Celebrate - First single radio listening! + Discussion & Lyrics

Another question from a fan

Do you often steal things in hotels?

M: Absolutely. Like everybody else. My weakness are spoons. You know the very small spoons that you never even have at home. Small tea spoons. I don't even know their use but I love them, it's like baby spoons. Silver ones, I always nick them here and there. And shampoo of course, sometimes small towels. Not the bathrobe as they'll always put it on the note. You need to take things they won't see. Sometimes what I do as I like cups a lot, don't take them in the bedroom or from the room service as they'll know, but go to the bar, order a coffee, and take your coffee up in your room. And then you have your cup and your coffee. And then I clean up the cup in the bathroom and put it in my bag.

Haha, so Mika is a thief. He's naughty :aah:

I : How many babies do you have left somewhere?

M: There are 2.

Babies?! What does it mean? Real babies?:shocked:

:blink:

seriously, what's all that smoking stuff about suddenly?! :aah: people are smoking in the myh video

yes, it is about different people and some people do smoke, that is reality.

he has a song about cigarettes and nicorettes

that is a reference to addicition and he uses it to describe 'addiction to love'. Would that have worked better with examples of actual drugs?

and talks about wanting to become a cigarette maker.

yes, when he was a child. He mentioned years ago that he had loved the smell of tobacco as it reminded him of someone, as far as I remember. There is nothing wrong with that. :dunno:

seriously, what's all that smoking stuff about suddenly?! :aah: people are smoking in the myh video, and now he has a song about cigarettes and nicorettes and talks about wanting to become a cigarette maker. i'm an absolute non-smoker and would vote for banning all kind of tobacco commercials, and my favourite artist sings about it. i think this is the first thing ever about mika that i absolutely and 100% don't agree with!! :aah: :aah: :aah:

*rant over* (for now) :mf_rosetinted:

feel exactly the same :aah::aah::aah:

:mf_rosetinted:

Don't worry! He's not implying smoking is a good thing, merely talking about his fascination with it earlier on in life. Strange, but funny! Seems he's always been one to stand out of the crowd. :)

Interview @ Virgin Fr.

[YOUTUBE]ZH3qjaaVJR4[/YOUTUBE]

This YT is BLOCKED in some contries... :blush-anim-cl:

I RE-uploaded it on SoundCloud.

Check it out !!

I:Mika is joining us! hi mika!

M:hi! how are you?

I:super good! its been 2 years since we saw each other!

M: yes, its a pleasure to come back!

I: finally youre back! we'e been waiting a while for this new album!

M:*laughs* yes..

I:it was due in April.. in january.. its been delayed...

M:.yeah its because i was recording. So all that time i was in studio writting new songs. I was having too much fun its clear. *laughs*

I: Mika, is it easy to make an entire album when a simple single became a hit?

M: no.. not at all. Well it gives alot of energy... But the single,Elle Me Dit, when it got out, half of the record was already written. Elle me dit was a part of that collection of songs. And i needed a few more, But elle me dit gave me a sort of energy that gave me strength to continue the album. It really helped me. And thinking about it, it would have been really worst if it had been a flop! So what happened.. i was lucky.

I: did you have the as much pressure for this record than for the other ones?

M:its not like the second one. I felt so much pressure. I isolated myself in studio with a piano for 7 months to write songs. And after i recorded the album during 8-9 months with Greg Wells in LA. This time i did completely the opposite. I found people on the internet that are unknown. I got to work with them and wit Farell Williams and i worked in Miami, Montreal with Empire of the Sun. I had fun. I had so many people to collaborate with me. And we had no pressure. No competition. No ego, It was free. Just some people having fun with no rules. Because, i know it sounds crazy. But sadly in music, especially pop music, when youre in a studio there are so many rules. "we need a single, we need a sound like this for this radio.." and i cant work like..

I: you dont do "premade" songs for the radio.. you only do music..

M: id love to do it but i dont know how to.. i really dont. And why i try to, i suck. So whenever i worked in a studio i said:" theres no rules. Were not here to make "formats". Were only here to have fun. Youre 29 years old, youre 35, youre 21. Were all musicians. Youre known, youre not. it doesnt matter. We throw this out of the window and we have fun."

I: apparently, the 12 songs on your album are 12 song of love.

M: yeah. Well theres more than 12 cause for the french version, theres songs in french, like Elle me dit. For me Elle me dit is a love song. I did an interview a few months ago and i said it would be 12 love songs. So everyone went like: oh its gonna be piano. But thats not exactly it. For me Celebrate is a love song. Elle me dit is a love song. Its all sorts of love songs.

I: well heres the new mika, Celebrate, from the record coming out in September!

*celebrate plays*

---random not, when i wrote he words EMD, a car drove by with the song blasting outside my house.. scary :teehee:. ----

yes, when he was a child. He mentioned years ago that he had loved the smell of tobacco as it reminded him of someone, as far as I remember. There is nothing wrong with that. :dunno:

Yes,I think it was about a pastor,a friend of his mother :wink2:

tryed to get clyde 1 in glasgow to play celebrate on the radio & here was my reply - @cannie_be_arsed @romeoindemand Apparently it's not going to radio in the UK until later in the year. now im well pissed :hair:

tryed to get clyde 1 in glasgow to play celebrate on the radio & here was my reply - @cannie_be_arsed @romeoindemand Apparently it's not going to radio in the UK until later in the year. now im well pissed :hair:

aahh better and better! :aah:

hi sheena btw :bye:

can't watch the video

Me neither :/

Seriously it's supposed to be a summer hit!

But when can we buy the single if we're not living in France?

aahh better and better! :aah:

hi sheena btw :bye:

hi robi :bye: ..... hows it better ? now wondering when later on in the year is ... september ? did ask mika what game he`s playing but convinced he either ignores me or has blocked me .... oh well i guess he doesnt like my banter :naughty:

Me neither :/

Seriously it's supposed to be a summer hit!

But when can we buy the single if we're not living in France?

maybe its time for all us mikafans to move to france just to be a part of mika`s gang :wink2: aye right never in a million year .... time to harass mika more grrr !