MIKA @G-A-Y, London, England - 06-October-2012

MikaMadLuke

Mika's FB page says the tickets are for sale now.

If is true maybe someone who's in London could go there, check things and buy tickets for us too....?

If we can purchase them now shouldn't be a problem to come to the show cause we'll *have te wristband for sure!

That's a great idea. Please, are there any Londoners here :pray:?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If is true maybe someone who's in London could go there, check things and buy tickets for us too....?

If we can purchase them now shouldn't be a problem to come to the show cause we'll *have te wristband for sure!

Yes, that's a great idea, it would be amazing.. hope there will be some nice Londoners to help us :thumb_yello:

I can be really annoying if there's something I really want :naughty:. I wrote again and to a different e-mail address. I hope they finally answer. :naughty:

Well done, hopefully we will have some news!

Anyway, I've booked my flight and my hotel, at the very least I will enjoy THE beautiful city that is london :naughty:

Well done, hopefully we will have some news!

Anyway, I've booked my flight and my hotel, at the very least I will enjoy THE beautiful city that is london :naughty:

I just decided that I'm going too. London is amazing and it's always nice to be there :)

No one? :fisch:

Recently I asked one simple question about the diference between 2 airports in a city where a gig has been announced (which one is recommended in terms of transport) and no-one bothered to anwser. So how could anyone expect people they don't even know to go and buy them tickets for a show? :dunno:

I don't think there'd be a problem with tickets though - for club gigs most people just buy them as they enter.

Recently I asked one simple question about the diference between 2 airports in a city where a gig has been announced (which one is recommended in terms of transport) and no-one bothered to anwser. So how could anyone expect people they don't even know to go and buy them tickets for a show? :dunno:

I don't think there'd be a problem with tickets though - for club gigs most people just buy them as they enter.

That's true but it was still worth to try even if it wasn't any help:)

I don't think there will be a problem with tickets either. I looked around G-A-Y facebook page and it seems like people buy the wristbands just before the show.

That's true but it was still worth to try even if it wasn't any help:)

I know, I was just trying to prepare everyone about what to expect...

I have only 3 friends who live in central London (none are Mika fans) but I wouldn't even ask them as it really takes time to travel from one place in the city to another and it would also be complicated for me to collect...etc.

I know, I was just trying to prepare everyone about what to expect...

I have only 3 friends who live in central London (none are Mika fans) but I wouldn't even ask them as it really takes time to travel from one place in the city to another and it would also be complicated for me to collect...etc.

My friends in London aren't even going to this gig I don't think. Because they are not gay. :naughty:

I've just asked politely...if anyone wants to reply would be great..otherwise I can say I've tried.

If someone asks help for something in Italy I reply if I can..when I organized the bus for Roma-Codroipo I replied to tons of PM, emails and I helped also 1 or 2 (dont remember) foreigners to join or just ask informations.

Here we say "chiedere è lecito, rispondere è cortesia" that means it's ok to ask but is kind to reply :wink2:

If no one here will go..then I won't ask for help anymore and I'll apologize if I seemed annoying :blush-anim-cl:

I've just asked politely...if anyone wants to reply would be great..otherwise I can say I've tried.

If someone asks help for something in Italy I reply if I can..when I organized the bus for Roma-Codroipo I replied to tons of PM, emails and I helped also 1 or 2 (dont remember) foreigners to join or just ask informations.

Here we say "chiedere è lecito, rispondere è cortesia" that means it's ok to ask but is kind to reply :wink2:

If no one here will go..then I won't ask for help anymore and I'll apologize if I seemed annoying :blush-anim-cl:

Don't be silly hun ... if I lived in London I'd be happy to help ... but I don't ... it takes me an hour and a half to get to London and costs me about £36.00 every time ... I'm not planning on going to this gig either ... it never hurts asking though ... I hope someone helps you guys out with this ... and you all manage to go who wants to go .... :huglove:

Don't be silly hun ... if I lived in London I'd be happy to help ... but I don't ... it takes me an hour and a half to get to London and costs me about £36.00 every time ... I'm not planning on going to this gig either ... it never hurts asking though ... I hope someone helps you guys out with this ... and you all manage to go who wants to go .... :huglove:

I appreciate your reply, even if you can't go you would've helped me and that's a very kind thought. In my previous post I was trying to underline just this, a kind reply even if you can't actually help is always apprecciated :thumb_yello:

You did help so much :huglove: There are cultural differences. Italian and French fans have helped me in so many ways that I can't count (even when never met me in real life) :wub2: Can't take something like that for granted in every country (sadly not in my own country either).

In this case there are not many fans living in central London, I guess. It should be possible to buy tickets at doors.

In this case there are not many fans living in central London, I guess. It should be possible to buy tickets at doors.

I don't know anyone living in central London and only one who passes through to go to work.

You did help so much :huglove: There are cultural differences. Italian and French fans have helped me in so many ways that I can't count (even when never met me in real life) :wub2: Can't take something like that for granted in every country (sadly not in my own country either).

Awww, thanks Nina :huglove:

I don't know anyone living in central London and only one who passes through to go to work.

Yes, maybe that's the reason :wink2:

I think (a) there are not many fans in Central London (b) very few UK MFCers are thinking of going to this appearance, as it is likely to be a short set and © some of us are too old for clubbing :teehee:.

We're all saving our money for a proper gig like the Roundhouse :naughty:

I think (a) there are not many fans in Central London (b) very few UK MFCers are thinking of going to this appearance, as it is likely to be a short set and © some of us are too old for clubbing :teehee:.

We're all saving our money for a proper gig like the Roundhouse :naughty:

Exactly, I'd say it's supposed to be for people who'd be going to that club anyway because it's they place they'd like to be and not just because Mika is performing! :naughty:

My friends in London aren't even going to this gig I don't think. Because they are not gay. :naughty:

Aye :naughty:

Exactly, I'd say it's supposed to be for people who'd be going to that club anyway because it's they place they'd like to be and not just because Mika is performing! :naughty:

Exactly Luke, you've hit the nail on the head.

I pass through central London every day, as I work there, even though I don't live central, but I am not considering this gig because I think that it's not aimed at us 'general fans'. To me, this is a short and sweet appearance by Mika at the G-A-Y night which should be for the regulars of said night, and not a massive international pilgrimage of fans. I hope that nobody gets offended, but I do wish that we'd just let these guys be and enjoy their night without the big MFC contingent descending on them.

We have a 'proper' gig in London merely two months later, not to mention all the other european gigs happening between this and the Roundhouse; is it really necessary for everyone to go mad about this one, for a short set in what is likely to be an environment where they stick out like a sore thumb? I know that, sadly, anything that happens in London means that it's automatically better than anywhere else and unmissable (:mf_rosetinted:) but still, I personally think that this is quite an extreme case and I just don't get it.

oh, I never thought you sounded annoying, I just thought you and the others may want to know what to expect for a variety of reason like Silver and Luke have already mentioned, plus, the fact that if you don't know anyone it is unlikely you'd get a response. It is most definitely not 'cultural' as I always get help from my UK based friends but I do so because they are my friends and make arrangements offline.

I even remember 3 years ago there was a similar gig at a gay bar in London

and I asked on MFC openly if it was a type of gig people would recommend others to go and I received an honest answer on what to expect.

Edited by suzie

oh, I never thought you sounded annoying, I just thought you and the others may want to know what to expect for a variety of reason like Silver and Luke have already mentioned, plus, the fact that if you don't know anyone it is unlikely you'd get a response. It is most definitely not 'cultural' as I always get help from my UK based friends but I do so because they are my friends and make arrangements offline.

and I asked on MFC openly if it was a type of gig people would recommend others to go and I received an honest answer on what to expect.

Oh, I didn't think it is cultural in this case either. I have also got help from my UK based friends and also from some UK people who didn't even know me that time! I was amazed for weeks :wub2: I was just saying that Sarina comes from one of those countries where it's natural to help and be friendly to foreigners and it's definitely not like that in every country. I remember Saskia was shocked to meet an unfriendly bus driver last summer, and I said it's probably nothing compared to bus drivers in my country :aah::naughty: Yesterday I did meet a bus driver who was giving people biscuits, hahah, maybe instead of change money. Sorry off topic :blush-anim-cl:

Exactly Luke, you've hit the nail on the head.

I pass through central London every day, as I work there, even though I don't live central, but I am not considering this gig because I think that it's not aimed at us 'general fans'. To me, this is a short and sweet appearance by Mika at the G-A-Y night which should be for the regulars of said night, and not a massive international pilgrimage of fans. I hope that nobody gets offended, but I do wish that we'd just let these guys be and enjoy their night without the big MFC contingent descending on them.

We have a 'proper' gig in London merely two months later, not to mention all the other european gigs happening between this and the Roundhouse; is it really necessary for everyone to go mad about this one, for a short set in what is likely to be an environment where they stick out like a sore thumb? I know that, sadly, anything that happens in London means that it's automatically better than anywhere else and unmissable (:mf_rosetinted:) but still, I personally think that this is quite an extreme case and I just don't get it.

I see your point here but I thought this show would have been similar to the Heaven one that was in a place also with gay and there were no problems for regular MFC fans from what I've read. If this one is a different thing "too closed" for other people or the place is different then I understand the situation but I don't have enough information if I don't know the place at all. You're right when you say that there's a proper gig a month later but I usually like small gigs and I prefer to choose small venue instead of big ones (unfortunately in Italy are big ones this time) plus this one is on saturday..and this is another BIG plus!

Also, about "London means that it's automatically better than anywhere else and unmissable" the explanation is so easy imo....I like London and if I can kill 2 birds with a stone is better! That's why I always try to go to London almost 1 time every year (better if for Mika's gig!) :wink2:

Was the reply that was missing Suzie....see my point here?

A reply would have been enough for me...like Laurel's one cause she showed kindness to reply..just that. I thought it was kinda sad that no one was replying to fans who were asking informations and no one offered to help...even with a phonecall to the club or something like that.

But again...maybe is my idea that is wrong :wink2:

I'm glad anyway that I didnt seem annoying cause this was not the intention!