Mika on Newsnight? tonight? Olympics?

Naectegale

Christine, Naectegale, I responded to it. I realized that they did not talk about politics.

Oh - I see what you mean :thumb_yello:

You are right - Mika wouldn't ever be an ordinary politician. But if he ruled the world there would be more peace, love, fun and colour so I would vote for that if I could :teehee:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right - Mika wouldn't ever be an ordinary politician. But if he ruled the world there would be more peace, love, fun and colour so I would vote for that if I could :teehee:

And more good music :naughty:

I watched it last night, it was great.

. . .

Anyway. I hope someone has recorded the ep for everyone. He was SO amazing!

I've said it before, he'd make a great politician!

I would certainly vote for MIKA!:mikalove:

YES, we've explored this notion previously :

MIKA for PRESIDENT --

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1858508&postcount=1

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1860596&postcount=14

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1905843&postcount=104

:Update: . . . . . 484

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3748217&postcount=279

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16880&highlight=vote+mika+president

Are you havin'

a LAFF?

ththl_44090b55c3dfcb6eb8b333d74b145.gif

BIG GULP : UNBELIEVABLE, ISN'T IT?

move.gif

OK, but NO FREE LUNCH :

nochickentonightsmaller.gif

Edited by A. Clay

Have you tried this?

http://www.expatshield.com/

When you install it and switch it on you will be surfing with a UK proxy and then you can watch it on iPlayer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01l8nqc/Newsnight_27_07_2012/

You'll get ads inside your browser but once you're finished you can just switch it off and you can surf normally again.

Otherwise I can try to record it tomorrow.

Oh, would you please, Christine!

I'm not with my usual laptop, and my possibilities are so limited :(((

Okay. Peace, color, fun ... Circus. A weak country. Not for mine.

Oh, would you please, Christine!

I'm not with my usual laptop, and my possibilities are so limited :(((

Okay I will try but may have to just capture the bits where Mika is doing most of the talking and not the whole show. Since I'm going through a proxy the connection is not perfect and the iPlayer it tends to freeze up. But I will try :naughty:

A ruler I could wholeheartedly get behind . . .

12072309000938028-1-1.jpg

. . . YES, imagine WORLD DOMINATION!

Edited by A. Clay

Sorry I had to chop it up quite a bit to reduce the file size and the resolution is not high but at least you can hear what he says.

[YOUTUBE]JDXMYhR9GXM[/YOUTUBE]

This is wonderful : Thank you.

Just when you thought you couldn't admire MIKA more . . . . . . . :mikadas:

Edited by A. Clay

Thank you so much for uploading it on YT. Just watching it now and I am fangirling. :mikalove: ( I rarely do it for interviews )

I hope people will realize it is worth inviting him for some tv chats as he seems to feel at ease, has manners and most importantly, has intelligent things to say. Non-typical popstar in every aspect.

In Russian interview he said that He hates politics and politicians. Of course, this translation sounded. Maybe He said He loved politics. I do not understand why He was in this studio. I see no reason for Him to be there.

Because he was wonderful, that's why! It was great publicity, and Mika is not just a singer/songwriter, he's wonderful at speaking too. It's great that his PR people booked him for this, since he wasn't involved with the opening ceremony itself.

Besides, if he wants to do a talk show, he can, it's his decision.

Lena, I think you have this, too idealised version of Mika in your head, that has no comparison with the real flesh-and-blood man.

You want him to be this God-like creature, who never falls in love with anyone, stays on his own until he sees you somewhere and falls in love with you.

It's not going to happen, so please get a life. Make friends and get out and meet a man of your own who can give you the love that Mika can't ever give you.

Thanks, Christine, for the youtube version of this! :flowers2:

Mika comes off as so articulate and thoughtful -- plus he looks so

sophisticated and handsome! :wub2: Absolutely love that he was able

to participate in this!

Thanks, Christine, for the youtube version of this! :flowers2:

Mika comes off as so articulate and thoughtful -- plus he looks so

sophisticated and handsome! :wub2: Absolutely love that he was able

to participate in this!

Absolutely agree, he looks so sophisticated and stylish, and yes, thoughtful and adult as well :wub2:

Because he was wonderful, that's why! It was great publicity, and Mika is not just a singer/songwriter, he's wonderful at speaking too. It's great that his PR people booked him for this, since he wasn't involved with the opening ceremony itself.

Besides, if he wants to do a talk show, he can, it's his decision.

Lena, I think you have this, too idealised version of Mika in your head, that has no comparison with the real flesh-and-blood man.

You want him to be this God-like creature, who never falls in love with anyone, stays on his own until he sees you somewhere and falls in love with you.

It's not going to happen, so please get a life. Make friends and get out and meet a man of your own who can give you the love that Mika can't ever give you.

Yes. My Mika is ideal. And I want Him be ideal. But I have long ceased to dream that He will love me. If I find other man, then I will spit with high mountains on Mika. Because I can't love two at once. And I don't want. And I will never accept the fact that I see. I said that no one will break me. Even He . If He break me I would die. Let. I'm holding for now. I hate other men, except Him. Why can't accept me for who I am? I will not adapt are not under anyone. Is it not what Mika does ? I love Him blindly, but I not able to follow Him blindly . What's wrong with that, I knocked out of the total mass of fans. What's wrong, I love Him the way I love? I am not a bad person just because I'm who I am.

And I understand that it is useful to Him. It is necessary for His career. But I felt uncomfortable. out of place. He was tense.

-----

I'm sorry, Robertina. I know I'm not out of place too.

I could watch the show now, thanks to YT and Christine.

I've found the Ceremony quite interesting, huge but not triumphalist, human and very well directed.

I loved the NHS reference, which seems to me quite a slap in the face of the US :naughty:

I agree with all Mika said, and I also noted the lesbian kiss...something only the british could hint at. :thumb_yello:

i think Sit Paul should not dye his hair though :mf_rosetinted:

And I understand that it is useful to Him. It is necessary for His career. But I felt uncomfortable. out of place. He was tense.

I really don't think so. He seems very comfortable and confident to me, not tense at all. Mika always handles himself well but he's usually talking about himself and answering the same questions over and over so it's expected. But it was very impressive the way he easily jumped into a discussion about something that he'd only just seen (unless Es Devlin tipped him off :wink2:). His comments were insightful and it was clear that he has a very wide ranging understanding of culture and arts and is therefore an ideal participant in a discussion like this.