Blunt Talking with Mika Video Interview - Sept. 2012

LaraMay

He's a leo so he's naturally confident.

I think a general fan would dismiss a few of his songs as very simplistic.

He spoke about a very niche handbook that only very good fans would know about - songs of sorrow maybe?

I wondered about his family, because being gay and from Lebanon don't sound like it would go down well...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a leo so he's naturally confident.

I think a general fan would dismiss a few of his songs as very simplistic.

He spoke about a very niche handbook that only very good fans would know about - songs of sorrow maybe?

I wondered about his family, because being gay and from Lebanon don't sound like it would go down well...

Hi David!:punk:

I assume you've asked him about that? I wondered the same; I read about a Lebanese singer, touring and about to go to Canada, who is very anti-gay and also sings songs about it. I wondered what Mika's opinion was on that, your question comes close.

(do you visit a fanclub site everytime you've interview someone? :teehee:)

Hi David!:punk:

I assume you've asked him about that? I wondered the same; I read about a Lebanese singer, touring and about to go to Canada, who is very anti-gay and also sings songs about it. I wondered what Mika's opinion was on that, your question comes close.

(do you visit a fanclub site everytime you've interview someone? :teehee:)

that singer did not set a foot on Canada Land... he was denied entry

Funny something was just posted today where he speaks about that for the first time I'm aware of:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27336

No one from his family was at the interview? I don't think I've ever seen him without a family member around. But I guess that's because I see him in places where he's performing.

I think there were 10,000 copies of Songs for Sorrow. It was an EP that came with a book of illustrations by some of his favourite artists.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluntTalking

Mika has very long answers. We spoke about the short film he did for the origin of love. How he decided to do it with a small budget and go a very deep way about it. I got the feeling he wants to sure a more mature side to his music.

He came in with who I think was his boyfriend. Good looking dude. We we're in the sanderson hotel and the first thing mika said was ' ahhh so many crazy nights here with amy winehouse ' so I thought, he might just be the type of celeb who names drop. But he was so down to earth and intelligent. Far away from any gimmicky songs he may have.

Also, I didn't want to just discuss things you already know about him which is why I add those random questions at the end.

Oh and well spotted, one the arm rests on the chair was actually broken. So he may of seemed a bit awkward.

I will see what I can do about the full interview. Management might not like certain parts on youtube

Thank you very much! It´s very interesting to know the opinion of the journalist. I have a lot of curiosity and I appreciate all that you can tell us.

Do you think Mika is different to other artists you've interviewed? What is special about Mika's personality, especially off camera?

Why do you think that guy was Mika's boyfriend? Did they showed on occasion? He presented to you? This guy was discreet, talk to someone or remained in the background watching?

Thank you very much for everything

Thank you David!!!

I loved the interview and I'm not that tech to understand what's wrong with your filming :teehee:

his face is enough for me :naughty:

I hope you get to meet him more times and put some more witty questions :thumb_yello:

It was me moaning about the filming cause it goes blurry each time Mika moves :aah:

Nothing to complain about the questions or the interview itself,since it was interesting!

Hey Guys,

Thanks so much for the feedback and positive or negative comments. Mika was so down to earth and articulate. We spoke for about 30 minutes so it was tough to cut it down to just 5 mins.

Any questions you guys have about him?

Thanks

David Shellim

:bye:

Thanks for sharing your opinions about Mika with the deep dude fans...:naughty:

AND ZOMG!!!!

Hey, peeps, we've got another VIP on the forum...:shocked:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFFbuJ8w77zxspX-_MAj0AOXbY729MCTg948E1tMMYx9X-b6WR2A

Remember Perez???:naughty:

i think mika is genuinely a soft person. Although a couple of generic questions he has set answers for, the one's he doesn't, he seems very genuine and gives you hsi full attention.

He was very well groomed his boyfriend, he was the first person who came in to have a look around and you could kind of feel his aura was protective of Mika.

I'm not a tech guy either, but i understand if he moves back and forth at time the camera will go out of focus.

I'm more interested in you guys, there is such a huge selection of artists to for fans to be obessesed with, im curious to how you ended up being such huge fans of Mika?

i think mika is genuinely a soft person. Although a couple of generic questions he has set answers for, the one's he doesn't, he seems very genuine and gives you hsi full attention.

He was very well groomed his boyfriend, he was the first person who came in to have a look around and you could kind of feel his aura was protective of Mika.

I'm not a tech guy either, but i understand if he moves back and forth at time the camera will go out of focus.

I'm more interested in you guys, there is such a huge selection of artists to for fans to be obessesed with, im curious to how you ended up being such huge fans of Mika?

you will regret this :lmfao:

Hello David,

so you are curious to find out why we are so huge fans of Mika? I think you gave yourself some of the answers :wink2:. First of all he has a wonderful voice, have you taken the time to listen to all of his songs to realise what he can do with his voice? Second he writes fantastic lyrics which tells stories and fairytales and are very deep even when the melodies are happy and funny. Third he writes beautiful melodies which give you a happy feeling and can cheer you up every day. Fourth he creats shows and performs in a way which is unic and if you have seen him live once you have to see him again and again. Sixth he is very intelligent and deep as you know and he inspires us to do things in our life to have more fun ( for example I started to play piano again and started to travel Europe ). I hope you can understand what I mean as English is not my first language and it´s not so easy for me to express what I want to say.

Thank you for coming to the MFC.

That's an easy one. He's got a unique ability to make music that really resonates. The sort of thing that gets stuck in your head for days, but somehow you don't mind. (That last part is key - there are plenty of TERRIBLE songs that get stuck in your head and make you want to drive an ice pick through your ears, praying the song just goes away.) The Eye Candy factor is huge too - He's REALLY easy to look at :D Tall, lanky, amazing cheekbones, lush lips and eyes that bore into your very SOUL :blush-anim-cl:

Plus, I think a lot of us really enjoy the unselfconsciousness on stage. He's never nervous about the fact that he can't really dance, he just kind of says "to heck with it, i'm dancing whether I look goofy or not!" That kind of joy is transportive - it gets you outside yourself, which is an amazing and wonderful talent.

I know I don't speak for all fans, just for myself, but I think there are probably a couple who might know what I'm talking about in these rambling 5AM thoughts.

you will regret this :lmfao:

:lmfao: Listen to Robi,David!!

The first thing is his music obviously. But then you start watching his interviews and you grow fond of him. But once you see him live... MAN YOU ARE DOOMED. You become a Mikfan INSTANTLY.

For me his shows are the most important,but the real "glue" that keeps me attached here is the people Ive met. Not only at shows,also here,online. This forum is plenty of nice people. These are my reasons.

Well he has a very unique voice, and if you listen to him live you will realize he sounds live even better than he does on his albums and that's quite rare these days. His music makes me happy, I can't stop listening to it. Also, he is a very intelligent and interesting person as you could see yourself, I love reading his texts (blogs etc) and watching how he puts a lot of heart, time and energy for every detail (his shows, album cover art etc.). And of course there's this hand-made, family-focused atmosphere around him, I really appreciate it.

You must be the coolest interviewer ever! Thank you for sharing this with us! :wub2:

Now about your question...I first heard of Mika when I was 12, Grace Kelly was playing on MTV all the time. Since then I always looked out for his singles but I never was a big fan until last October-November. What got me into Mika was that he was different than most artists. He seemed free and care-less and happy, and by being like that I had these feelings when I listened to his music too! He made me proud to be different and a little bit weird, he got me into drawing again. I'm generally a negative person, but whenever I listen to his songs they instantly make me smile. He has an angelic voice, he's a beautiful person inside out, he is VERY kind to his fans and makes amazing shows. I first saw him live in July, I traveled from Greece to Italy to see him, and that was the best night of my life, he even came to his fans after the concert to sign autographs, I couldn't be happier!

Also the MFC is a great community and I've made many friends here, and I'm very grateful for that :pinkbow:

So there you go, here's my essay :naughty: Mind you it could have been way longer but I stopped myself :mf_rosetinted:

Just because he is a deep dude who happens to have an obssession withvampire skeletons....:mf_rosetinted:

Oh and he sometimes wears women's underwear....:mikacool:

There are vampire skeletons stuck in the engine, Sir...

have you got any ideia of how did they get here???

:mikacool:

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmao: :lmao: wonkaaaa!!! :aah: *falls from the chair laughing*

there are so many answers to that, and that's just my opinion, others have other reasons... i first fell in love with the song grace kelly, then i came here on MFC, watched some video interviews on youtube, and saw him live in munich. that was the beginning, already 4 reasons. :teehee: his concerts are addictive, i love his music, i feel at home in this forum, i can relate to several aspects of mika's background story and personality (as we know it). and he really cares about his fans. he comes out to sign autographs and have a quick chat with his fans after nearly every show. plus, and i appreciate this a lot compared to other bands/artists i've been a fan of in the past, mika fans are one team. of course you get along better with some than with others, but generally there's not those little fan groups working against each other like it's the case with other artists, but mostly we all try to help each other. maybe it's about tolerance, it's something that is important to mika, and to his fans as well. :wub2:

another reason is the creativity. a lot of mika fans are really creative, and so am i. we've made a lot of fan presents for him (we all melt when we see him so happy when he receives our presents :teehee:), and i LOVE taking part in those projects, they made me re-discover my creative side in the last 5 years and gain more confidence in being creative. all thanks to mika and his fans. :wub2:

Edited by mellody

Just because he is a deep dude who happens to have an obssession withvampire skeletons....:mf_rosetinted:

Oh and he sometimes wears women's underwear....:mikacool:

You deffo want to scare him away :aah: you forgot to add he loves spaguetti with nutella, brocolli with tuna fish and boilex eggs, and that he had a male dog called Gertrude...

Oh wait.... :mf_rosetinted:

What has he done to those poor 6 cars????

Mmmm let me put it this way Wonka ... 6 divided by 2 - 1 = 2 :teehee:

:bye:

Thanks for sharing your opinions about Mika with the deep dude fans...:naughty:

AND ZOMG!!!!

Hey, peeps, we've got another VIP on the forum...:shocked:

Remember Perez???:naughty:

Hmm remember me???? Mika said i was "famous" you know... He wouldn't lie? Would he? XD