there are thousands of people much better at this than me.. but honestly I think I could make soundtracks.

You did manage to get Fanny Ardant to play in your video

I like movie actors very much...

The aesthetic of the video is very reminiscent of François Ozon's cinema

Yes I'm a big fan of François Ozon, I've known him for years, I've met him 7 years ago, he was at one of my shows in London. I'm a fan of his work, aesthetically it is something I love and also I like Truffaut and all this. So when I met Fanny Ardant, it was completely by chance, we were at a dinner in Paris and a few weeks later I called her to ask if she wanted to make a video with me, to be in it. And that's what happened. In fact... In fact... Yasmine, wasn't it here? Wasn't it here, that I called her? I think that the first time I had the idea to make a video with Fanny Ardant was when I was in Tunisia. I was in Tunisia in my hotel room. And I started.. yes it was in Tunisia! And I called Fanny Ardant from my phone and I had a whole conversation with her before going on stage, telling her really formally 'Hello, I like what you do a lot, I have an idea for a video, would you like to be in a pop video? ' She said 'No, but tell me why you're asking' And I told her. And it took several months and finally it worked. It took a lot of time but it started here.

To answer your question about what's happening in Syria, it is something that I follow, every morning, every night, and also once or twice during the day, I check on websites to see what's happening, to see if there are new videos of what's happening in a very strange environment where everytime there's something new, there are some people saying 'it's a lie, it's not true, it's not that, it's a wrong perspective' and so we have to spend enough time to see what's happening and not fall into propaganda because for me, what's happening is atrocious, it's violent, it's macabre. I don't know why it lasts so long and there are more than 16000 people who have died there now and internationally it's just as if we didn't know what to do, as if it was not even worth it.

(So nothing about the album but nice interview anyway, and now we know he had been planning EMD's release at least 8 months in advance :teehee:)

What a mess, I don't like that! :sad:

[YOUTUBE]xIVgJke7nLU&feature[/YOUTUBE]

:no:

Only tonight i saw this...

What a shame! I feel ashamed for this people!:sneaky2:

I guess we can kiss any m&g's goodbye from now on...and i've been to 6 gigs now and never got a pic with him, i was thinkinng i'd get one this time in Coimbra as the last time he played there i couldn't attend as i was at the hospital in a coma...:no:

Shame on you!!!:sneaky2:

:no:

Only tonight i saw this...

What a shame! I feel ashamed for this people!:sneaky2:

I guess we can kiss any m&g's goodbye from now on...and i've been to 6 gigs now and never got a pic with him, i was thinkinng i'd get one this time in Coimbra as the last time he played there i couldn't attend as i was at the hospital in a coma...:no:

Shame on you!!!:sneaky2:

I don't think that will actually happen; let's hope not, anyway.

I found the beginning images very disturbing & couldn't get out of my mind 1ST day I saw this video.

The silver lining may be to appreciate the value of the security details.

What I couldn't fail to notice is that MIKA was firstly concerned for the welfare of the security guy

who intercepted the 'crazy' : You can see he reaches out toward the guy immediately.

It reminded me very much of MIKA's reaction to another unexpected event :

[YouTube]veKScxyB-2E[/YouTube]

Edited by A. Clay

I honestly don't see what the big deal is with this video. She's a young girl, everyone is excited and she just wanted to get close to Mika. I'm sure if the guards hadn't been trying to block her/pull her it wouldn't have looked so frantic.

This is exactly how things went during the stage invasions. It's a game trying to avoid security so you can get up on stage and there was always someone who managed to run straight to Mika and hug him or hang off his leg or whatever. :naughty:

I have seen much worse behaviour after gigs and certainly much worse results because there were no guards to stop it from escalating. Yeah they are screaming because they are very young, but I find the incessant shouting of "Mika! Mika! Mika!" and people shoving cameras and pens into his face just as ridiculous/irritating.

Personally I think it is the look on Mika s face that is most disturbing. As he walks out he looks happy and relaxed but his mood very quickly changes. He isn't happy and he just doesn't want to be there. He doesn't smile and barely speaks. Finally he just turns and walks away - then breaks into a run to get to the car. This suggests to me that he was extremely uncomfortable.

But hopefully it won't have put him off completely.

Not wanting to be pedantic but the guy that intervened is actually the tour manager:thumb_yello:.

Edited by kath

Kath have you not seen him in situations where he is so overwhelmed by a mob that he CAN'T break free like that? In Hammersmith people were swarming the car to the point where it was difficult for them to get out even inside the vehicle. I normally won't go near him if he is surrounded by people but I had a letter to give him from someone in Canada and I had to pass it through 6 people because I literally could not get anywhere near him even though I was trying. At Brixton once he left the venue and I don't think he wanted to stop to talk to people so they banged on the car and chased after it when it drove away.

In Seattle all of MFC and many other people had seen Mika inside the venue for a proper M&G. But still the crowd of people outside were mental. We came out just ahead of Mika and were leaving to get a cab. When Mika came out the crowd lunged for him and almost knocked him over on his crutches. I got caught in this mob trying to get out the other side and it took me 10 minutes to extricate myself and find my friends who had been standing right beside me when we came out the doors.

I am not saying Mika enjoys this behaviour and doesn't try to get away as soon as he can. It's pretty obvious how he feels. Everytime there's a hysterical mob he takes off immediately. If you've ever been in a situation where he stays and chats for 20 or 30 minutes you know it's because people are acting totally chill and giving him space. That's why I always implore people not to mob him. Mika and his staff know how to handle these situations but you're just ruining the experience for yourself and everyone else there because you won't get any meaningful interaction if you're just yelling his name and shoving things in his face and he's going to leave as soon as he can.

But he's been dealing with situations like this for years and he's not going to suddenly stop talking to fans because of what happened in this video. Some crowds are great, some crowds are okay if they are organized and restrained and some crowds are crazy because there are a couple of people there going nuts and the rest react in desperation because they know they won't get to him before he leaves. It happens.

I honestly don't see what the big deal is with this video. She's a young girl, everyone is excited and she just wanted to get close to Mika. I'm sure if the guards hadn't been trying to block her/pull her it wouldn't have looked so frantic.

This is exactly how things went during the stage invasions. It's a game trying to avoid security so you can get up on stage and there was always someone who managed to run straight to Mika and hug him or hang off his leg or whatever. :naughty:

I have seen much worse behaviour after gigs and certainly much worse results because there were no guards to stop it from escalating. Yeah they are screaming because they are very young, but I find the incessant shouting of "Mika! Mika! Mika!" and people shoving cameras and pens into his face just as ridiculous/irritating.

I've watched this video and share Christine's point of view.

What a mess, I don't like that! :sad:

[YOUTUBE]xIVgJke7nLU&feature[/YOUTUBE]

Wow.

I've never been one to try and catch an artist after a gig so to me this is completely insane. But as Christine said, it's mass hysteria and I, too, find the never-ending pen/camera shoving to his face just as bad and annoying.

It never fails to amaze me how rude people can be during gigs. I saw Keane live a couple weeks ago and at times I felt like slapping someone to the back of their head because they were so inconsiderate and didn't give a damn about anyone else around them - and these weren't teenagers, people under 18 weren't allowed in and most of the people there were older than me.

I wrote the perfect haiku for this last night but I'm afraid some might find it offensive so I'll just keep it to myself. :naughty:

Kath have you not seen him in situations where he is so overwhelmed by a mob that he CAN'T break free like that? .

Yes, I 've seen the whole range - from mass hysteria to calm, chilled and relaxed. I was at Hammersmith - I remember it well. :shocked:

I don't think this situation will put Mika off..............he likes the M and G's - he gets presents :wink2: But it is just such a shame ( as has been said a million times before) that these things happen - and if they were handled differently it would be so much better.

I personally don't like standing behind a barrier, feeling like a caged animal, waiting to talk to Mika, but in all honesty, it is in these situations that it generally works best in my experience. Mika can work his way down the line, at his own pace, people who have had their turn can't follow him, preventing others from having their chance. Generally, when there is a barrier, more people get to speak to him. He also seems a lot more realxed as he isn't threatened.

I have been at M and G's where there were no barriers and it has been fine - Liege springs to mind as an example. But I have also been to plenty where there were no barriers and it was a complete cattle market.

It's just the look on his face in this vid that peturbs me - he looks so uncomfortable.

I personally don't like standing behind a barrier, feeling like a caged animal, waiting to talk to Mika, but in all honesty, it is in these situations that it generally works best in my experience. Mika can work his way down the line, at his own pace, people who have had their turn can't follow him, preventing others from having their chance. Generally, when there is a barrier, more people get to speak to him. He also seems a lot more realxed as he isn't threatened.

This actually happened in Osaka without a barrier. It was a massive queue. At least 200-300 people but everyone stayed in the queue pretty much single file out in an open square and waited their turn. He still didn't have much time to interact because he was in a hurry to leave but he went down the entire line. If people don't act like caged animals they don't need to be treated as such.

Although it was funny the gig before there was a security guy with one 6 foot piece of barrier who was moving along with Mika as he went down the line. It looked so funny. :lmfao:

Although it was funny the gig before there was a security guy with one 6 foot piece of barrier who was moving along with Mika as he went down the line. It looked so funny. :lmfao:

What? :roftl: Is there a video somewhere? :lmfao:

This actually happened in Osaka without a barrier. It was a massive queue. At least 200-300 people but everyone stayed in the queue pretty much single file out in an open square and waited their turn. He still didn't have much time to interact because he was in a hurry to leave but he went down the entire line. If people don't act like caged animals they don't need to be treated as such.

That's hilarious :naughty::lmfao:

Yeah - it s SO much nicer when people just behave. :mf_rosetinted:

What? :roftl: Is there a video somewhere? :lmfao:

You know it's actually quite a good idea because he put the barrier behind Mika so people couldn't crowd around him from behind. That's really the problem in these situations. It's not that anyone is acting hysterical and trying to grab Mika while he is facing them, it's just that other people come and get behind him and then suddenly it turns into a big mob and they've surrounded him on all sides. Once that happens even the calmest people start acting aggressive because they see their opportunity to speak to him slip away.

In any situation I've seen if people just stay where they are he will always go to the end of the line. If he didn't want to see people he wouldn't come out like that. But once it turns into a mob scene it spoils it for everyone.

[YOUTUBE]BvhGOJvyw-s[/YOUTUBE]

Lol! I would've laughed so hard if I saw that. :roftl:

Edit: Omg, just saw the vid, hilarious! But I thought the guy was holding the barrier in front of Mika, not behind him; Now that would be really hilarious!

Edited by LaraMay