MIKA @G-A-Y, London, England - 06-October-2012

MikaMadLuke

I see your point here but I thought this show would have been similar to the Heaven one that was in a place also with gay and there were no problems for regular MFC fans from what I've read. If this one is a different thing "too closed" for other people or the place is different then I understand the situation but I don't have enough information if I don't know the place at all. You're right when you say that there's a proper gig a month later but I usually like small gigs and I prefer to choose small venue instead of big ones (unfortunately in Italy are big ones this time) plus this one is on saturday..and this is another BIG plus!

Also, about "London means that it's automatically better than anywhere else and unmissable" the explanation is so easy imo....I like London and if I can kill 2 birds with a stone is better! That's why I always try to go to London almost 1 time every year (better if for Mika's gig!) :wink2:

I thought that as well.

I'm going to London with my family these days, and I thought it was a good opportunity to see Mika live, even if it's for very short time! Moreover i thought it was THE same place of Havean gig, in fact in the G-A-Y website it sais it's Heaven, Under the Arches, if I'm not wrong. And so, I could't see THE difference between this time and THE Heaven ones.

I don't know if THE fact that I'm not gay can cause some problems in coming in, but I think that for 5£ I can try to go.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heaven will the nothing like this the difference between this and the Heaven gig is that Heaven was booked just for Mika to perform, this gig will be on an actual club night where the people who usually go to this club will be there, it doesn't matter to them that Mika is there. The night is for them and should not be for MFC, it's a gay club, if you wouldn't go to this kind of place normally than I don't think you should go there because Mika's performing, sorry if that sounds harsh but it's just what I thin about the situation.

Heaven will the nothing like this the difference between this and the Heaven gig is that Heaven was booked just for Mika to perform, this gig will be on an actual club night where the people who usually go to this club will be there, it doesn't matter to them that Mika is there. The night is for them and should not be for MFC, it's a gay club, if you wouldn't go to this kind of place normally than I don't think you should go there because Mika's performing, sorry if that sounds harsh but it's just what I thin about the situation.

I got it, thank you, but maybe a Different kind of night could be cool, I'll see when I'm there.

I'm going. I don't get this whole tension about going to gay clubs in London, here in Sweden we're really laid back, many straight people go out to gay clubs and have fun, nothing wrong with that. Many of my friends are gay and/or openminded and I personally prefer to go to gay clubs instead of other clubs, mainly 'cause I'm tired of getting nasty guys' hands all over me lol and because the gay clubs in my town play way better music than most other places and it's my kind of place to have fun. Anyway, I don't really know what I'm trying to say anymore lol I guess what I mean is that for me seeing Mika at Heaven in London is the type of Mika gig I prefer to go to if I'm seeing Mika. But we'll see how it goes I guess. And if I'm not going then who's going to document the gig?? :naughty::mf_rosetinted:

I'm going. I don't get this whole tension about going to gay clubs in London

There's no problem with going to the club. The thing is many Mika fans are not going to go "clubbing" i.e. drinking, dancing, socializing with the other patrons. They will stand at the stage from the moment they walk in the door, like it's a Mika gig. That's "the problem" (if you want to call it a problem).

If I lived in London I would go because I've been to other gay club nights at Heaven. But I would not treat it as a Mika gig and I'm certainly not going to fly into London when there are dozens of other proper gigs to go to.

There's no problem with going to the club. The thing is many Mika fans are not going to go "clubbing" i.e. drinking, dancing, socializing with the other patrons. They will stand at the stage from the moment they walk in the door, like it's a Mika gig. That's "the problem" (if you want to call it a problem).

If I lived in London I would go because I've been to other gay club nights at Heaven. But I would not treat it as a Mika gig and I'm certainly not going to fly into London when there are dozens of other proper gigs to go to.

Ah, now I get what you guys meant. I don't really like clubbing either but from time to time it's fun. I just realized that the only gigs I bother to go to are danish and london ones :blink: Perhaps 'cause I'm not really comfortable travelling to a country I've never been to before.

See that's why I'm not going ... that's exactly what I did at Scala ... and it never even entered my head that I shouldn't be doing that ... I never even looked at what else that club had to offer ... I entered at 10.00pm ... headed straight for the room where Mika was going to play and stayed at that barrier for the next two hours ... cos' he wasn't on till gone 12.00am ... in retrospect it was a gig I shouldn't have been at ... it wasn't a Mika gig ... and I would never have gone to that club at any other night and never have since ... it's not my thing .... I'm not a clubbing kind of girl ... never have been :dunno: That's why I wouldn't even contemplate going to this one ... it's not for me ... for us ... if this is your kind of scene ... fine ... go and enjoy the club and Mika is the added bonus ... but for me ... it's just not worth the hassle :dunno:

Ah, now I get what you guys meant. I don't really like clubbing either but from time to time it's fun. I just realized that the only gigs I bother to go to are danish and london ones :blink: Perhaps 'cause I'm not really comfortable travelling to a country I've never been to before.

I've actually been to just as many gigs in London as I have in Canada. And before last Wednesday it was more in London! :naughty: It feels like my "home" gig and I know of at least one Londoner who thinks of Toronto as her home gig too :wink2:

I feel a lot more comfortable in English speaking countries so most of my gigs have been in Canada/US/UK/Ireland. I went to Japan but I needed babysitters the entire time because hardly anyone speaks English and I can't even read the most basic Japanese. :aah:

I think I could venture to France and French parts of Belgium and Switzerland, but I'd be a bit lost on my own anywhere else.

If Mika ever goes to South Africa I'd like to try to get there. And I'd still like to go back to Asia if I have some babysitters :naughty:

I've actually been to just as many gigs in London as I have in Canada. And before last Wednesday it was more in London! :naughty: It feels like my "home" gig and I know of at least one Londoner who thinks of Toronto as her home gig too :wink2:

I feel a lot more comfortable in English speaking countries so most of my gigs have been in Canada/US/UK/Ireland. I went to Japan but I needed babysitters the entire time because hardly anyone speaks English and I can't even read the most basic Japanese. :aah:

I think I could venture to France and French parts of Belgium and Switzerland, but I'd be a bit lost on my own anywhere else.

If Mika ever goes to South Africa I'd like to try to get there. And I'd still like to go back to Asia if I have some babysitters :naughty:

Let me know when this happens. :mf_rosetinted:

Ha, yes I will pick you up in London on the way!!

(I need to stopover in Europe for a night because it's a bitch of a trip from Canada).

I'll have my bags ready!

Oh wow, I can imagine - I thought it was awful from here, and here would be your pitstop. Ouch. :aah:

And that is exactly 'it'. They will go early, queue up, and stick to the stage from the moment they get in. It will be exactly like Scala, which is what I have a big objection to.

:wink2:

See that's why I'm not going ... that's exactly what I did at Scala ... and it never even entered my head that I shouldn't be doing that ... I never even looked at what else that club had to offer ... I entered at 10.00pm ... headed straight for the room where Mika was going to play and stayed at that barrier for the next two hours ... cos' he wasn't on till gone 12.00am ... in retrospect it was a gig I shouldn't have been at ... it wasn't a Mika gig ... and I would never have gone to that club at any other night and never have since ... it's not my thing .... I'm not a clubbing kind of girl ... never have been :dunno: That's why I wouldn't even contemplate going to this one ... it's not for me ... for us ... if this is your kind of scene ... fine ... go and enjoy the club and Mika is the added bonus ... but for me ... it's just not worth the hassle :dunno:

To me it's not even about being "the clubbing kind" or not. I like to go clubbing sometimes, and it just depends on the place, music, atmosphere, and how I am feeling, so I wouldn't class me as either a clubbing type or a non clubbing type. I am both. But this sort of scenario is exactly what you described, and let's not kid ourselves: we all know that if mfc'ers go there, this is what will happen.

It happened at Scala, it happened at Heaven, and it will happen at this one, and I personally just find it ridiculous. I found it ridiculous enough to do that at Scala, so I am definitely not repeating the stunt.

I just don't see the point, especially when you can see what his vibe is at these places and the sort of people that he interacts with from the stage.....I think that it sends a strong message.

:mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted:

I'm a clubbing girl, I very often go out with my friends dancing and things like that, and I don't really care that this "gig" is in a gay club, I don't have any problems talking and socializing with gay people.. so i think I'm going, just to enjoy the night, nothing more! It will be a normal night out with THE difference that this time Mika will be on stage to sing a couple of songs :thumb_yello:

And that is exactly 'it'. They will go early, queue up, and stick to the stage from the moment they get in. It will be exactly like Scala, which is what I have a big objection to.

I never looked at it this way but it's true. Made me think about myself. Maybe I shouldn't go to this one. I have nothing against clubbing and having a good time there with others but I would be going alone to this one so there wouldn't be much for me to do than just wait for Mika to come on :) I better start waiting for Roundhouse gig instead :teehee: I still hope someone from here goes as it's interesting to know how it went.

It was just hard for me to decide not to go to this one. I'm from a country where I have a chance to see Mika every 2 years but now I'm moving to England and I didn't even think about not going at the first place because in Estonia it would've never been a question no matter where the gig had taken place. I already fear what's going to happen when he decides to do a proper tour in UK, how can I resist all those concerts that are so close to me :naughty:

If I was going to this gig (which I aren't) I would have exactly the same attitude as I had at Scala. It's a gay club, it's open to anyone, but it is essentially for Gay people and I thought of myself very much not as an 'outsider' but as a guest. And as such I didn't want to impose. It wasn't my regular club, I didn't go every week, so therefore I stayed in the background. I went onto the balcony and watched from a distance...............and really enjoyed the night. :thumb_yello:

Was the reply that was missing Suzie....see my point here?

A reply would have been enough for me...like Laurel's one cause she showed kindness to reply..just that. I thought it was kinda sad that no one was replying to fans who were asking informations and no one offered to help...even with a phonecall to the club or something like that.

But again...maybe is my idea that is wrong :wink2:

I'm glad anyway that I didnt seem annoying cause this was not the intention!

Thinking about why I responded to your post in the first place (even though I am neither Londoner nor am I planning to attend) is probably because I was trying to explain why you may not get a response from others :roftl: Sorry, I laugh at it now but I have been in similar situations so I thought I'd try to explain - silly, I know. :rolls_eyes:

Well, at least people are really active on the thread and everyone may get the info they need in the end. I like reading threads about London gigs :teehee:

Don't be silly hun ... if I lived in London I'd be happy to help ... but I don't ... it takes me an hour and a half to get to London and costs me about £36.00 every time ... I'm not planning on going to this gig either ... it never hurts asking though ... I hope someone helps you guys out with this ... and you all manage to go who wants to go .... :huglove:

I flew back and forth to London for less than that:naughty:

Oh, I didn't think it is cultural in this case either. I have also got help from my UK based friends and also from some UK people who didn't even know me that time! I was amazed for weeks :wub2: I was just saying that Sarina comes from one of those countries where it's natural to help and be friendly to foreigners and it's definitely not like that in every country. I remember Saskia was shocked to meet an unfriendly bus driver last summer, and I said it's probably nothing compared to bus drivers in my country :aah::naughty: Yesterday I did meet a bus driver who was giving people biscuits, hahah, maybe instead of change money. Sorry off topic :blush-anim-cl:

I liked the Finnish taxi drivers. But maybe they were just nice because of the hotel we were staying at. Gave him a nice 2 euro tip:mf_rosetinted:

As for going or not going, everyone should do as they please but I wouldn't go there myself. I generally do not please people when I go clubbing as my dancing style consists of many waving arm movements which often results in me nearly poking out people's eyes. Ask Laura:naughty:

I flew back and forth to London for less than that:naughty:

I liked the Finnish taxi drivers. But maybe they were just nice because of the hotel we were staying at. Gave him a nice 2 euro tip:mf_rosetinted:

As for going or not going, everyone should do as they please but I wouldn't go there myself. I generally do not please people when I go clubbing as my dancing style consists of many waving arm movements which often results in me nearly poking out people's eyes. Ask Laura:naughty:

Bloody train prices are stupid ... and it keeps going up :aah:

I now have this vision of your dancing skills Ingie ... I think I shall have them for awhile :mf_rosetinted:

Poor Laura :fisch:

Bloody train prices are stupid ... and it keeps going up :aah:

I now have this vision of your dancing skills Ingie ... I think I shall have them for awhile :mf_rosetinted:

Poor Laura :fisch:

Were you not at Eden? If so, you got a taste of what I'm like. And that for about 3 hours.

Laura was basically pulling me away whenever someone wanted to pass. I got a lot of sympathetic smiles as well:naughty:

Were you not at Eden? If so, you got a taste of what I'm like. And that for about 3 hours.

Laura was basically pulling me away whenever someone wanted to pass. I got a lot of sympathetic smiles as well:naughty:

I was at Eden but I don't really remember lol ... you were on stage for that weren't you .... my memory is like a bloody sieve :naughty: