Blunt Talking with Mika Video Interview - Sept. 2012

LaraMay

Mika has very long answers. We spoke about the short film he did for the origin of love. How he decided to do it with a small budget and go a very deep way about it. I got the feeling he wants to sure a more mature side to his music.

He came in with who I think was his boyfriend. Good looking dude. We we're in the sanderson hotel and the first thing mika said was ' ahhh so many crazy nights here with amy winehouse ' so I thought, he might just be the type of celeb who names drop. But he was so down to earth and intelligent. Far away from any gimmicky songs he may have.

Also, I didn't want to just discuss things you already know about him which is why I add those random questions at the end.

Oh and well spotted, one the arm rests on the chair was actually broken. So he may of seemed a bit awkward.

I will see what I can do about the full interview. Management might not like certain parts on youtube

i expected no less :mf_rosetinted:

I did enjoy those unusual questions so thanks for thinking about us! :wub2: and any extra bits will be appreciated...yes he can talk for ages that one :naughty:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mika has very long answers. We spoke about the short film he did for the origin of love. How he decided to do it with a small budget and go a very deep way about it. I got the feeling he wants to sure a more mature side to his music.

He came in with who I think was his boyfriend. Good looking dude. We we're in the sanderson hotel and the first thing mika said was ' ahhh so many crazy nights here with amy winehouse ' so I thought, he might just be the type of celeb who names drop. But he was so down to earth and intelligent. Far away from any gimmicky songs he may have.

Also, I didn't want to just discuss things you already know about him which is why I add those random questions at the end.

Oh and well spotted, one the arm rests on the chair was actually broken. So he may of seemed a bit awkward.

I will see what I can do about the full interview. Management might not like certain parts on youtube

Who said anything about Youtube? We have our own MikaTube here. It will be between us. Management won't know a thing:mf_rosetinted:

Thanks for these further details about it: it's always interesting to know the "backstage" of an interview :wink2:

Hope that you'll be able to post the entire interview :pray:

Edited by Lucrezia

You can still enter the competition to win the signed t-shirt from Mika.

Ask me questions and i'll remember stuff.

x

really??! :boing: how? i thought u were goin to announce the winner soon..:aah:

u might regret saying that :naughty: jk jk

x

Have entered of course:naughty:

What was his mood when not being filmed? Was he all serious or in a goofy mood?:naughty:

Hey Guys,

Thanks so much for the feedback and positive or negative comments. Mika was so down to earth and articulate. We spoke for about 30 minutes so it was tough to cut it down to just 5 mins.

Any questions you guys have about him?

Thanks

David Shellim

That's so nice of you to come here and discuss a bit! Wow! :thumb_yello:

I watched the interview as soon as it was posted, really enjoyed it (but well I'm rarely bored watching Mika, I'm sure you can relate to that now), especially the random questions at the end 'shower/bath' that one made me laugh!

Do you feel like he was nervous? He has already said before that he really wants it to work for him in the UK and France so he might have been a bit tense?

Oh, poor you, coming on here into this thread! Don't take it personal, we're always like that. But I promise we'll love you if you post the full 30 minutes somewhere :blush-anim-cl:

You know that feeling when you talk about someone and he is just behind you.:teehee:

Maybe he was just comfortable sitting like that? Let's not over-analyse :naughty:

And I too would like the full 30 minute interview:mf_rosetinted:

Over-analyzing is the essence of MFC.:uhno: So he wasn't defending, just didn't know what to do with his hands since the chair was broken.:teehee:

Thank you for sharing all this with us. It's really something special. :wub2: Those random questions were great. :thumb_yello:

x

Did he tell you the whole "I was born in Beirut, grew up in Paris and London" story? :naughty:

Thanks for the interview and the details David!

If you cannot post the whole video, a longer one would certainly be much appreciated :D

I am starting to get concerned about Mika's car crash stories. I know he is exaggerating (if he really drove off a cliff in Wales he wouldn't live to tell about it :naughty:) but still...

If he is THAT bad maybe he should seriously think about going back to being driven around. :aah:

Anyway thanks for sharing this BluntTalking. His interviews are getting a bit repetitive at this stage but this was a little different.

I am starting to get concerned about Mika's car crash stories. I know he is exaggerating (if he really drove off a cliff in Wales he wouldn't live to tell about it :naughty:) but still...

If he is THAT bad maybe he should seriously think about going back to being driven around. :aah:

Anyway thanks for sharing this BluntTalking. His interviews are getting a bit repetitive at this stage but this was a little different.

I doubt he's that bad. I don't think someone like Dita von Teese would step in a car with a driver who hits everything in his way:naughty:

I doubt he's that bad. I don't think someone like Dita von Teese would step in a car with a driver who hits everything in his way:naughty:

Maybe they are both nuts? :dunno::naughty:

:lmfao:

note to everyone living in London & surroundings...

if you see Mika at the wheel...get out of the way! run! run for your life!

:aah:

IT'S OKAY I WOULD SAVE HIM, with my Welshness. :mf_rosetinted:

*imagines going for a walk up the mountain and stumbling across the scene*

Yeah just joking around off camera.

Yeah in a way he was careful because he does not want to come across as silly like some of his playful songs. He's a deep dude and i think he wants to show a more cultured side now.

Because of my surname he thought i was arabic so at the end without cameras he was telling me about it and seemed happy about it.

Yeah in a way he was careful because he does not want to come across as silly like some of his playful songs. He's a deep dude and i think he wants to show a more cultured side now.

Because of my surname he thought i was arabic so at the end without cameras he was telling me about it and seemed happy about it.

I think you're the coolest interviewer ever for coming on here and look at the comments of your worst critics!

And thank you for the backstage stories. They're really nice to hear!

@BluntTalking Thank you very much for coming on MFC and sharing some behind-the-scenes details with us. I think you spotted why he is polarizes opinion so much.

he was so down to earth and intelligent. Far away from any gimmicky songs he may have.

Him being intelligent is no news to his fans but I don't think any of us would consider his songs to be gimmicky. I personally consider them clever pop songs that may be difficult to get if one closes off and judges them on the surface only. In fact, I think it is the complexity of his songs that makes most of them unfit to the mindset of the casual pop music listener, whilst those interested in other genres simply look down on pop. I hope he manages to open people's mind a bit with the new album.

That's what his fans think about him :thumb_yello: He is a very intelligent man. Thanks for coming here and sharing more details!