Mikasounds and Twitter updates - Part 11

guylainem123

Is this the pic Mika talked about it in this tweet?

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

In London for the night on my way to Guardian shoot and interview with Dita Von Teese. Suited and booted. Will post a pic

tumblr_ma43v3efyq1qawnxco1_500.jpg

Edited by Mikasister

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is an early train about 6.30 leaving London for Manchester, I checked :wink2:

This has made me so happy. It's like the best birthday present ever!:wub2:

6:30 might be a bit too early. I have to watch my Chronic Fatigue so I don't want an early morning. If there's a train about 11am that would be better. The hotel we're staying in is (thanks be to God) very close to Euston Station.

I'm thinking if there's a train from London about 11am or a bit before, we'll get into Mcr by 1:30, or 2pm. It might be best for us to get the Metrolink home to Sale, it only takes 15mns on the tram. I could have a rest and a cuppa, then come out maybe 5pm to come back into Mcr for the gig.

Afterwards we'll get a taxi back home.

Up to now, that's my plan.

I'm assuming he's just doing a performance :naughty:

The cast of celebrity dancers has already been revealed and he's not one of them :thumb_yello:

--> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006m8dq/profiles/celebrities

No he isn't LMAO if he was a contestant he'd have no time for anything else. The celebs spend all week learning the steps, then dance on the Saturday night.

The dancers are ppl who are trying to re-start careers or become more famous

Mika will be a guest performer! It will be awesome!!!!!

No he isn't LMAO if he was a contestant he'd have no time for anything else. The celebs spend all week learning the steps, then dance on the Saturday night.

The dancers are ppl who are trying to re-start careers or become more famous

Mika will be a guest performer! It will be awesome!!!!!

Everyone's going to watch his "dance moves" then :teehee: lets hope he won't get judged but I think Mika's the greatest dancer in the world (post MJ) :naughty:

Is this the pic Mika talked about it in this tweet?

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

In London for the night on my way to Guardian shoot and interview with Dita Von Teese. Suited and booted. Will post a pic

tumblr_ma43v3efyq1qawnxco1_500.jpg

I think so :thumb_yello:

Hmmm the short film project was posted to Mika's Facebook but now it's gone (for me at least) for some reason, here's a direct link to the clip:

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1828040842001?bckey=AQ~~,AAAAAGw6_cw~,orja1xhYdu2gZCWzjCe4JDJmugq7YJ7U&bclid=1826999254001&bctid=1828063348001

Personally, I'm not digging these short films at all, they bore the heck out of me and mess up my own vision of what I'd like the music videos to look like...

Edited by LaraMay

FACEBOOK UPDATE ! The Origin of Love – a film by Mika and Cristián Jiménez. Shot in Santiago, Chile - http://bit.ly/Origin_Of_Love

About the film, Mika said:

"This latest short film is a collaboration with the Chilean director Cristián Jiménez. After seeing his film Bonsai, this seemed like an exciting match. I wanted to take the kaleidoscopic dreaminess of the song and pair it up with Cristián's more realistic, surreal and moving imagery. When making these films, I give complete freedom to the director we are collaborating with, in a way that is never possible with a music video. This short film was made in Santiago with Cristián's close team and friends, and with a lot of love.

I hope that watching someone else's visual reaction to the song is as surprising and moving for you as it was for me."

Here is what Cristián had to say on the project;

"I was very excited when Mika got in touch about this. The song is fantastic, it almost feels like you can touch it. I tried to do something that adds more layers to that texture. It's an urban, very contemporary piece, with a bit of humour and touches of a fairy tale feel. I hope Mika's fans will connect and imagine a broader world beyond."

They waited for me to get home to post it HAHAHA *_*

FACEBOOK UPDATE ! The Origin of Love – a film by Mika and Cristián Jiménez. Shot in Santiago, Chile - http://bit.ly/Origin_Of_Love

"This film contains some nudity and scenes that viewers may find offensive. Caution is recommended. Not suitable for under 18s."

:lmfao: You'd think you're about to watch a dirty movie :naughty:

Personally, I'm not digging these short films at all, they bore the heck out of me and mess up my own vision of what I'd like the music videos to look like...

I think you need to watch them, enjoy them (or perhaps not) and forget about them. I really loved the Make You Happy video but I don't watch it anymore.

At least these films are better than the fan videos of WAG. I mean not that the fan videos were bad, but watching so many of them over and over was putting me off the song. And the EMD video is so offensively dumb I wish I could obliterate it from my memory. Just seeing it playing on the background screen while Mika's performing pisses me off. :naughty:

Anyway I cannot see this new video because it's blocked here. Is it any good, objectively speaking?

The only thing I'm pleased with is the fact that I now can finally get that early version of Origin Of Love on my itunes; That's the best version in my opinion, not the one on the album...

How can you see it ? What's the name of that version ? :D

It's the version he played at Nibe in Denmark, I recognize it :blush-anim-cl: And adore it. You can hear the differences towards the end of the song.

I heard the live in Denmark and I loved it as well ! :)

Has it got an other name on itunes ? :0 *trying to find it as well*

I´m very impressed by this film, only one little scene I don´t like where it shows this torturing thing with the metall in her face. But the rest is a very beautiful film and shows so much tenderness and makes you think " that´s the way love should be!"

This film contains some nudity and scenes that viewers may find offensive. Caution is recommended. Not suitable for under 18s.

This latest short film is a collaboration with the Chilean director Cristian Jimenez. After seeing his film Bonsai, this seemed like an exciting match. I wanted to take the kaleidoscopic dreaminess of the song and pair it up with Cristian's more realistic, surreal and moving imagery. When making these films, I give complete freedom to the director we are collaborating with, in a way that is never possible with a music video. This short film was made in Santiago with Cristian's close team and friends, and with a lot of love. I hope that watching someone else's visual reaction to the song is as surprising and moving for you as it was for me. Here is what Cristian had to say on the project;

"I was very excited when Mika got in touch about this. The song is fantastic, it almost feels like you can touch it. I tried to do something that adds more layers to that texture. It's an urban, very contemporary piece, with a bit of humour and touches of a fairy tale feel. I hope Mika's fans will connect and imagine a broader world beyond."

Mika x

I heard the live in Denmark and I loved it as well ! :)

Has it got an other name on itunes ? :0 *trying to find it as well*

No I was just thinking about ripping this version to mp3 and put it in my itunes 'cause it's not available to buy and the version on the album that is available to purchase (later on) is a different one.

I Really dont like that video at All >.<

Same here, I think I'll follow Christine's advice and just never watch it again after watching it once 'cause it bugs me that a lot of people will think that these short films are actual official music videos. But I'm happy we can finally hear/have this version of the song, adore it! Can you hear that it's the one he performed at Nibe? :wub2: