Celebrate - First single radio listening! + Discussion & Lyrics

It's kind of interesting when you listen to Make You Happy and Celebrate

back to back -- I was surprised at how well they hung together, they

felt like they belonged on the same album. I'm just too anxious to

hear the rest of it! :excite:

I think they fit well together, and everything feels coordinated (the new web design, photos), I like it.

No UK media at all?

Thanks for the lyrics!! :wub2::wub2:

And well.... About this story of the song... I can't understand what it is about ..

celebrate for what? and why he want to go home ? :blink:

It was mentioned here and I was chatting to some people last night who were thinking it may be about Paloma/his family and how he escaped to Montreal to write some songs, etc. I am hearing "we are not like this forever" (although like Deb I keep hearing different things on these two lines so I don't know :aah:). If so I wonder if he is talking about getting past the crisis and celebrating life and the future, etc.

Of course it could be a song about simply being happy, like Love Today. :naughty:

I was really hoping he would talk about it today but it sounds like it was a pointless interview. Maybe later he'll discuss it in some later interviews today. :dunno:

It was mentioned here and I was chatting to some people last night who were thinking it may be about Paloma/his family and how he escaped to Montreal to write some songs, etc. I am hearing "we are not like this forever" (although like Deb I keep hearing different things on these two lines so I don't know :aah:). If so I wonder if he is talking about getting past the crisis and celebrating life and the future, etc.

Of course it could be a song about simply being happy, like Love Today. :naughty:

I was really hoping he would talk about it today but it sounds like it was a pointless interview. Maybe later he'll discuss it in some later interviews today. :dunno:

Those interviewers wanted to just hear their own voices :sneaky2: But maybe we will hear more details later.

Oh that makes sense... though I can't understand the meaning of several lines... maybe imply something only Mika knows.... :blush-anim-cl: It's interesting and hope he tell us meaning of this song someday..

I agree it goes downhill after the Pharrell bit. In my opinion not specifically because of him; it just fizzles out for some reason :sneaky2:

I've said this before and I still stand by it: I think Mika's choruses are overrated and his verses are much better, in many of his songs.

I agree about the choruses. As for Mika in Eurovision. I'd like to see him present it rather than sing in it.

Those interviewers wanted to just hear their own voices :sneaky2: But maybe we will hear more details later.

I don't get when interviewers do this. I mean they aren't thick, they know people want to hear what the other person has to say. They can save that banter for after the interview, and talk properly to the person they are interviewing.:aah:

From PureVolume

Mika Premieres New Song "Celebrate"

Chart-topping pop sensation Mika returns to the scene with a new song, "Celebrate," and we couldn't think of a better way to welcome in a Friday than to share its premiere. It's a star-studded, beat-happy extravaganza that is sure to transform your current surroundings into a makeshift dance party. It also sees support from the likes of Pharrell Williams [guest vocals] and Empire of the Sun's Nick Littlemore [producer]. "Celebrate" comes off Mika's new album, The Origin of Love, slated for release this fall on Universal Republic. Give it a spin and allow yourself to sink into weekend mode a bit early.

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/78406/LISTEN-Mika-Unveils-Comeback-Single-Celebrate-Feat-Pharrell-Williams

LISTEN: Mika Unveils Comeback Single 'Celebrate' Feat. Pharrell Williams

Singer has debuted the track online...

Remember that guy Mika who sang repeatedly about a woman called Grace Kelly? He's back and ready to make another impression on the music world with new single 'Celebrate', featuring Pharrell Williams.

The singer has debuted the track online and has teamed up with rapper Pharrell Williams in a bid to have as much success as he did with his former hits.

'Celebrate' is also set to be the lead single from his upcoming album 'The Origin Of Love'. The track was co-written by Mika, Pharrell and FrYars and was produced by Nick Littlemore.

The next album 'The Origin Of Love' will be the follow-up to his 2009 hit 'The Boy Who Knew Too Much' and will be released in September.

We have to say - we much prefer the polished Mika compared to that scruffy haired 'Grace Kelly' singer back in the day...very nice!

If I was Mika I would have definetely HATED those interviewers! Why do they even take people there? It's pointless, really. They talk and talk and the criticize and criticize, even if it's joking, I wouldn't take it. :sneaky2: I do agree on the taking too long for the album though :naughty:

Ok, fury over :mf_rosetinted:

About the song, I ABSOLUTELY adore it! It gives me SO much energy! I couldn't stop jumping and screaming :aah:

In the lyric aspect, Make you happy is better, it obviously has more 'content'.

But it is a perfect summer hit. And I don't like that rapper stucked in the middle too :teehee: But that's cause I only want to listen to him :wub2:

I still have doubts about the lyrics, I really need them officially :teehee:

And I am so so so happy that we have him back, even if he's a grandpa now :teehee:

And thanks for dl, translate, pics, lyrics and all :huglove:

Edited by sweet.pixie

oohh come on people!

i know some of you disappointed with this song, but let's just put the pressure away from Mika, he's been putting his ass working on this album and he's very anxious about releasing this 3rd album, so if we, his loyal fans, even judge the songs are unsatisfying, he will be very sad and feel like all of his hard work not good enough....i like the songs though, i felt like they're new and catchy but i also feel like they are like any other songs out there and not too unique, but i tried to think that these are the songs that Mika wanted to make and share to us to be enjoyed, so well... i just accept it as his work-piece and enjoy it....:thumb_yello: