MIKA on Strictly Come Dancing - 15 Sep 2012 - BBC 1

Christine

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every Mika song seems to be better live. That´s exactly the opposite that happens with the rest of singers....

Step With Me sounded amazing live and I´m a bit disappointed with the album version...

I sort of prefer the album version of Step With Me :blush-anim-cl: I love the deep voice :wub2:

That was a LOT better than the album version :yay:

I know!!! Celebrate is far from one of my favourites, but I found this performance really really great! I really enjoyed it. And he was singing in a very low range, no? Unusually so. It felt like he was really controlling his voice to keep it low, and not going up very high. It surprised me.

In any case, I loved it :wub2:

I sort of prefer the album version of Step With Me :blush-anim-cl: I love the deep voice :wub2:

Really? I´ve been claiming a reduction of his falsetto since the very beginning, but I loved that song the very first time I heard it live and since it´d been on reply mode in my mp3 player now the album version sounds odd.

Apart from that, don´t you think Mika sounds far better live than in cd?

That was an amazing performance. Without the rap it is a much better song! People who don't know the record probably thought he was lip syncing though-he sounded perfect, but obviously different from the album version. Is he gok g to release a version without the rap in the middle? It's made me realise how much the rap ruins the song!

And (fingers crossed) there is evidence of the return of the mika-curls!:wub2:

Every Mika song seems to be better live. That´s exactly the opposite that happens with the rest of singers....

No.... EMD, Karen, BIOTW are fine examples of that (well, the last 2 were early versions only last year), and previously he could never really perform One Foot Boy to come close to the feel of the album version.

I also agree with Kata that Step with Me sounds even better live.

To me, this live performance was not that different or special, though Pharell's part missing certainly helps enjoy it more.

...and I can't wait to hear him perform any other song from the album live.

Edited by suzie

Here's a better quality on YouTube and I'll get you a downloadable file shortly which is much better. :wink2:

[YOUTUBE]5gz7NrXPLzM[/YOUTUBE]

Much mo' better! Thanks, Christine! :flowers2:

Here's a better quality on YouTube and I'll get you a downloadable file shortly which is much better. :wink2:

Thanks a lot for sharing Christine !!! :flowers2:

I made a MP3 from your video.

It's the D/L of "2012.09.15_Celebrate_Dance Show.mp3 (4.37MB)"

http://www.mediafire.com/?3cpzqkdehzes5us

I thought it was a good performance and it will have done his profile a lot of good in the UK.

You only had to read through the tweets about him to see how much he has been forgotten in this country these past few years. I mean I knew it anyway, but reading the tweets confirmed it. Of course there were the usual hate comments but I was heartened to see a good number of people saying positive things too - or just acknowledging that he's "back".

I liked the different bit of the song he sung over Pharrell's talky bit. It fitted well. And his voice sounded great, I thought; very controlled. Same could be said for his dancing ... phew :mikasweat:.

I thought it was a good performance and it will have done his profile a lot of good in the UK.

Yes, it was perfect for that purpose. At the same time, I sincerely hope that in the UK he will now start performing songs that represent the sound of the new album more than this one.

Yes, it was perfect for that purpose. At the same time, I sincerely hope that in the UK he will now start performing songs that represent the sound of the new album more than this one.

Well obviously on appearances like this he is going to be performing Celebrate, as it's the single he has to promote.

I think Celebrate represents the sound of the album perfectly adequately. The only flaw in the track IMO is that it doesn't have a climax or interesting change up but I think he's overcome that with the new bridge in the live performance. Was it the best choice for the lead single? Perhaps not, but it is what it is and it's really not going to hurt him for people to discover there are even better songs on the album. He just needs to get his foot back in the door and if he can give a good live vocal performance with a non-Marmite song (no extreme falsetto, etc.) then I think he's off to a good start.

Here's the file for download:

https://rapidshare.com/files/813965093/mikadancinghi.avi

Well I do hope he carries on doing tv shows like this since the single doesn't even come out here until 2 weeks' time. People will have forgotten about the song by then unless he refreshes their memory.

You can pre-order the maxi single on iTunes.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/preorder/celebrate-remixes-ep/id557935416