Mika on Newsnight? tonight? Olympics?

Naectegale

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry the Olympics made a copyright claim on this. I didn't even mention the Olympics anywhere in the description. :sneaky2: I will have to upload it to Mikatube. Will post the link later.

:shocked:

Idiots :aah:

Sorry the Olympics made a copyright claim on this. I didn't even mention the Olympics anywhere in the description. :sneaky2: I will have to upload it to Mikatube. Will post the link later.

If you can do that, swell. MIKA was SO good in it :)

That is so ridicilous :doh: But thanks for uploading it before, I saved it :thumb_yello:

But I can't stop wondering why they have Mika on this show:dunno:

Well, Mika was wondering that too... He mentioned the tv appearance at his performance at Suikerrock (Belgium, 28 July 2012). Mika said that he'd never been so nervous; the thought that he could perform and sing a night later, helped him to struggle through the interview (the man has a low self-esteem, in my opinion his appearance was very entertaining and informative).

He didn't look nervous at all. When Mika is nervous on stage he closes his eyes and doesn't talk. He was totally engaged in this show and even jumping into other people's convos which is why it was hard to edit the others out. :naughty:

It's obvious why they had him there since the host specifically turned to him to get an opinion on the music and I think Mika probably has more breadth of knowledge in that area than your average X Factor contestant.

He didn't look nervous at all. When Mika is nervous on stage he closes his eyes and doesn't talk. He was totally engaged in this show and even jumping into other people's convos which is why it was hard to edit the others out. :naughty:

It's obvious why they had him there since the host specifically turned to him to get an opinion on the music and I think Mika probably has more breadth of knowledge in that area than your average X Factor contestant.

That's what I liked best, that the host made a point of asking Mika. In a respectful way too, not in a condescending way. This is the way I've always wanted people to be, with Mika. I think this could be the start of him getting some genuine respect for his knowledge about music.

The podcasts will help as well. Because he plays such a wide variety of music and speaks with such intelligence about the music he plays. His fans are used to his varied musical taste, and his knowledge of other subjects, because of what he's recomended to us on twitter, and before that, on ms, and we've read the XL articles he writes so well. But hopefully, more people will now start to realise there's more to Mika than just Grace Kelly and LICM.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Does someone still have a link to this interview? I missed since I was abroad and I quite like that BBC show.

The youtube video doesn't exist anymore and the sendspace link has expired.

Thanks!

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/9356696/2012_07_27_mika_at_uk_tv_show/