Celebrate - First single radio listening! + Discussion & Lyrics

A new single, yeeeeeeeessssss :thumb_yello:

I love it, it is fresh and dancing, I like Mika's voice on that song :thumb_yello:

Probably that will be for a younger audience than usual... but, whatever, I like it !

Thanks Eva for the picture !

Edited by Sweetieval

Yes I think that's what stops me absolutely loving it. It's great at the start, but the "celebrate" bit goes on a bit too long at the end.

However, I like it better since hearing it a few times, and I love the verse parts. But I don't think it showcases Mika's voice like Uw does.

But will it be enough to convince the DJs on Radio One to play it? This is the key point. Would they have prefered a beautiful (Uw) or unique (MYH) song, or would they prefer a catchy summer song with reference to the Olympics and celebrating?

I suppose we'll have to wait and see. I hope Mika has chosen the right song. I really really do.

this might sound cheesy, but... Celebrate might be enough to convince them to make him UK representative on the next Eurosong competition :aah:

quoting droopsy from MS thread :thumb_yello:

Thank you so much! Didn't see it earlier. Hahah, I love watching how he guides his new band, can't wait to see it live :naughty: I wish we knew something about them.

basically: the first part of the song is AWESOME, but after that other guy's part (I'm not into electronic music at all so I really don't know who he is) - it's not that awesome... :sneaky2:

I agree it goes downhill after the Pharrell bit. In my opinion not specifically because of him; it just fizzles out for some reason :sneaky2:

Yes I think that's what stops me absolutely loving it. It's great at the start, but the "celebrate" bit goes on a bit too long at the end.

However, I like it better since hearing it a few times, and I love the verse parts. But I don't think it showcases Mika's voice like Uw does.

But will it be enough to convince the DJs on Radio One to play it? This is the key point. Would they have prefered a beautiful (Uw) or unique (MYH) song, or would they prefer a catchy summer song with reference to the Olympics and celebrating?

I suppose we'll have to wait and see. I hope Mika has chosen the right song. I really really do.

I've said this before and I still stand by it: I think Mika's choruses are overrated and his verses are much better, in many of his songs.

But ... I don't want him to go to the Eurosong competition :blink:

I know, I know, it's the cheesiest competition with the worst quality of music, but it's just... a couple of years ago when the competition was in my country the UK had THE BEST song, and they ended up last! :sneaky2: If Mika went there at least France would vote for him!! :aah: dunno why, but I'd just like to see some good quality music there cos it used to be great festival :dunno:

but, it's offtopic, pay no attention to me :aah:

Thanks Robertina and Droopsy for the videos :thumb_yello:

But :mfr_omg:, where are Martin, Cherisse and Imma ??? I didn't know he would change them, I am so sad :confused:

They announced their departure a while back.:tears: Very, very, very sad day in the MikaUniverse.

Thanks Robertina and Droopsy for the videos :thumb_yello:

But :mfr_omg:, where are Martin, Cherisse and Imma ??? I didn't know he would change them, I am so sad :confused:

yes, it was on twitter a couple of weeks ago, Cherisse and iMMa tweeted about it :(

There are so many negative comments from fans on youtube :sad:

:sad: Aww, thats really sad. :( But honestly, I'm kind of preparing myself for a long strain of Mika Negative to sweep the world for a bit, before people start adjusting to the new him.

They announced their departure a while back.:tears: Very, very, very sad day in the MikaUniverse.

yes, it was on twitter a couple of weeks ago, Cherisse and iMMa tweeted about it :(

Ok thanks, I haven't been on Twitter for ages :doh:,

I am really sad...

Ok thanks, I haven't been on Twitter for ages :doh:,

I am really sad...

I'm STILL really sad about it all.:sad: It's going to take me ages to get used to them not being there.

Sadly I knew that this would happen :huh:

:sad: Aww, thats really sad. :( But honestly, I'm kind of preparing myself for a long strain of Mika negative to sweep the world for a bit, before people start adjusting to the new him.

me too :mf_rosetinted:

Agree. I really don't like the repetition he has in most of his choruses.

Repetition is the key to a good pop song. It makes the listener remember the title of the song and you want that. You want it to be stuck in the listener's head. Katy Perry taught me, she should know:mf_rosetinted:

Repetition is the key to a good pop song. It makes the listener remember the title of the song and you want that. You want it to be stuck in the listener's head. Katy Perry taught me, she should know:mf_rosetinted:

+1:thumb_yello:

I was reading the comments on universal YT video, and they were 50-50. Many people liked 2 negative comments, so they are on tip.

I'm pretty sure it has been the same for every song by Mika so far.:naughty:

Can someone make Pharrell Williams shut up? I hate to hear his voice during the song :mikasweat:

sorry...I'm rude, I know :shocked:

I kind of feel the same way. :huh: I don't really enjoy the speaking part very much. I don't know if I would say shut up, but I would have like to have heard either more or none at all from him.:sneaky2: The inbetween kind of bugs me.

I kind of feel the same way. :huh: I don't really enjoy the speaking part very much. I don't know if I would say shut up, but I would have like to have heard either more or none at all from him.:sneaky2: The inbetween kind of bugs me.

yes, I know I was rude and I'm sorry...but honestly he's getting on my nerves...I was all happy cause I was expecting to hear Mika all the time but then I realized it wasn't him AT ALL in some parts :blink:

Hope that in the live version Pharrell Williams won't be there in some registered parts :mikacool:

yes, I know I was rude and I'm sorry...but honestly he's getting on my nerves...I was all happy cause I was expecting to hear Mika all the time but then I realized it wasn't him AT ALL in some parts :blink:

Hope that in the live version Pharrell Williams won't be there in some registered parts :mikacool:

No! No! It's fine! You're entitled to your opinion! I don't really like the sound of his voice, but maybe thats just my ears!:aah: I think the track would be quite alright without his speaking part. I'm sure Mika has this all under control.