Mika on Newsnight? tonight? Olympics?

Naectegale

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, now when I saw the video I must restrain from the thing I said before, that he looks 40. He looks just the way he suppose to for this kind of appearance, even better. I didn't like the picture, but in this context it's more than ok. Very elegant.

Aren't we all proud of him? :wub2:

I really don't think so. He seems very comfortable and confident to me, not tense at all. Mika always handles himself well but he's usually talking about himself and answering the same questions over and over so it's expected. But it was very impressive the way he easily jumped into a discussion about something that he'd only just seen (unless Es Devlin tipped him off :wink2:). His comments were insightful and it was clear that he has a very wide ranging understanding of culture and arts and is therefore an ideal participant in a discussion like this.

Alright... Let it were my imagining

unless Es Devlin tipped him off :wink2:.

... I forgot to post this link that came up a month ago in my tweet updates from the ROH

http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/2012/jun/29/designer-gaga-olympics-ceremony-es-devlin

There is one Mika-related sentence in it:

" In a South Bank Show about McVicar, Devlin was spotted by the pop singer Mika – "I suspect it was actually his mother who saw the programme, although he insists it was him" – which lead her to work on his stadium concerts. "

:teehee:

Just caught up with Newsnight tonight.....only one day late :naughty:

I thought he looked amazing and talked very eloquently and came across as informed and knowlegable and yes, comfortable. I think it is great to see him on a show like this- and hints that 'this time around' things are going to be quite different. We have already seen several changes this year in the world of Mika and this was just another one.

Fantastic.

Some guests (my mum's friends) came over today that I don't see often, and the first thing they said to us was, 'OH WE SAW MIKO (they can never say him name right :aah: ) ON TV LAST NIGHT'.

They thought he was very articulate, and political. They were very suprised, and apparently they thought he was gorgous!

As did everyone else probably. :teehee:

Just caught up with Newsnight tonight.....only one day late :naughty:

I thought he looked amazing and talked very eloquently and came across as informed and knowlegable and yes, comfortable. I think it is great to see him on a show like this- and hints that 'this time around' things are going to be quite different. We have already seen several changes this year in the world of Mika and this was just another one.

Fantastic.

I hope he'll do shows like this more often. This reminded me of Mika that we know from XL columns and I always felt sorry these columns don't have wider audience. This show was a good opportunity to present Mika in a different light.

I hope he'll do shows like this more often. This reminded me of Mika that we know from XL columns and I always felt sorry these columns don't have wider audience. This show was a good opportunity to present Mika in a different light.

Yes, quite. :thumb_yello:

I finally just watched this ... was on train home at the time ... I enjoyed it ... I thought he was very interesting ... he came across really well .... I'm glad I recorded it :wub2:

Some guests (my mum's friends) came over today that I don't see often, and the first thing they said to us was, 'OH WE SAW MIKO (they can never say him name right :aah: ) ON TV LAST NIGHT'.

That made laugh out loud :lmao:

That made laugh out loud :lmao:

I WAS EVEN WEARING A MIKA T SHIRT, WITH JUST HIS NAME ON AND THE COLOURFUL CIRCLES.

:shocked:

:doh: Even throughout the evening they couldn't quite get it right :doh: But they seemed interested in him though, which is good :naughty: But it's always so complicated whenever someone asks where he's from. IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME WITH MY PARENTS FRIENDS AND THEN IF I GET IT WRONG I FEEL LIKE AN IDIOT :mf_rosetinted:

Okay I will try but may have to just capture the bits where Mika is doing most of the talking and not the whole show. Since I'm going through a proxy the connection is not perfect and the iPlayer it tends to freeze up. But I will try :naughty:

:bow: :bow:

Thank you so much!!!! :huglove:

Thank you for uploading it to youtube!

I thought the opening ceremony was a lot of fun, though I've never really watched them before so I have no basis for comparison.

. . . I don't remember seeing a lesbian kiss, though.

Thank u so much for the video!!! I loved it!!1 I agree with everything he said :wub2: and i also noticed that those dogs were too fat xD

I always watch the opening ceremony of the olympic games :3 i like to see them and I really loved this one cuz I never thought that it would be funny ^^ and I'm so happy cuz Mika thought the same tht I did :wub2:haha i don't know if that makes sense xD

Agree :fangurl:

59526971.jpg

he looks sooo handsome ! it was really hard to get focused on what he was saying :swoon:

The lesbian kiss, even gay kiss, could have been very well in Holland! Not only in Britain Mika!

.... I never saw that kiss :blink: is there any video of that specific part?

My thoughts too. I always love his articles in XL and wish the UK could have them too. He is so knowledgeable about so many things. This would be a good way for the UK to see there's so much more to him than they may have thought. But with him doing the Newsnight show, I'm sure people have been very pleasantly surprised.

I don't know if the PR company is a new one for Mika, but they've done well getting him on a serious talk show, to comment on the ceremony.

He really shone brightly on that show, and lookeed amazing.

My thoughts too. I always love his articles in XL and wish the UK could have them too. He is so knowledgeable about so many things. This would be a good way for the UK to see there's so much more to him than they may have thought. But with him doing the Newsnight show, I'm sure people have been very pleasantly surprised.

I don't know if the PR company is a new one for Mika, but they've done well getting him on a serious talk show, to comment on the ceremony.

He really shone brightly on that show, and lookeed amazing.

I agree. I usuallly translate his XL articles to Russians, so I think these thoughts of Mika can bring him closer to the Russian audience. As to his new interviews - yes, serious talk doesn`t seem something laboured or something completely boring to him. He speaks freely, it`s so nice. He`s confident and free.

I hope, It will also work for the Russian listeners:thumb_yello:

I watched the opening ceremony yesterday morning followed by this. Mika was fantastic on it. So articulate. He came across really well and fitted in nicely.

The lesbian kiss was the famous one from Brookside and was projected on the house during the social network part.

I watched the opening ceremony yesterday morning followed by this. Mika was fantastic on it. So articulate. He came across really well and fitted in nicely.

The lesbian kiss was the famous one from Brookside and was projected on the house during the social network part.

thank you for the info :thumb_yello: