Tour Rumours - 2013!

dcdeb

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I am kinda amazed that Frenchies still ask for more gigs :naughty:.

I have to say, though, that a lot of these upcoming shows in France are festivals, and TBH, I wouldn't be happy about that either. If he were only doing festivals here in the US I probably wouldn't go, and I'd be saying

:overreact: Why, MIKA, why can't you play a proper gig here???

Having said that, though, I am *really* glad that he's doing "an intimate show" in so many cities here in the US this time around... and that I'm going to get to see several of them. No complaints from me now. At least not for a while. :naughty:

Hahah, that must be the cutest smiley ever, reminds me of my fav Frankenweenie scene (

1:18) can't stop watching it. Lol!

Yes, intimate gigs are lovely, can't say anything else :wub2: But I've learnt to love festivals too. There's a possibility to meet a lot of people, discover new artists and bands AND see Mika on stage (even it's not that intimate, it's always a pleasure to see him).

I have to say, though, that a lot of these upcoming shows in France are festivals, and TBH, I wouldn't be happy about that either. If he were only doing festivals here in the US I probably wouldn't go, and I'd be saying

Since I know that he won't do a proper gig in my country never,I'm very satisfied if I can see him on a festival in another country.I've seen him on both cases,and tbh,I didn't see any differences :dunno: At his gigs it was a DJ playing music before his performance,on festivals it was a band as supporting act.I don't know if it's the same everywhere,but the festivals in Vigevano and Nice were like his proper gigs :wub2: And the audience was there for him,definitely :naughty: So,sorry if I can not feel compassion for french amis at this moment,because they get only festivals :teehee:

Speaking for others in the UK (not myself as I know that I am lucky enough to be able to travel) it would be nice to have either. :mf_rosetinted: And I know there are lots of other countries that aren't getting anything at all just like us......but.....but......it still hurts :tears:

Having said that, though, I am *really* glad that he's doing "an intimate show" in so many cities here in the US this time around... and that I'm going to get to see several of them. No complaints from me now. At least not for a while. :naughty:

As much as I would LOVE proper gigs here in the UK, if he did a festival here that has day tickets, I would jump on it.The reason I'm going to Liege is because it's not looking like we're getting anything else here. If I could be absolutely certain we might get something resembling a tour this year, I might have held off.

As much as I would LOVE proper gigs here in the UK, if he did a festival here that has day tickets, I would jump on it.The reason I'm going to Liege is because it's not looking like we're getting anything else here. If I could be absolutely certain we might get something resembling a tour this year, I might have held off.

I think it is more absolutely certain that we won't. :mf_rosetinted::tears:

Since I know that he won't do a proper gig in my country never,I'm very satisfied if I can see him on a festival in another country.I've seen him on both cases,and tbh,I didn't see any differences :dunno: At his gigs it was a DJ playing music before his performance,on festivals it was a band as supporting act.I don't know if it's the same everywhere,but the festivals in Vigevano and Nice were like his proper gigs :wub2: And the audience was there for him,definitely :naughty: So,sorry if I can not feel compassion for french amis at this moment,because they get only festivals :teehee:

Well, all I'm saying is I understand the complaints, because, as I've said before, I'm not a festival-goer -- it's not just that I'm old (even though I am :old:). I've never cared for them -- the crowds, the expense, having to wait long hours suffering through a stream of bands that you don't care about, exposed to the elements, whether it's blazing sun, or pouring rain, mud, or whatever, the crowds, the fact that you could be so far away from the stage that you wouldn't see anything, and have I mentioned the crowds? :naughty: The only reason I went to the Montgolfieres festival was because it was more like a proper Mika gig -- Mika was the only act playing (aside from a short set from a support act) -- plus I had a great group of friends to hang out with. But seriously, would I do it again? Probably not now, since I have the choice to go to a string of these smaller shows. :dunno:

I would always chose a proper gig given a choice - but I do agree that generally when Mika has played festivals he usually does a fairly long set. I think the only execption in my experience was Lovebox last summer.

Well, all I'm saying is I understand the complaints, because, as I've said before, I'm not a festival-goer -- it's not just that I'm old (even though I am :old:). I've never cared for them -- the crowds, the expense, having to wait long hours suffering through a stream of bands that you don't care about, exposed to the elements, whether it's blazing sun, or pouring rain, mud, or whatever, the crowds, the fact that you could be so far away from the stage that you wouldn't see anything, and have I mentioned the crowds? :naughty: The only reason I went to the Montgolfieres festival was because it was more like a proper Mika gig -- Mika was the only act playing (aside from a short set from a support act) -- plus I had a great group of friends to hang out with. But seriously, would I do it again? Probably not now, since I have the choice to go to a string of these smaller shows. :dunno:

I know what you mean,I'm :old: too.....and you're right,if I'd have the choice,I'll do the same :thumb_yello:

I dislike festivals too, but 7 festivals is more than nothing in say, Mexico.

The funny thing is (not :aah:) that every time a gig in France is announced,many french fans on twitter are like: OH,no! :throw: NOOOO,Mika!! :chair: WHY??? Why are you doing a gig on the street next to me? :hair: WHY?? :banghead: I want a gig on MY STREET,dammit!!! :furious: On my backyard!!! Pleaseeeee!!! :pray:

:mf_rosetinted:

I know this must be annoying, but I'm sure you can realise that it's not the case of most French fans.

Also, people can have different reactions to how lucky we are. For example, I still hardly believe that Mika actually performed right next to me in Roubaix (:blink:), especially when I see him performing in NYC, LA, Seoul or Tokyo a few months later.. Crazy!

But maybe other fans take it more for granted and expect him to come closer everytime.

For my part it would never come to my mind to start complaining about dates in France when I know how far some of you have to travel to see him, but it's true that we easily find that the location of such or such gig is not convenient enough because we are used to having him closer.

I know this must be annoying, but I'm sure you can realise that it's not the case of most French fans.

Also, people can have different reactions to how lucky we are. For example, I still hardly believe that Mika actually performed right next to me in Roubaix (:blink:), especially when I see him performing in NYC, LA, Seoul or Tokyo a few months later.. Crazy!

But maybe other fans take it more for granted and expect him to come closer everytime.

For my part it would never come to my mind to start complaining about dates in France when I know how far some of you have to travel to see him, but it's true that we easily find that the location of such or such gig is not convenient enough because we are used to having him closer.

I'm perfectly aware that it's not many fans who are complaining,I'm sorry if that was the impression :blush-anim-cl: I love France,and I know some very nice French fans here,and I'm grateful for all what you guys are doing here,keeping us updated, posting news,helping with translations,etc :thumb_yello: What I want to say is that is quite weird when I still see some french people bitching because Mika is coming in N-E of France,or S-W,and not in S-E :doh: Or even worse,he's doing a gig,or a festival,or whatever,in the middle of France,and not in the South! :blink: But this is only my opinion,of course......

And of course,I'll have to come to France this summer,if I want to see him :wink2:

Edited by krysady

Yes, even with French gigs Mika manages to choose venues that are difficult to get to, so it's not as if all French fans can go to all his appearances there.

And a lot of the dates are mid-week, which doesn't help.

Yes, even with French gigs Mika manages to choose venues that are difficult to get to, so it's not as if all French fans can go to all his appearances there.

And a lot of the dates are mid-week, which doesn't help.

Same problem in the US, really. His tour here should really be called the "NORTH US Tour" :rolls_eyes: There isn't a gig that less than 14 hours away from me.

Camille don't take the moaning about the French fans moaning personally. The comments from the American fans were even more ridiculous. They were moaning on his FB that he should come to the western US, Chicago, NYC, etc. and he already is. :lmfao:

Same problem in the US, really. His tour here should really be called the "NORTH US Tour" :rolls_eyes: There isn't a gig that less than 14 hours away from me.

Well considering there are 3 Canadian dates even that is a misnomer. And of course San Diego is almost at Mexico, even though I'm sure that's also terribly inconvenient for everyone in the South. :aah:

In 2009 there were some Brits moaning because Mika did a secret gig in LA in April and an acoustic gig in NYC in June and there was only one UK gig in London in June. It just wasn't fair and we North Americans were all so lucky. :crybaby:

People don't seem to realize that these cities are thousands and thousands of miles away from each other. It's like me saying that the Brits are so lucky because he did one gig in London and another in Moscow. As if 99% of people living in the UK would even consider going to Moscow for a concert.

Knew that the :overreact: smiley would work well here :teehee:

Camille don't take the moaning about the French fans moaning personally. The comments from the American fans were even more ridiculous. They were moaning on his FB that he should come to the western US, Chicago, NYC, etc. and he already is. :lmfao:

:lmfao::doh:

In 2009 there were some Brits moaning because Mika did a secret gig in LA in April and an acoustic gig in NYC in June and there was only one UK gig in London in June. It just wasn't fair and we North Americans were all so lucky. :crybaby:

People don't seem to realize that these cities are thousands and thousands of miles away from each other. It's like me saying that the Brits are so lucky because he did one gig in London and another in Moscow. As if 99% of people living in the UK would even consider going to Moscow for a concert.

:teehee: How terrible... I remember all the whinging happening around then (and someone telling people that they should try to go to a gig in another country rather than whinging about another country getting gigs)...

Totally agree with the bit you said about gigs in the US being 1000's of miles from each other. It's the same as someone in Oz being told that they're lucky because Mika was doing one gig in Sydney and one in Perth...

:doh:, what am I thinking, Mika would never do two gigs in Oz... :teehee: let alone one in Perth...

And if you haven't guessed already, I am being sarcastic. I have absolutely nothing against Perth.

:thumb_yello:

Well considering there are 3 Canadian dates even that is a misnomer. And of course San Diego is almost at Mexico, even though I'm sure that's also terribly inconvenient for everyone in the South. :aah:

Right? And truthfully, I've made the 14 hour drive to DC before for a documentary shoot. But I didn't do it alone and we were there for 3 days! I adore this man, but not quite enough to be that ridiculous!

Looking at the map on mikasounds again, I guess there are things in the "south", but more like the south west. Essentially, the hicks, the rednecks, and the bayou got left out. Although I don't blame him. :aah: South Florida's not that bad though. And he recorded in Miami after all. Still no love? Ah well, that's life I suppose.

Looking at the map on mikasounds again, I guess there are things in the "south", but more like the south west. Essentially, the hicks, the rednecks, and the bayou got left out. Although I don't blame him. :aah: South Florida's not that bad though. And he recorded in Miami after all. Still no love? Ah well, that's life I suppose.

Yes I don't know why he never plays Miami :dunno: Surely there is more demand for him there than in Las Vegas for instance. Perhaps not right in Miami but there are so many people in the south who would go to a Miami show I think.

Knew that the :overreact: smiley would work well here :teehee:

:lmfao::doh:

:teehee: How terrible... I remember all the whinging happening around then (and someone telling people that they should try to go to a gig in another country rather than whinging about another country getting gigs)...

Totally agree with the bit you said about gigs in the US being 1000's of miles from each other. It's the same as someone in Oz being told that they're lucky because Mika was doing one gig in Sydney and one in Perth...

:doh:, what am I thinking, Mika would never do two gigs in Oz... :teehee: let alone one in Perth...

And if you haven't guessed already, I am being sarcastic. I have absolutely nothing against Perth.

:thumb_yello:

I just found out that Seoul to Osaka is just similar as Paris to Nice, much more closer than Sydney to Perth, of course... :mf_rosetinted: and blaming myself being complained like he's playing far far farrrr away from my home...

:doh:

oh I just found out that today I was asked to go Perth for business purpose and I was like :shun: ... I have absolutely nothing against Perth, too.:mf_rosetinted:

Edited by Yuna

It's not all Frenchies of course! But there are some and it's kind of annoying. Thing is, I am quite annoyed by every "COME TO TELETUBBIELAND" posts because it's not as if spamming him will make him come over.

I've always had to travel at least 500-800 miles to see him.

Yes I don't know why he never plays Miami :dunno: Surely there is more demand for him there than in Las Vegas for instance. Perhaps not right in Miami but there are so many people in the south who would go to a Miami show I think.

Such as myself. :teehee:

Maybe he wants to try and find the actors from CSI? :dunno:

I just found out that Seoul to Osaka is just similar as Paris to Nice, much more closer than Sydney to Perth, of course... :mf_rosetinted: and blaming myself being complained like he's playing far far farrrr away from my home...

:doh:

oh I just found out that today I was asked to go Perth for business purpose and I was like :shun: ... I have absolutely nothing against Perth, too.:mf_rosetinted:

Really? *looks at google maps* Oh, that's a bit over 8 hours. When I think about how far that would be in Oz, it doesn't sound that bad. :blink::teehee:

Awwww... Poor Perth! I think Perth needs some love...

Meh, too hard! :teehee:

Sorry to quote myself but I think we have a new winner for the most ridiculous comment. Someone has posted under the video where Mika talks about starting a North American tour soon. "Come to Canada!" :clap: