Mika Talks Why He Came Out, Looking 'Ridiculous' In His Underwear & Being a Big Kid

Milda

Aka lies :mf_rosetinted:

Well it's his life and he can decide what to share so I rather call them "little stories" :wink2: He seems to need some regular stories for interviews, must be easier that way, so many interviews in a short time period.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, just like i thought! :biggrin2: like i said before, he never actually said that it was a *different* guy - so actually he didn't lie, he just left out parts of the truth. :naughty:

i love what he says about being in awe. :wub2: that's just what i feel at his concerts, so i can totally relate to that. :fangurl:

haha, just like i thought! :biggrin2: like i said before, he never actually said that it was a *different* guy - so actually he didn't lie, he just left out parts of the truth. :naughty:

i love what he says about being in awe. :wub2: that's just what i feel at his concerts, so i can totally relate to that. :fangurl:

So do you think he can understand his fans are not total psychos, we just stare because we think he is quite gorgeous? :naughty: Yes, I know what he means and agree with him.

It's not lies, it's today's version of the truth. :mf_rosetinted:

Actually, it's very easy to tell the truth, but suggest something completely different, even the complete opposite, while strictly speaking you're still telling the truth. For instance, he does not say he got back together with the person he was with for five years. It could just as well be any one of the guys he went out with after that, and we don't know any of them. He's talking about a horrific break-up, sure, but he didn't say he only had one terrible break-up. Not saying that is the case, but he's definitely making sure that the information he gives can be interpreted in multiple ways.

Well it's his life and he can decide what to share so I rather call them "little stories" :wink2: He seems to need some regular stories for interviews, must be easier that way, so many interviews in a short time period.

Oh well.... for people who have been here for ages is nof only what he says in this or that interview but many other things weve seen in gigs or recent hints he (or they xD) are leaving.

The important thing is that he is happy and as long as Im concern it really sounds finally as a happy ending. :wub2:

That moment when my phone doesnt allow me to reply to tiibet...

:sneaky2:

You are right. I sometimes find his interviews boring,so imagine how boring it must be for him :aah:

Yes, and he also talks more if he likes the interviewer or if the journalist seem to know him/his music. I can very well imagine he just doesn't feel like being open in every interview.

You summed it up. It does make sense that he got back with his ex, before disappearing for months. A new relationship wouldn't have lasted in that circumstance. But it doesn't really matter. He's happy. He's back and he just sang a breathtaking version of Celebrate on the BBC!

Yes, and he also talks more if he likes the interviewer or if the journalist seem to know him/his music. I can very well imagine he just doesn't feel like being open in every interview.

Yes!

It is his choice what to tell and what to hide. He is quite talkative lately, maybe even too much, and usually people can't keep in themselves the things that make them happy. If I want to scream to the whole world how I love Mika, I can imagine how hard for him to restrain himself, and not to reveal too much of info. So, maybe, one time he is too relaxed and tells s lot, and another time he just wants to make a step back.

It's not lies, it's today's version of the truth. :mf_rosetinted:

Actually, it's very easy to tell the truth, but suggest something completely different, even the complete opposite, while strictly speaking you're still telling the truth. For instance, he does not say he got back together with the person he was with for five years. It could just as well be any one of the guys he went out with after that, and we don't know any of them. He's talking about a horrific break-up, sure, but he didn't say he only had one terrible break-up. Not saying that is the case, but he's definitely making sure that the information he gives can be interpreted in multiple ways.

This is exactly what I understood from the first place :thumb_yello:

:naughty: BS detector... i like that title

you should write it under your "fugazi" :aah:

Maybe fugazi detector? Similar to troll busting, hmmm. :naughty:

He's talking about a horrific break-up, sure, but he didn't say he only had one terrible break-up. Not saying that is the case, but he's definitely making sure that the information he gives can be interpreted in multiple ways.

I don't think he's making sure it can be interpreted multiple ways. Besides one thing he's said consistently throughout his career is that the truth is in his lyrics and it is clear from a few of them that this is not a person he met a week before he started writing. Probably not even a year.

aaaah finally a recent print interview that I actually enjoyed! :aah:

i'm heartened to see him basically admit the reason he didn't correct the bisexual label til now is that he wasn't ready to say he was gay publicly...

and finally some truth about the bf!! that took many interviews indeed :aah::fisch:

I don't think he's making sure it can be interpreted multiple ways. Besides one thing he's said consistently throughout his career is that the truth is in his lyrics and it is clear from a few of them that this is not a person he met a week before

he started writing. Probably not even a year.

Indeed. I don't think Mika would open himself that easily and write such a song as TOOL for anybody he has just met. :)

Anyway, Paul (Manneke Paul, 30 sept) asked him if he was still with the person for who he had written LYWID and he admitted that he still was (it was pretty awkward xD). Once again, everyday has its own truth when it comes to Mika but really... I wonder how he convinced the boyfriend to come back after that :fisch: (Yeah, I can't help talking about it but really, I thought he had dedicated it to someone else than his current boyfriend xD)

Given the amount of break up songs on Mika's CDs, we could wonder what are his daily habits when it comes to relationships... Are they breaking up each morning and getting back together for dinner ? :aah: Really, it's pretty weird *But yeah, it's Mika... no wonder it's complicated*

Edited by Kaito

I don't think he's making sure it can be interpreted multiple ways. Besides one thing he's said consistently throughout his career is that the truth is in his lyrics and it is clear from a few of them that this is not a person he met a week before he started writing. Probably not even a year.

I don't think he's secretly working on some giant scheme to confuse his fans or anything like that, but it's a way to maintain privacy.

I believe him if he says the truth is in his lyrics. But I think the truth in his songs is more related to his emotions than to actual facts surrounding events. And that means that he necessarily needs to keep the facts vague in order to protect his privacy. If you know both the facts and the emotions associated with them, you basically know everything, and that's just too much.

I could imagine TOOL being written for a person he just started going out with. Even though I must admit it's been a while since I've fallen that crazily in love with anyone, but still... Of course MYH is different, but also in that case you can feel like that after only a few months of being with someone. And then again, both songs could just as well be about the mystery five year relationship. There's endless possibilities :naughty:

Given the amount of break up songs on Mika's CDs, we could wonder what are his daily habits when it comes to relationships... Are they breaking up each in the morning and getting back together for dinner ? :aah: Really, it's pretty weird *But yeah, it's Mika... no wonder it's complicated*

:lmfao:

Once again, everyday has its own truth when it comes to Mika but really... I wonder how he convinced the boyfriend to come back after that :fisch:

I guess he played him The Origin of Love first. :wink2:

And that means that he necessarily needs to keep the facts vague in order to protect his privacy.

What do the basic facts surrounding his relationship (eg whether he has been in his current relationship for 5 years or more like 2 years) have to do with privacy? I think these stories are spun to make a good promo for the record. If he wanted to keep his relationship a total secret then there is a simple solution to that. Do not write an album about it and discuss it in public.

Is the namesake on the song "Emily" an alter ego of yours?

It actually kind of is. I have various pen names, because I write for other people and sometimes it's easier when no one knows who's written or co-written the song. So I have this little fleet of girls' first names that I write under. One of them got discovered and it's out, but I've got a few others that are still nice and safe.

This is soooooooooooooooo weird, not about changing his name as a songwriter, but do it that much, and, women names??!! :naughty:

Mika :doh:

I guess he played him The Origin of Love first. :wink2:

Sounds like a pretty nice strategy to me, indeed :thumb_yello:

(I guess he must have had to find something really really GREAT to make up for LMWID... Not best song to hear when it's about you :huh:

It's a pity that guy will probably never enjoy this song as much as we do :aah:)

"I can keep on building my niche and my fans are faithful and I don't have to compromise any part of myself or my writing. If that's the case, then I'll keep going."

this explains a lot. :wub2:

t4p, I loved this interview. :blush-anim-cl:

Okay now we're getting down to business. Did he really have to give 158 interviews before he finally told the truth? :roftl:

It was clear to me since I heard Underwater and Celebrate confirmed that.:dunnno: I am not sure if we'll need interviews any more Listening to his songs should tell it all. :mf_rosetinted:

Edited by suzie

Indeed. I don't think Mika would open himself that easily and write such a song as TOOL for anybody he has just met. :)

Anyway, Paul (Manneke Paul, 30 sept) asked him if he was still with the person for who he had written LYWID and he admitted that he still was (it was pretty awkward xD). Once again, everyday has its own truth when it comes to Mika but really... I wonder how he convinced the boyfriend to come back after that :fisch: (Yeah, I can't help talking about it but really, I thought he had dedicated it to someone else than his current boyfriend xD)

Given the amount of break up songs on Mika's CDs, we could wonder what are his daily habits when it comes to relationships... Are they breaking up each morning and getting back together for dinner ? :aah: Really, it's pretty weird *But yeah, it's Mika... no wonder it's complicated*

Well he was going out to gay clubs at 16, so presumably, he's been dating since then.

Most teenagers can probably relate, and the adults among us, remember, the times they've liked someone who hasn't liked them back, or gone out with someone whom they thought might be "the one", only to have their hearts broken.

So I don't think everything is about now, or this relationship.

It could also be that Mika and his partner have had rows and maybe even, broken up a few times, for a while. During those five years he would say in one interview, "yes I'm with somone," and next time, "No I'm not." So I think they were on-off quite a bit during that time. But maybe the big break up they had, was some sort of catalyst that brought them closer together in the end. It's only my opinion, but I'd like to hope it's true coz I'm an old romantic.