Mika on Newsnight? tonight? Olympics?

Naectegale

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree. He seemed confident and comfortable, articulate and knowledgeable.

This PR team look like they could really do him some good, if they can continue to get him exposure like this.

Yes it is :teehee:

I'm excited for the Olympics now but it's only recently that I've been able to get into it even though I'm a sports fan. But the buzz has really increased these past few weeks, as you'd expect.

It won't be rebroadcast as it's just a nightly news magazine, but quite a good one, well respected and usually well watched. But it'll be available on BBC iPlayer (I hope). I hope someone can record it, I don't have the technology to do so i'm afraid :huh:

I watched some of the Olympic opening ceremony and it confused me. I'm supposed to be an English citizen and it seemed very boring and strange. Now watching mika. Never boring, sometimes strange!

The lesbian kiss, even gay kiss, could have been very well in Holland! Not only in Britain Mika!

I think he might have been thinking about the Saudis - who grudgingly sent 2 female athletes because they were told to. That chap Rogge mentioned it was the 1st time every country had sent female athletes and he got a huge cheer. I think that justified having the suffragettes in the show too :thumb_yello: Western Europe is so liberal these days (could still be more so...)- I think we take it for granted sometimes. When you think what women around the world have to deal with.

I think Mika made some excellent points - I wish he always spoke so well - he shines in intelligent company.

I think he might have been thinking about the Saudis - who grudgingly sent 2 female athletes because they were told to. That chap Rogge mentioned it was the 1st time every country had sent female athletes and he got a huge cheer. I think that justified having the suffragettes in the show too :thumb_yello: Western Europe is so liberal these days (could still be more so...)- I think we take it for granted sometimes. When you think what women around the world have to deal with.

I think Mika made some excellent points - I wish he always spoke so well - he shines in intelligent company.

I have a feeling we might see that Mika more often in the coming months:thumb_yello:

I think Mika's new look makes him look younger. He looks like someone his age. Just someone who is a professional and not someone living a 10-year-extended adolescence. I think trying to pull off the boy look when you are no longer a boy has the opposite effect.

No video yet? :tears:

Have you tried this?

http://www.expatshield.com/

When you install it and switch it on you will be surfing with a UK proxy and then you can watch it on iPlayer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01l8nqc/Newsnight_27_07_2012/

You'll get ads inside your browser but once you're finished you can just switch it off and you can surf normally again.

Otherwise I can try to record it tomorrow.

Have you tried this?

http://www.expatshield.com/

When you install it and switch it on you will be surfing with a UK proxy and then you can watch it on iPlayer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01l8nqc/Newsnight_27_07_2012/

You'll get ads inside your browser but once you're finished you can just switch it off and you can surf normally again.

Otherwise I can try to record it tomorrow.

Thanks Christine! I'll try it :thumb_yello:

I can't believe this is the same year!:aah:

401410_286739994708787_503639607_n.jpg

59526971.jpg

He is handsome, but looks like he's 40.

I'm pretty sure they were not taken in the same year. But TBH, his naked man necklace wouldn't have been appropriate for this occasion!

I can't believe this is the same year!:aah:

401410_286739994708787_503639607_n.jpg

59526971.jpg

He is handsome, but looks like he's 40.

I thought I'd never say this, but his current look is SO much better. The 2009-ish look is my absolute favourite but it's about time he grew up. :aah:

I miss the earring though, just the other day I was thinking how we haven't seen it in a while (or maybe I've just missed it - wouldn't be the first time I wasn't paying attention :naughty: ).

I like both pics though :blush-anim-cl:

One of them is naughty Mika , one of them is BBC Mika :naughty:

:lmfao:

I watched it last night, it was great. I didn't come on here during, because I wanted to concentrate on my gorgeous young, handsome... Well you've all said it all.

There was no way for me to record it. We bought an HD recorder with Freeview a few weeks ago, but can't seem to get the BBC channels on it! Only BBC1, which is 50, a few days ago I got BBC2 on channel 54, but last night, when I needed it the most, 54 was showing the opening ceremony on BBC1!

Desperate to see Mika, I got my son's old ariel and connected it to the ordinary TV. Then, thank God, I got BBC2, but since it wasn't coming through the HDR, I couldn't record it.

Anyway. I hope someone has recorded the ep for everyone. He was SO amazing! I've said it before, he'd make a great politician! I would certainly vote for MIKA!:mikalove:

In Russian interview he said that He hates politics and politicians. Of course, this translation sounded. Maybe He said He loved politics. I do not understand why He was in this studio. I see no reason for Him to be there.

In Russian interview he said that He hates politics and politicians. Of course, this translation sounded. Maybe He said He loved politics. I do not understand why He was in this studio. I see no reason for Him to be there.

Lena - the show wasn't political - it was a group of people to discuss the Olympic opening show - and Mika was great to do that from a musician/pop culture point of view. I thought his comments were spot-on :thumb_yello:

It was not about politics. They just discussed the opening ceremonies of the Olympics. Mika said he enjoyed it and it was funny and he liked how they incorporated the video segments into the live show in the arena. The guests talked a bit about British culture and the National Health Service but it was nothing too serious. Mika was the perfect guest for the show. :wink2:

I've said it before, he'd make a great politician! I would certainly vote for MIKA!:mikalove:

Christine, Naectegale, I responded to it. I realized that they did not talk about politics.