Tour Rumours - 2013!

dcdeb

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a rumour that Marseille is cancelled so maybe back down to 9? :naughty:

I really can't believe there is such a high demand for any artist in any country. Canada is so different. We just don't have so many festivals like this that would be suitable for big pop artists. I can't imagine Mika playing a festival within 500 kms of me and I live in one of the biggest cities in North America. It doesn't matter how popular he is. We just don't have that here.

There's a rumour that Marseille is cancelled so maybe back down to 9? :naughty:

I really can't believe there is such a high demand for any artist in any country. Canada is so different. We just don't have so many festivals like this that would be suitable for big pop artists. I can't imagine Mika playing a festival within 500 kms of me and I live in one of the biggest cities in North America. It doesn't matter how popular he is. We just don't have that here.

Between May and September, the UK is rammed full of them, not just the big ones like Glastonbury and Reading/Leeds,but tons of smaller festivals too. We have one in my home town every 2 years, and up until last year, my hometown hosted the Eddie Cochrane Rock and Roll festival, as he died just down the hill from my old Primary school. One year we had Little Richard performing.

Between May and September, the UK is rammed full of them, not just the big ones like Glastonbury and Reading/Leeds,but tons of smaller festivals too. We have one in my home town every 2 years, and up until last year, my hometown hosted the Eddie Cochrane Rock and Roll festival, as he died just down the hill from my old Primary school. One year we had Little Richard performing.

Mika is never going to play Reading though is he? And a rock and roll festival doesn't really sound like his speed either. We have festivals here too but they are not for pop stars.

It's too bad he's not at Glastonbury again though. One of the execs in my company lives in Bristol and saw him in 2007 and really enjoyed it.

Maybe the Virgin Festival one day? :pray:

Mika is never going to play Reading though is he? And a rock and roll festival doesn't really sound like his speed either. We have festivals here too but they are not for pop stars.

It's too bad he's not at Glastonbury again though. One of the execs in my company lives in Bristol and saw him in 2007 and really enjoyed it.

Maybe the Virgin Festival one day? :pray:

Yes, but with Glasto,you have to register, and get your ticket pretty much before you see the lineup. If you aren't registered in advance,you can't have a ticket.

But Vfest, T In The Park, Wireless, Bestival, Camp Bestival, Big Chill, to name a few of the well know pop orientated festivals, he could play. There are loads of other smaller ones, like Treefest at Westonbirt Arbouretum just outside Bristol, or OxFest around Oxford too.

Do you think he could get added to any of these lineups or it's too late?

Some of them haven't rolled out the whole line ups yet (I haven't seen the T In The Park, Oxygen or Big Chill line ups yet). Latitude have said more to be announced, but that is the weekend of my nephews wedding, so I might not be able to go to that anyway, unless he plays on the Sunday. V Fest is the weekend of his birthday, so this year I don't think he'll be playing there, if he has plans like he said he has.

So there is a faint possibility,but I'm not holding my breath.

Some of them haven't rolled out the whole line ups yet (I haven't seen the T In The Park, Oxygen or Big Chill line ups yet). Latitude have said more to be announced, but that is the weekend of my nephews wedding, so I might not be able to go to that anyway, unless he plays on the Sunday. V Fest is the weekend of his birthday, so this year I don't think he'll be playing there, if he has plans like he said he has.

Some of us german fans are writing to festivals in our area where we could imagine mika playing, that we'd be happy if they invited him. for example on their facebook sites. so far we only got an answer from "das festival", where he performed 2 years ago in schaffhausen, saying that it'd be boring to have him again after only 2 years (as if! :aah:) so they won't invite him. but we'll keep on trying, maybe you could do the same in the uk? it might not help much and of course it depends not only on the festivals but also on mika, but i think it definitely can't hurt to show some interest. :thumb_yello:

He's not on the line up for T in the park :no:

I can't personally see him doing any of the UK ones this year....I think LoveBox would have been the only possibility and he wasn't likely to be doing that two years in a row :tears:

He's not on the line up for T in the park :no:

I can't personally see him doing any of the UK ones this year....I think LoveBox would have been the only possibility and he wasn't likely to be doing that two years in a row :tears:

The mainstage line up hasn't come out for that yet, only the dj sets for the weekend at the moment.

Some of us german fans are writing to festivals in our area where we could imagine mika playing, that we'd be happy if they invited him. for example on their facebook sites. so far we only got an answer from "das festival", where he performed 2 years ago in schaffhausen, saying that it'd be boring to have him again after only 2 years (as if! :aah:) so they won't invite him. but we'll keep on trying, maybe you could do the same in the uk? it might not help much and of course it depends not only on the festivals but also on mika, but i think it definitely can't hurt to show some interest. :thumb_yello:

He said he wasn't doing anything in Germany this year so I don't think that will change so suddenly. I guess you will have to wait until next year.

He said he wasn't doing anything in Germany this year so I don't think that will change so suddenly. I guess you will have to wait until next year.

like i said, of course it also depends on mika but it definitely can't hurt if the festivals *invite* him, for this or next year or AT ALL. writing to them shows the festival organizers that there are people interested in mika, and if they invite him, it shows mika that there are german festival organizers interested in him. so whether he performs here this year or not, everyone can just win. :teehee: besides, mika also said last year that he wouldn't do any concerts in france for a very long time - and although those now are called festivals, many of them are indeed more like concerts than like a festival - so you know, it's not like we can take literally everything mika says. :naughty:

He will perform in Switzerland on August 17, in a Festival called "Rock Oz Arènes" :thumb_yello:

http://2013.rockozarenes.com/fr/programme/band/676

ah, thank you! :thumb_yello: not so much out of reach like some other festivals, so i might think about this...

Hm, I would like him to play at Bochum Total, it's an exicting festival, good visited, with different stages, the visitors have not to pay and you can buy things The studio of the local radio station is near to that, ( Mika has been guest there at the end of 2012) and many restaurants and cafes, but usually the artists have to apply for the event . I dont know who of you write to the organizers but maybe you should ask cool tours( I can give you a phone number)

He will perform in Switzerland on August 17, in a Festival called "Rock Oz Arènes" :thumb_yello:

http://2013.rockozarenes.com/en/programme/band/676

I'm so happy he's doing this one!! The venue is beautiful as it's in an anthic theater:

david-guetta-rock-oz-arenes-avenches-livraison-gratuite.jpg

If you're thinking about this one hurry up to buy your tickets 'cause it's usually quickly sold out :wink2:

Hm, I would like him to play at Bochum Total, it's an exicting festival, good visited, with different stages, the visitors have not to pay and you can buy things The studio of the local radio station is near to that, ( Mika has been guest there at the end of 2012) and many restaurants and cafes, but usually the artists have to apply for the event . I dont know who of you write to the organizers but maybe you should ask cool tours( I can give you a phone number)

just write to the festival on their facebook page and let me know, then i'll like it and comment on it. :wink2: and i'm sure some other german fans will do the same... :original:

If you're thinking about this one hurry up to buy your tickets 'cause it's usually quickly sold out :wink2:

thanks for the info - i just hope team mika confirms it soon! :aah:

Edited by mellody